You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aussie_Thunder

Royal Australian Navy

51 comments in this topic

20 posts
6,090 battles

Come on folks Australia and New Zealand played more that a major roll in both world wars and we seem to be forgotten Hows about some Australian and New Zealand Ships. Many times we saved British and American ships from being hammered till sunk. SO lets not forget them gcqfj_80r6_l.jpgshiplist1118.jpg

http://www.gunplot.net/shiplists/shiplist.htm

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles

As an Aussie it would be great to have a DD or Cruiser in the game but... we've got buckleys of getting that done before the RN is launched.

@razide - I see what you did there. Also +1 cookie for referencing Mutant Chronicles :)

Tee

156 posts
3,368 battles

I seem to recall New Zealand (home) built one for the Royal Navy

NZ paid for a RN Battlecruiser (HMS New Zealand). They finished paying for it 20 odd years after it was scrapped. 

Can only see a potential AUS & NZ premium ship coming from the RN Leander class whenever it is we are graced with their presence. And that also depends on whether the player base in both countries is big enough to warrant WG going to the effort to make them for us. 

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

NZ paid for a RN Battlecruiser (HMS New Zealand). They finished paying for it 20 odd years after it was scrapped. 

Can only see a potential AUS & NZ premium ship coming from the RN Leander class whenever it is we are graced with their presence. And that also depends on whether the player base in both countries is big enough to warrant WG going to the effort to make them for us. 

​The irony is that the Leander was primarily a NZ ship throughout the war anyway, so I'd really like them to give her the RNZN flag she sailed under. (Or at least make it a give away challenge when the line is released so you can sail under the RN and RNZN flags.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
399 posts
14,972 battles

HMAS Perth by the looks of it. Leander class CL.

HMAS Perth

Edited by Bex_o7

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

​The irony is that the Leander was primarily a NZ ship throughout the war anyway, so I'd really like them to give her the RNZN flag she sailed under. (Or at least make it a give away challenge when the line is released so you can sail under the RN and RNZN flags.

Much like Australia, New Zealand sailed under the Union Jack as members of the commonwealth. You can add Canada in to that list as well.   

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,845 battles

As an Aussie it would be great to have a DD or Cruiser in the game but... we've got buckleys of getting that done before the RN is launched.

@razide - I see what you did there. Also +1 cookie for referencing Mutant Chronicles :)

Tee

OMG you remember Mutant Chronicles !  where "even a dead man's mind is fair game"  Raise you a cookie.

home_05.jpg

He could scare the pants off an ARP commander.

Yep I've still got the old metal Razide somewhere along with the plastic one from the boardgame.

B.O.T. :  Did the US lend Australia any ships during WW2 ? Something to replace HMAS Perth perhaps ?

Edited by Razide

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

B.O.T. :  Did the US lend Australia any ships during WW2 ? Something to replace HMAS Perth perhaps ?

Nah, the RAN stayed with RN designs until the Modified Charles F Adams (Perth Class) DDGs came into service to replace the Darings

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Nah, the RAN stayed with RN designs until the Modified Charles F Adams (Perth Class) DDGs came into service to replace the Darings

Just got the old (go away leng) brain cells operating again - the USN did name one of their Baltimore Class Cruisers the USS Canberra in honour of her efforts at the Battle of Savo Island.  The only USN Ship to be named after a City, let alone Capital City of another nation.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,845 battles

Just got the old (go away leng) brain cells operating again - the USN did name one of their Baltimore Class Cruisers the USS Canberra in honour of her efforts at the Battle of Savo Island.  The only USN Ship to be named after a City, let alone Capital City of another nation.

USS Canberra, Premium ship  then :happy_fish:

J0e90 - Yes, HMAS Melbourne rammed & sank DDs HMAS Voyager 1964 and then did the same to USS Frank E Evans five years later.

Edited by Razide

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Much like Australia, New Zealand sailed under the Union Jack as members of the commonwealth. You can add Canada in to that list as well.   

O, okay, she'll still be using the flag she sailed under in the NZ division then so I guess it kills 2 birds with one stone..

1,490 posts

If HMAS Melbourne III and/or HMAS Sydney III are included I'd expect them to be closer to tier 8 or 9 as the Majestics were end of war carriers.

Yeah, sorry I forgot about that......

Well, we could nerf them then, we could disable a couple of propeller shafts, not light up all boilers,  be absent minded & go out of port with hardly any oil, forget to stock the full compliment of planes, not refit the ships, board up a few windows, only sail them with half a crew.... then they could work at teir 5                :P

Ordrazz

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

What about the Dutch? They also played a pretty big role participating in the battle of the java sea under ABDACOM

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,430 battles

I'd buy an Aussie Premium DD, I thought that was in the works kinda with the Vampire special they had up at one stage? I don;t know its stats so T5-7 would be nice, now take my money and shut up :)