You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OraPits

Getting Good

25 comments in this topic

220 posts
3,420 battles

It takes a while, but it can be done to a certain level, I'm talking about the full range of captian skills

Where others may continually run 200k damage it took me 2300 battles to get to the 20K damage average, this last 500 battles since using a warship BB has forced patience that has been making for a more exacting experience, this means

Sussing out the battlefield, making a few simple plans for myself that will help the team to a victory. This is a very dynamic game, skills used at low tiers don't help the only one is learning to shoot

Watching what others do and how to help, this has only happened since being a BB Captain and having to think a lot more than a charge and rush to kill.

I have indeed "got good" but this should really be more like " don't die as fast and have learnt to help others" I'll take it.

Team work although difficult to encourage plays a huge part and thinking "I'll save the day" doesn't work.

The amount of times I've destroyed enough to win the battle... we don't win

The amount of times I've lasted 2 minutes and scored 5k damage and won is just the same

Each ship seems to take its own life even going from the Kaiser to the Koenig have definite changes, these constant BB battles have destroyed any ability I was having with the Hipper

Tuff game this

Just saying out loud, seems I can on this forum, more rhetorical than anything else.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

OraPits,

stop thinking about your stat and have fun while learning how to get better aim and situational awearness...

and then without you realize it, you already been a good player, but you need to be better.. like icy said... ther eis no end of getting better

220 posts
3,420 battles

It's been a gradual progression not a night to day experience, it's not like a light going on, this is knew for me as Ive never had such a slow learning curve in anything in life except this WOWs you find without doing anything you just do better..I think I did my post because it has been a long journey and many times much frustrations to getting average...hope it encourages others

I remember a high tier player playing with us in a tier 2 match when I first started-ish and how he had full control over what was going on, we still lost but that wasn't the point, I'm finding I'm sort of doing most of what he was doing, not to his level of course.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I recall fighting you in one occasion while you were using your Hipper.

You charged in against 3 ships, one of which was a Yamato, while you were in open waters after the rest of the team on your side got decimated.

There are times where you need to know when to engage. Hipper doesn't have BB armor.

220 posts
3,420 battles

I remember (and still do) find myself in positions that I become aware of far to late :), I just finished a battle where I was again fighting 5 ships trying to hold a cap..my teamies were with me...then wern't lol

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I remember (and still do) find myself in positions that I become aware of far to late :), I just finished a battle where I was again fighting 5 ships trying to hold a cap..my teamies were with me...then wern't lol

ah.. dont be suprise.....teamates in WoWs have a unique skill perk.. it call "Bait"..... they can suddenly move and leave you to die as a sacrifice while they are turning...

220 posts
3,420 battles

I recall fighting you in one occasion while you were using your Hipper.

You charged in against 3 ships, one of which was a Yamato, while you were in open waters after the rest of the team on your side got decimated.

There are times where you need to know when to engage. Hipper doesn't have BB armor.

You know sometimes it's hard to break what's in you and substitute intelligence..the old charge-in and die is a hard one to break and left over silly tactics of a new person

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

You know sometimes it's hard to break what's in you and substitute intelligence..the old charge-in and die is a hard one to break and left over silly tactics of a new person

Consider finding someone to div with.

Have someone tell you when you're making mistakes, do the same for them, help out when they're in trouble, etc.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Watch YouTube videos, I do recommend the passive-aggressive play style, like Notser and flamu. Use island as cover and try staying alive as long as possible, know when to charge enemy straight up and try limiting the number of enemy that can engage you. And know your ships capabilities.

I can only thank those YouTubers and fellow player who gives me tons of advice, I have no idea what kind of terrible player I would be without them

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Watch YouTube videos, I do recommend the passive-aggressive play style, like Notser and flamu. Use island as cover and try staying alive as long as possible, know when to charge enemy straight up and try limiting the number of enemy that can engage you. And know your ships capabilities.

I can only thank those YouTubers and fellow player who gives me tons of advice, I have no idea what kind of terrible player I would be without them

I recommend Business6 too, specially those who enjoy BB brawling.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Consider finding someone to div with.

Have someone tell you when you're making mistakes, do the same for them, help out when they're in trouble, etc.

Matey can I annoy you on what you say

Do you mean to find a good player and invite him to a team?, give up Random Battles ? Do a "be a teamy with me ?" post

I am not being sarcastic, I don't run that way

Or feel free to just ignore this noob reply, it's what the wife does with an expert ability (no one likes her anyway :))

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Matey can I annoy you on what you say

Do you mean to find a good player and invite him to a team?, give up Random Battles ? Do a "be a teamy with me ?" post

I am not being sarcastic, I don't run that way

Or feel free to just ignore this noob reply, it's what the wife does with an expert ability (no one likes her anyway :))

I think you should do what you enjoy doing. And specially, if you can ignore stein, you get extra :popcorn:from me :D

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Do you mean to find a good player and invite him to a team?,

Dont have to be "Good" you can actually learn from any player around you, see what work and not working and see what you can imply to ur gameplay and how you can improve it.

But by finding "Good" player to watch or ask, you can shortening the process because watching how good player play you can just try copying the gameplay and most of the time it will actually work for you as well. 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

if you can ignore stein, you get extra :popcorn:from me :D

give my share of popcorn please.......

you can try to play in div for 3 or 5 match a day and play solo for the rest....

use discord to find teammates more easy

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Who's Stein

:)

XP  thank you for replying, I understand

So you want Salty / normal or caramel popcorn?

Beta Tester
906 posts

Situation awareness, prioritising targets, game plan ahead if you are facing 2+ ships, think about what the enemy will be doing and counter it, learn to tank damage efficiently and lastly you need to trust your shots, so your aim needs to be spot on.

The make or break is if RNGesus is on your side =D.

Thats life as a BB player.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Yes and The curse to a carrier who has decided to make this BB his personal mission (since this became a religious conversation :) ), you just don't last long

Us BB men have become DD hunters first and foremost..it seems