You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Brendoonigan

How best to talk to WG about rewards?

30 comments in this topic

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Hmmm, Now I don't want this to be another whining/rant thread, so apologies if I word this poorly, as this is not meant to be a rant, it is also not for or against the Anime ship rewards. (So if you're going to respond, please don't make it into one).

Anyway, as per other threads I've responded to regarding ARP rewards I don't have any issue with them as rewards, however how do we get WG Asia to look at other ship rewards?

Over the last couple of months all of the regions have had ARP missions so no issue at all there. That's fair and no one can complain they're not being given the opportunity to work towards one of these ships. However NA has had a Mikasa give away (unsure of the captains level) and at the moment the EU has the RN Campbelton  plus a 12 point captain to boot. (unsure if RU has had one over the last 3-4 months.

Anyway this is the current reward for EU, it's pretty sweet.

The Royal Navy is slowly getting ready to weigh anchor. Get ready for Her Majesty's Ships by taking part in the event and win a skilled commander and a ship! Throughout the whole month of September, you will be ruling the waves in a special chain of missions, lead up to the ultimate reward. 

HMS Campbeltown, Tier III Premium British destroyer together with a 12-skill-point commander at your command. Get ready for the incoming fleet of Royal Navy Cruisers!

a84283dc-ec4a-11e5-a7e8-ac162d8bc1e4_120

1 September - 1 October: Rule the Waves!

These Missions will be available in the game from 1 September at 07:10 CEST until 1 October at 07:10 CEST.

Mission: Rule the Waves - Part 1

Restrictions:
  • Random battles, Team battles, Ranked battles
  • Once per account
  • Any ship Tier III or higher
Conditions - Over any amount of battles:
  • Earn 50,000 base XP
Rewards - Once finished, you will receive:
  • 1,000,000 Credits

Mission: Rule the Waves - Part 2

Restrictions:
  • Random battles, Team battles, Ranked battles
  • Once per account
  • Any ship Tier IV or higher
  • Mission Part 1
Conditions - Over any amount of battles:
  • Deal 2,000,000 points of damage to enemy ships
Rewards - Once finished, you will get:
  • 15 Damage Control Party II
  • 15 Sierra-Mike Signals

Mission: Rule the Waves - Part 3

Restrictions:
  • Random, Team battles, Ranked battles
  • Once per account
  • Any ship Tier V or higher
  • Mission Part 2
Conditions - In a single battle:
  • Win a battle
  • Be among the top 3 XP earners in your team
Rewards - Once finished, you will get:
  • 15 Type "6" Camouflage pattern

In the event that you already have HMS Campbeltown in your Port, then you will receive Credits instead!

Now this is a fantastic reward and is usable by all players. How could any player complain about this, even if you never play the ship, you have a 12 point RN captain ready and rearing to go for those RN cruisers. You still have to do over 3 million damage to get her unlike the 3-400k for an anime ship here but that's still doable for most players.

So how do we get WG to start looking at all of there playing population here in Asia and issue rewards that suit everyone. Again no issue with ARP stuff however why can't they spread the love to all the player base here as well. Is it a case of us having to fill the forum with complaints, hate posts, etc just like the EU/NA forums do, or is it a case of us having to go directly to WG?

Now before people start getting replying over how every server is different with different marketing departments I do not believe that this is a fair argument. We all know each server is different, yet the other servers seem to have rewards which are better aimed towards the greater playing base. Not just those who love the anime ships. Yes we can get a T10 Anime captain usable in any ARP vessel, and yes do get credits, even some flag rewards, however if you looked at the proportion of Anime/ARP ships played vs non Anime/ARP ships played I imagine the % would be extremely small. It would be extremely interesting to see the amount of reward ships issued vs how often they're played by those players as I imagine the amount would be extremely low.

My thoughts are, what would you rather have, a tier 5 ARP Kongo with a tier 10 anime captain, or a tier 3 premium RN cruiser with a 12 point captain who you can then retrain in any RN cruiser. I for one would easily take an actual premium vessel over an anime one, not because I don't like anime ships (which is wrong, I just don't have the time to actually play them as when I play, it's for maximum return on a line being grinded), but even though the Campbelton is a lower tier, it is still an infinitely better reward (IMHO), simply because you get to train RN captains in her vs the Anime ship which can't train anything.  

This may well be a business decision where they are unable to issue any non ARP ships as reward ships owing to a contract they have here in SEA, however if the other areas have the ability to issue the low tiered ships as giveaways then it seems to defeat this argument.

My biggest concern is that frankly they simply don't care but I'm hoping that this is not the case. So does anyone have any ideas how we can talk to WG over it to make it fair for everyone in a professional, non-attitudinal way? By all means keep the ARP ships coming for those who love them but add the occasional reward which also suits everyone. I'm happy to go directly to WG over it if required, however I feel if it came from everyone it would be a much stronger voice.

Suggestions?

Ensign

205 posts
5,305 battles

+1

As to other reward ship missions, we missed the Tachibana, Mikasa, and god knows what else. These are all low tier ships, but hey, some players like to collect ships.

Hint: Perhaps next time don't mention anything about ARP missions otherwise this thread might go sideways and go off topic.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

It's a contract WG has to uphold.

Think of it like this:

If WG upholds said contract and also introduces premium ship missions, imagine the chaos that would ensue over in the NA/EU server about how AS gets so many ship missions.

Now my assumption is, because NA has a delayed release for Arp missions, maybe, just maybe, our supposed prem ship missions were delayed in favor or Arpies and we'll get them in due time.

I mean... There's literally a Q&A thread

One catch.

It's been unanswered for over 3 months now. Speculations about whatever topic broke through the ceiling because of this.

We've been ditched.

Edited by Stein_Grenadier

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

How best to talk about it? Simple,

a. Don't like it? go to EU then? Hate this rant? You deserve it.
b. Campaign over it on RU forum/Minsk head office.

c. Start a sign event over change.org and pass it to WG.

your whole wall of passage STILL sounds like a rant, just same as everyone else who cries about unfair reward. no matter how much nice vocabulary you wrap onto it, the essence is still there.

Btw, I don't particularly like ARP or honestly, most anime (I don't mind its existence though), but I enjoy the mission.

And finally, I am just bored enough to reply you.

Edited by spixys

507 posts
9,828 battles

People like me will just shut our mouths before the weaboo onslaught of "hide your garage", "move to NA" or "its free" start.

your whole wall of passage STILL sounds like a rant, just same as everyone else who cries about unfair reward. no matter how much nice vocabulary you wrap onto it, the essence is still there.

Btw, I don't particularly like ARP or honestly, most anime (I don't mind its existence though), but I enjoy the mission.

:facepalm:

525 posts
7,946 battles

Btw, I don't particularly like ARP or honestly, most anime (I don't mind its existence though), but I enjoView Posty the mission.

that was quick:facepalm:

Edited by Skooma

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

2 million damage 50k base exp, for just "that"??
I would fire you if you are my worker

Arp ships sound much bettter along with 12 point Captains, a ship that cost millions, then free port slot and millions credit if done again

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

+1

As to other reward ship missions, we missed the Tachibana, Mikasa, and god knows what else. These are all low tier ships, but hey, some players like to collect ships.

Hint: Perhaps next time don't mention anything about ARP missions otherwise this thread might go sideways and go off topic.

What do you mean by missing them, I have them and those were not reward ship in asia, those were in premium store. I used $ to get them.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

It's a contract WG has to uphold.

Think of it like this:

If WG upholds said contract and also introduces premium ship missions, imagine the chaos that would ensue over in the NA/EU server about how AS gets so many ship missions.

Now my assumption is, because NA has a delayed release for Arp missions, maybe, just maybe, our supposed prem ship missions were delayed in favor or Arpies and we'll get them in due time.

I mean... There's literally a Q&A thread

One catch.

It's been unanswered for over 3 months now. Speculations about whatever topic broke through the ceiling because of this.

We've been ditched.

​I'm pretty positive they do as well, however I find it hard to fathom that it's that exclusive that they can't release fit in there own product as well. One option though could be that they only have it for a set time frame so are trying to release them all before it runs out. The flip side of it though is that not everyone wants them, so they're only catering to one part of there customer base. From your normal business point of view this would be deemed to be a bad business practice, however this is not your standard industry and what would work well in most industries doesn't necessarily work in the pixelated industry.

As for the Q&A section, any ideas who we need to talk to about this?  Maybe Moderators may be able to help us on it as that is really disappointing to hear. Maybe I need to learn how to speak/write in Russian, lol....

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

What do you mean by missing them, I have them and those were not reward ship in asia, those were in premium store. I used $ to get

They were all give away reward ships on other servers. If you already had them you were given gold as the rewards plus a new captain etc.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

2 million damage 50k base exp, for just "that"??

I would fire you if you are my worker

Arp ships sound much bettter along with 12 point Captains, a ship that cost millions, then free port slot and millions credit if done again

I love these missions, specially because once you have them next time you get huge credits. And the rewards for intermediate stages are also nice.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

who is to say that we will not be having a comp/event similar to the other servers in the near future, as to the other ships, those where made available in the store for us, and at a good price (which is why I have them), NA and EU didn't get them, or only got 1 or 2 of them (and at a higher price)

These events people "rant" about are organised 3 months in advance by WGHQ, include our ARP missions. Our time will come when it comes.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

They were all give away reward ships on other servers. If you already had them you were given gold as the rewards plus a new captain etc.

The thing is, I bought them willingly, so if they give missions where they give me doubloons for having them, I'm all for it, if they don't I don't think I hold any ground to complain about it.

753 posts
8,965 battles

who is to say that we will not be having a comp/event similar to the other servers in the near future, as to the other ships, those where made available in the store for us, and at a good price (which is why I have them), NA and EU didn't get them, or only got 1 or 2 of them (and at a higher price)

These events people "rant" about are organised 3 months in advance by WGHQ, include our ARP missions. Our time will come when it comes.

Well a 12 point commander before the release of RN cruisers would be beneficial, after the release would be kind of pointless although I'd still welcome it.

205 posts
5,305 battles

What do you mean by missing them, I have them and those were not reward ship in asia, those were in premium store. I used $ to get them.

I mean missing the missions to get them as reward ships.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Hi Leng, we can but hope they'll do it here, but when others get premium ships as giveaways/rewards it doesn't matter if we get them at a cheaper price than what they would as they're still getting them for free. Maybe though this is SEA's issue, because the ships do sell well here, it works against them offering them as rewards.  

I totally agree with you on the time frame though for there releases as they would be assessed/finalised months in advance and under no circumstances could we expect overnight changes, however from a companies point of view, if you stop listening to all of your customer base your business will go backwards. So how do we, there customer let them know our thoughts and opinions when we can't actually talk to them. Especially when they don't give us the capability to talk to them. 

For instance I have 2 other games and both have different ways to communicate with there customer base. The first is through twitter, regular updates on what's going on, developing wise etc, as well as there forum (very similar to this forum) which has there developers and support staff responding to forum posts and any questions (if required). The other one has a completely different approach because whilst they do have a forum they look after, you can also find yourself talking live to there game designers, graphic designers, play testers (community contributors), even the CEO if you're in chat when they're on (and this is amazingly a regular occurrence). They answer all sorts of questions, give out small rewards (free codes to all etc), and I've never once seen anything negative said towards them by any player, in general they actively listen to there client base, give players tips etc. That being said I know it's impossible for WG to do this as there is no global chat, however it would be nice for them to give us some means to actually communicate with them or get some acknowledgement that they are listening to us.  

Weren't the release dates, promotions etc done at a local level, as you're saying that WGHQ has actual say on release dates etc, or has it changed? Or do you mean they give the dates for the handover to the local areas server, for them to work out final dates?

I don't know, maybe I'm wasting my time but constructive conversations can only improve the game.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

The thing is, I bought them willingly, so if they give missions where they give me doubloons for having them, I'm all for it, if they don't I don't think I hold any ground to complain about it.

I agree, however if you've already brought it and they give it out as a reward on your server, they've always given gold to the same value which shows they do care about these customers as well. 

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Hey, you made a post stating facts so it must be a rant! (sarcasm).

Anyways, I hypothesis based on facts that WoWs Asia simply does not care anymore/as much compared to the other servers. Like I've said before, no moderator or supertester gave a logical reason on why we don't get high tier repair reduction (something that AFFECTS the gameplay), which leads me to believe there is no communication between WoWs Asia admins and their moderators/supertesters. This coupled with the fact that as your point states: we only get these ARP missions (which people who do not care about t5/7 do not benefit from) means that WG wishes to milk the remaining players, making them suffer more to achieve high tiers. This is evident from our events giving a small 1.2x exp boost which happens every month. NA and EU get 100% exp every single week as well as 2x exp boost repeatable. However, the BIGGEST EVIDENCE that WoWs Asia does not care is the fact that we STILL do not have patch 5.10.1 coupled with my earlier fact that we did not receive a single month of a reduction to high tier repair costs.

Don't let the people who give no valuable feedback or complaints deter you OP.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Hey, you made a post stating facts so it must be a rant! (sarcasm).

Anyways, I hypothesis based on facts that WoWs Asia simply does not care anymore/as much compared to the other servers. Like I've said before, no moderator or supertester gave a logical reason on why we don't get high tier repair reduction (something that AFFECTS the gameplay), which leads me to believe there is no communication between WoWs Asia admins and their moderators/supertesters. This coupled with the fact that as your point states: we only get these ARP missions (which people who do not care about t5/7 do not benefit from) means that WG wishes to milk the remaining players, making them suffer more to achieve high tiers. This is evident from our events giving a small 1.2x exp boost which happens every month. NA and EU get 100% exp every single week as well as 2x exp boost repeatable. However, the BIGGEST EVIDENCE that WoWs Asia does not care is the fact that we STILL do not have patch 5.10.1 coupled with my earlier fact that we did not receive a single month of a reduction to high tier repair costs.

Don't let the people who give no valuable feedback or complaints deter you OP.

I'm sorry to say, but your response seems more like "It's all about me". If the rest of the server population can bear with the repair costs, why do you keep complaining about it? I see this is equal for everyone playing in asia server, not like WG is charging you with more repair cost specifically. I am not defending WG or anything, but honestly, if you do not like it here you can just play there and you can see they have lot more complain about their servers too. And what is the reason behind the eagerness to new patch, we all can wait a few days. This is no biggy.

Are you one of those super serious elitist? Or are you only one who plays high tier in asia server. I wouldnt know cause I am none of these two types.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

I'm sorry to say, but your response seems more like "It's all about me". If the rest of the server population can bear with the repair costs, why do you keep complaining about it? I see this is equal for everyone playing in asia server, not like WG is charging you with more repair cost specifically. I am not defending WG or anything, but honestly, if you do not like it here you can just play there and you can see they have lot more complain about their servers too. And what is the reason behind the eagerness to new patch, we all can wait a few days. This is no biggy.

Are you one of those super serious elitist? Or are you only one who plays high tier in asia server. I wouldnt know cause I am none of these two types.

How is it all about me when this affects everyone? Again like my first post in this thread, is stating facts complaining? Is simply arguing for the fact that because there are different servers on the SAME game, there should not be equality? You may be fine with receiving a cupcake while everyone else receives a wedding cake but I don't think that is justice.

I simply wish for the best for this game which I love but playing since open beta, the direction of this game, I can assure you, is going downhill.