You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Dunkerue released

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Can anyone recommend her? I have the Arizona and I love the ship, but considering getting the Dunkerque as the opposite to spice things up with speed and shell spamming instead of armour and tankiness of the Arizona

Beta Tester
65 posts
6,461 battles

Can anyone recommend her? I have the Arizona and I love the ship, but considering getting the Dunkerque as the opposite to spice things up with speed and shell spamming instead of armour and tankiness of the Arizona

Love it so far in the few games that I had so far. Best to watch youtube for tips on how to use it though. It's not played the same as the other battleships.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

please player

this is a Battlecruiser

not battleship

So don;t Freaking Charge to the cap just because it looks like Izumo

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

I cant honestly say I like it, yet. It has 330mm guns (not 406mm), and they are not particularly hard hitting. Good flat ballistics though. Easy to get hits. Similar to Scharnhorst, but with the turret set up, and no torpedoes, its not in the same league. The blurb also said "Quickest reload time of any tier 6 bb." It has 30 sec reload. Im not sure exactly how that compares,  but I was expecting maybe 25 secs. I can't say I am much of a fan of the gun layout. I hated the Izumo, but so does everyone I gather. So why buy it? First French ship. Collector - $30, less than the ribs I ordered at the same time. Maybe the start of French line that will need a grinder (Plenty of French ships in WW2). As I see it, and the trouble I found, (only 3 missions) The forward 8 guns suggest forward movement towards enemy. But you DO NOT want to get in close. No torps, no real secondaries worthy of the name. So with DD about, you cant just head toward enemy. And It cant fight them off. I ended up fighting by angling ship AWAY from enemy, and firing towards my rear. As I pointed out, early days, but killed 3 times IN PVE in 3 games. In one enemy CV had a hard on for me, and nobody else. Very little damage given level. Still it looks nice.