You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

Prinz Eugen. MEH premium ship.

168 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i was hopping Prinz Eugene is going to be a unique premium ship, but it turns out that she's just a clone of hipper.

on the bright side, it saves me money for other stuff.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Quoting Flamu's Reddit post:

You know the ship is underwhelming when you pick the shortest gameplay you have on it and still struggle to fill that space with an informative commentary. TL;DW Admiral Hipper clone.

edit: Not sure if this is a knee-jerk reaction from WG or something but apparently there's going to be changes to it before the release;

Permanent camo and additional +50% commander XP bonus will be added. Thus it will be the first premium ship with enhanced commander training ability. And it’s rather demanded due to recent German BB release.

Eugen will also have alternative permanent camo, which will be sold separately. There is an idea to give an alternative +10% credits earned bonus to this camo. This way Eugen will ‘farm’ more credits than Tirpitz. The alternate camo costs 2,000 doubloons.

Doesn't change how the ship plays but makes it more attractive in the eyes of the customers.

So it'll probably get perma camo(s) with unique bonuses.. But yeah, at its current state, its just a premium Hipper, nothing more

It wasn't even inline with WG's statement that premium ships should be 'unique'

Even Scharnhorst/Gneisenau & Bismarck/Tirpitz had their own unique differences, why Prinz/Hipper doesn't?

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Lol, just watched Jammin 411 citadel an Izumo with her at max range... He then spent the next few minutes dumbfounded by it as he just couldn't believe it. She appears to be basically another AA cruiser, so probably a waste of time if you have a Hipper already. 

Yet to hear anything from a you tuber say anything other than save your money, but who knows maybe they'll make enough changes to make her unique.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Wat how did this NDA get lifted so quickly

Because the ship has already completed it's testing cycle. Currently has a new camo to be tested, but that is being done on the Public Test Server.

Oh, If you use the new camo, you earn more credits then a Tirpitz.........and thats her unique capability

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Because the ship has already completed it's testing cycle. Currently has a new camo to be tested, but that is being done on the Public Test Server.

Oh, If you use the new camo, you earn more credits then a Tirpitz.........and thats her unique capability

Meh. Much rather go around kicking ass with Atago and NC instead

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

But that makes no sense if you buy the PE then have to buy another camouflage scheme to make it unique. Besides the Tirpitz has endurance whilst this has no staying power. 

Its no different than getting a Bismark or any other ship with the special camouflage for 2k gold. Seems like they haven't even tried to make a go of her. 

I guess she's going to be sold at a discounted price as definitely not worth anything more than the camo. Ie a hipper plus special camo.

O well never mind. 

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I guess she's going to be sold at a discounted price as definitely not worth anything more than the camo. Ie a hipper plus special camo.

No, it's a premium Hipper that already earns more than a regular Hipper with the option to increase its earnings even higher.

If it costs the same or less than MK, its total base cost with additional camo would be 12.25k dubloons, which is 250 dubloons less than Tirpitz. So you can get higher credit earning than Tirpitz for a slightly cheaper cost.

If it costs more than MK, then yeah, I'd rather stick with the +50% commander XP camo (which is what I'd do regardless, because I already have a Tirpitz and don't really need more credits).

IMO, the +50% commander XP is what makes her worth the buy, not the option to earn more credits.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

OMG easy solution - either give the heal like the Atago (won't reasons  = German???) Or give it radar

The history for this ship alone deserves better.

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

So it's an extra $10 AUD to the price to unlock her "unique" feature which is camo giving extra 10% credits per battle?. So her cost will be approximately $40-50 AUD + $10 AUD for the secret weapon....camo....

Being tier 8, devs do understand she will see a lot of tier 9 and 10 battles, right?.

And that only damage = credits, right?. 

obvious nerfs to credits per battle incoming is obvious. They did it with WoT, making the game so unfun it wasn't worth playing 100's of battles in a tier 8 premium to have the privilege of playing a few tier 10 battles, after spending so much real time and real money getting to tier 10 in the first place!.

The prinz eugen is going to be a must have ship.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

So it's an extra $10 AUD to the price to unlock her "unique" feature which is camo giving extra 10% credits per battle?

You don't have to pay extra for the other feature, which is +50% commander XP. You don't have to pay extra for the other camo if you don't want it.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

You can see where a lot of Hindenburg's design cues came from. As nice as Prinz Eugen is aesthetically, I still prefer Admiral Hipper.

Here's the two camouflage options (from Aerroon's video):

aRAdFYl.jpg

Sj2wzBK.jpg

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

You can see where a lot of Hindenburg's design cues came from. As nice as Prinz Eugen is aesthetically, I still prefer Admiral Hipper.

Here's the two camouflage options (from Aerroon's video):

Sj2wzBK.jpg

At least the second one is historically accurate !!! 

As seen at Korsfjord 21 May 1941 prior to leaving with Bismarck 

The first one - PLEASE No - LOL

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Beta Tester
7 posts
5,037 battles

Umm, so after we purchase Prinz Eugen, is both of the additional camouflage need to be purchased as well? 

or one of the additional camouflage will come along with the ship? The basic one look clean but plain or maybe I got it wrong and it wasn't a camouflage at all.

556 posts
8,197 battles

At least the second one is historically accurate !!! 

As seen at Korsfjord 21 May 1941 prior to leaving with Bismarck 

The first one - PLEASE No - LOL

The HELL do you mean 'please no.' The first one looks awesome.

Unless you're being sarcastic

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Umm, so after we purchase Prinz Eugen, is both of the additional camouflage need to be purchased as well? 

or one of the additional camouflage will come along with the ship? The basic one look clean but plain or maybe I got it wrong and it wasn't a camouflage at all.

Both camo's come with her, one for credit farming, the other for XP farming

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Oh please.

These early reviews are like: 

"Okay, but probably not worth it."

Then it gets released and everyone goes:

"OMG THIS IS A GOOD SHIP1!!"

---

Can you lads not make assumptions so soon based on someone else's opinion? You're the ones driving it, not them.

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

I don't think players who buy it are going to care whether its a buffed/unchanged/nerfed Hipper.It will sell most likely on its name or for being a premium Hipper they can earn more XP/credits with.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Oh please.

These early reviews are like: 

"Okay, but probably not worth it."

Then it gets released and everyone goes:

"OMG THIS IS A GOOD SHIP1!!"

---

Can you lads not make assumptions so soon based on someone else's opinion? You're the ones driving it, not them.

Good example

Dunkerque