You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bunda369

Fail gun sight lock-on

4 comments in this topic

205 posts
5,305 battles

I know that this is an on-going problem, where your gun sights fail to lock onto a target when brawling at close range.

Do we know if the developers are doing anything about this? They said it was fixed a couple of patches ago, but the problem still persists.

it's pretty irritating when you're trying to kill a DD or generally just brawling up close and personal. Your gun sights just won't remain locked onto the target.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

that because the target is moving faster then your gun sight can, even if it is only just. best idea is not to get too close to a target, keep them at around 3k's so your guns can train.

205 posts
5,305 battles

I know what it was like before this. The gun sights, or actually the turrets, may not be able to train as fast as the target. But, this is just like if you are not even locked on. The target just goes away from binocular view altogether.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

that because the target is moving faster then your gun sight can, even if it is only just. best idea is not to get too close to a target, keep them at around 3k's so your guns can train.

I have the same problem too, at close quarters my guns are pointed at target but it just won't fire. Ok maybe because BB torrets are a bit annoying to turn. But are you sure that any ship in this game can outrun a Fletcher's torret traverse?