You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BanditSE1977

Konig Albert possibly on the way for 0.5.11

13 comments in this topic

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

When I first saw her in the game I thought she might be alright to get but after my few rounds with Nassau I thing I'm going to skip her

she is a bit more then a Nassau, trust me, she was fun to test on.

Looks like NA is the first server to get the Prem Tech Tree change, we should get one soon, probably after patch 0.5.11 is done with.

556 posts
8,197 battles

she is a bit more then a Nassau, trust me, she was fun to test on.

Looks like NA is the first server to get the Prem Tech Tree change, we should get one soon, probably after patch 0.5.11 is done with.

Is she better or about the same?

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Kaiser A hull at T3.

LittleWhiteMouse on the NA forum did a review and comparison with the Kaiser:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/93536-premium-ship-review-konig-albert/#topmost

A quick summary of the differences from there ( Konig compared to A hull Kaiser ):

As sister ships, one would expect the two vessels to be quite similar. The potential differences are rendered largely irrelevant by the ahistorical layout of the Kaiser in World of Warships.  Her build seems to be based around a fictional 1920s / 1930s refit.  None of the Kaiser-class ships survived past their scuttling in 1919. 

Here's a summary of the differences between the stock tier 4 ship and the tier 3 König Albert.
  The stock Kaiser is superior to the König Albert in the following:

• She has 3% better torpedo protection.
  • She reloads 4s faster.
  • The Kaiser out-ranges the König Albert by 2.5km.
  • Her secondaries have 500m more range.
  • The Kaiser has more AA at a combined 24dps and at longer range of 3.5km.
  • She's 1.3 knots faster.

The König Albert is superior to the stock Kaiser in the following:

• She has 400 more hit points.
  • She has 8 additional 88mm rifles.
  • Her rudder shift time is 6.2s faster.
  • The König Albert has better concealment; a 2.7km advantage.

The ships are otherwise identical in performance. Once you upgrade the Kaiser, the differences become even more pronounced, with more speed, more range, better gun performance, etc.

I would say if you can play the Kaiser well,then it should be no problem making the Konig Albert work at T3.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Got it on my NA account,it rocks! My first ( and so far best battle! ) was a 84k damage one.

Admittedly though,it was mainly due to a T4 Ishizuchi that decided to totally ignore me....despite me being literally only 3km from it while it keep shooting a Myogi that was about 6km behind me! I just stayed full broadside and let my main and secondaries pummel him! Finished up hammering a South Carolina and Nassau.

If you like the Kaiser and can make it work,the Konig Albert is worth the buy.

Beta Tester
34 posts
1,943 battles

It is already available for sale in the NA server gift shop as a regular purchase for $15.61

With luck we should see it as a bundle on our server in six months, probably for $30+

Wargaming Asia, making our game an exercise in frustration. Want to get sad, go have a look at the NA, EU and RU premium shops, 22, 17 and 21 ships repectively, while we have 5.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

With luck we should see it as a bundle on our server in six months, probably for $30+

might want to double check your facts on the pricing there, EVERY premium we've had for sale has been cheaper than the other clusters

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

might want to double check your facts on the pricing there, EVERY premium we've had for sale has been cheaper than the other clusters

......................and about three weeks later than anyone else....................................

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

......................and about three weeks later than anyone else....................................

But..but..but......cheaper! :D
Edited by BanditSE1977