You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

First time on Dunkerque.. and the Result is.....

25 comments in this topic

1,835 posts
8,065 battles

First time i tried this Baguette ship and oh boy, what's the result?

It can Roast any ships and even carriers

It's like putting your marshmallow into the campfire and Burning into ashes

AA Guns aren't bad either, if you need help by a certain BB with much AA Guns

Secondaries............. 

Can't tell you if your ship turns into ashes :trollface:

Her armor on the front ricochets any AP shells (even Nagato)

I rate the ship Roast/10

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

funny i saw her get shoot by 15" shell in the front and penetrated. saw vid of flamu on his bismarck last night trying to shoot her on multiple angles and waiting for bounce, all shell penetrated or overpen and one blocked shell.

1,835 posts
8,065 battles

funny i saw her get shoot by 15" shell in the front and penetrated. saw vid of flamu on his bismarck last night trying to shoot her on multiple angles and waiting for bounce, all shell penetrated or overpen and one blocked shell.

:trollface: 

Their tanks have no Armor but the ships...... does have outstanding Bounces to other ships

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

The Dunkerque has magnificent survivability, the only Dunkerque I sunk this weekend was one with one turret destroyed. Charged and torpedoed the Dunkerque, but not before the secondaries shredded me to bits (Fireproof achievement get!).

Beta Tester
57 posts
3,018 battles

i was a bit erry of getting it myselff after watching flamu puttin hate on it but my mate conned me to getting it. YES if you show broadside u are f**** ( why the hell are you do that ) i have notticed to bounce  nearly all t6 bb shells while angled or frontally (excerpt for the warspite) even been overpening or crit damaging t7 cruiser  

well i love it when top tier but have not really faced t7-t8 bbs as of yet  ( MM been nice to me for a change???) and it kinda suits my play style

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Well they do say it will bounce 14" shells and below from the front but 15" shells and above will pen it. So warspite is the only t6 BB that will pen this ship from the front, and don't  forget RNG will have some say in it as well.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,874 battles

I was sunk a couple of times by Dunkerques over the weekend.

The red ones were noticeably better than the blue ones, especially our blue who simply reversed slowly from his/her spawn point.

They seem reasonably good at avoiding long range torpedoes but appear to burn easily.

A very handsome looking ship.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,874 battles

Do you think the Dunkerque is a sort of test of all forward mounted main guns for HMS Nelson or Rodney (T7?) for the future RN battleship line ?

1,835 posts
8,065 battles

Well they do say it will bounce 14" shells and below from the front but 15" shells and above will pen it. So warspite is the only t6 BB that will pen this ship from the front, and don't  forget RNG will have some say in it as well.

Looks like you need to be careful when someone's using Secondary build, you might get detonated as well :trollface:

It can destroy ANY Secondary guns with its quad turrets

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Its one ship built for head on engagements.  Gun heavy of the bow and way too light on the stern.  Heaven help the Dunkdriver that has to turn and run.  

It's not that bad, you can fire over your shoulder past about 25 degrees off your stern.  Anything gets close and your secondaries will deal with it (as a pushy Anshan found out yesterday :izmena: )

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Don't forget Bayern..

Also, i find people that argues that Dunk can be lolpenned by 15" guns from the bow to be topkek.. I don't know if they deliberately denies the existence of the rest of T6/T7 BBs, or simply that good at pointing out weaknesses..

Edited by Eurobeat

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Don't forget Bayern..

Also, i find people that argues that Dunk can be lolpenned by 15" guns from the bow to be topkek.. I don't know if they deliberately denies the existence of the rest of T6/T7 BBs, or simply that good at pointing out weaknesses..

You can just MLG rudder your way out of those bigger shells at longer range as you charge them down and chase them away...

Some shells fly faster (erhmm IJN 16 inch) so it might be more difficult at closer ranges.

But facetanking 14 inch shells is no problem for the Dankek.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

What is Izumo? 

Izumo share the weakness that many IJN heavy cruiser have

Must show a bit of brodaside to maintain max firepower of the front guns

563 posts
4,686 battles

I rate the ship Roast/10

Only immune to 356mm guns, face tanking at low tier? No problemo. High tier? I've citadeled one with my Bayern, straight trough the nose. Warspite can do this too remember. Baiting them to shoot your side at angle? From what atsf's said about the side armor, I don't think that'll work. So you can only dodge and hope rng is on your side

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Izumo share the weakness that many IJN heavy cruiser have

Must show a bit of brodaside to maintain max firepower of the front guns

Just believe that Izumo has 2 turrets, and you will be fine.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,874 battles

What is Izumo? 

I see what you mean now. A faster version of the Nelson, perhaps.

* And right on queue last night there was one in my ARP Myoko game. ...why does MM insist in plonking my ARP Myokos against T8 & T9 ships all the time.:panic_fish:

Edited by Razide

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I have seen one get a huge hit on enemy BB once, but I've sunk every Dunquerk I have met as an enemy. I'm not hunting them, it's just luck.

I roast them with HE from my russian stronk stalinium cruiser.

Oh, that's about 6 sunk, if anyone's counting.

Edited by BlackFart