You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Should noob be a banned word?

157 comments in this topic

2,222 posts
13,712 battles

Essentially noob is most often used as a derogatory term. It is disparaging for the team. Shouldn't it be starred out in chat on those grounds? I can understand its use in the forum, although I'm certain there are much better ways of explaining yourself.

525 posts
7,946 battles

They should just remove censoring stuff, it's sometimes messes with chat, for example if i wanna say "essex, run" it will be shown as "es*** run"

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

They should just remove censoring stuff, it's sometimes messes with chat, for example if i wanna say "essex, run" it will be shown as "es*** run"

I just hate when that happens... I can't help it that it censors my sensible chat 

2,222 posts
13,712 battles

Seems a bit precious. Do you know what physically happens when you are offended?

Nothing. Nothing happens.

Surely it is more precious to take the time to insult your team because you are unhappy with the current state of play? Taking the time out to voice that opinion instead of offering constructive advice is a total waste of time and effort. They feel offended and want someone else to share in their feelings of angst. So precious is the person who initiates the noob slinging. However to say nothing happens is incorrect imho. By that logic advertising would be a waste of time.

2,222 posts
13,712 battles

Yup. Good point. Happens to us all. Sadly I can understand how monitoring all reports would be unrealistic. So auto censoring kind of needs to be there I think.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

Jesus H Christ.   Is this server so completely full of soft skinned cry babies that we have to ban everything?

jGeqO8K.jpg

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

525 posts
7,946 battles

Jesus J Christ.   Is this server so completely full of soft skinned cry babies that we have to ban everything.

jGeqO8K.jpg

BlZU33.jpg

I'm afraid this will happen eventually if everything is banned.

2,222 posts
13,712 battles

Jesus H Christ.   Is this server so completely full of soft skinned cry babies that we have to ban everything?

jGeqO8K.jpg

As I said.... It is the princess who flings the insult in the first place. So get it right.

2,222 posts
13,712 battles

BlZU33.jpg

I'm afraid this will happen eventually if everything is banned.

So just to be clear... Your definition of fun is insulting strangers when you are unhappy with the game?

525 posts
7,946 battles

So just to be clear... Your definition of fun is insulting strangers when you are unhappy with the game?

Sometimes.....

Just the one who did something mind bogglingly stupid, i behave way more different in game than here in forum

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

Its not fun, but why is society so hell bent of making everything so PC and sugarcoat everything.

Life is sometimes unfair.  Things go wrong.  People say bad things.   Protecting people from everything does nothing.

525 posts
7,946 battles

Its not fun, but why is society so hell bent of making everything so PC and sugarcoat everything.

Life is sometimes unfair.  Things go wrong.  People say bad things.   Protecting people from everything does nothing.

It even counter productive in my opinion, people got insulted by everything these days

2,222 posts
13,712 battles

Essentially I agree. PC has taken it too far. PC has removed non-derogatory speech from acceptable use. I have no problems with derogatory speech not being given a free reign though. Too much time is wasted mud slinging. If a country can't be shortened because it's apparently offensive even when used in a non-derogatory manner, then why would you allow something when it is used in a derogatory manner? 

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
399 posts
14,987 battles

The line is drawn at hate speech. "Noob" is hardly that. It's not harmful it's just fishing for a reaction.

1,162 posts

Rather than ban the words, I would rather see the system will detect the bad words and auto-translate into something like nice and fluffy just to laugh it off. Something like that-FPS-MOBA-game have done.

let me join with you... :popcorn:

I can join too right? :popcorn:

2,222 posts
13,712 battles

The line is drawn at hate speech. "Noob" is hardly that. It's not harmful it's just fishing for a reaction.

I got caught. I can't help myself. It's something I will actively strive against. It's a bit like when people say "If I didn't do it someone else would" or "That's just the way it is". Both are typically fallacies. 
Edited by keskparane

525 posts
7,946 battles

Rather than ban the words, I would rather see the system will detect the bad words and auto-translate into something like nice and fluffy just to laugh it off. Something like that-FPS-MOBA-game have done.

I can join too right? :popcorn:

I would like to see that :teethhappy: would be pretty funny too