You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OraPits

BB Shells Matter

15 comments in this topic

220 posts
3,420 battles

I got sick of no hits then the long reload wait..so

This is what I do, a sort of cunning plan For AP shells

I fire off one salvo, let them float to see where they go, reline up in a moment and let them all go, since there is a pause to the next single shot to the main fire I then can carry on without delay. 

Second plan, now this is brilliant  For HE shells

Fire a shell every 2-3 seconds, this keeps the aim a lot better and you can scary the other guy as you are continually firing..they run away a lot faster and don't challenge as much.

Don't tell anyone and my hits have gone up through the sky

Edited by OraPits

220 posts
3,420 battles

what is ship you play?

I'm running through the German line to get the Bismark ..this works on any BB I'd say, it's for us that aren't so good at judging a ships speed at distance, as for "kick and hope and hope she blows up" , that's what some do, I got sick of that My way gets me more accurate and Cits a lot more.

I'm not saying there's a right / wrong way but this is my way as Elvis said.

I'm at the Konig a the moment

220 posts
3,420 battles

The down side of firing test shot is the unsuspecting victim might turn and run away while your definitive salvo is on the way. But yeah, that's one of ways though. :)

You are so right They do, and it does lose the surprise Salvo, there's always a bad compromise in the most cunning of plans, if a plan was completely 100% cunning that worked it wouldn't be a cunning plan anymore it would be a normal tactic :)

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

For any ship that is equipped with torps you can use '3' to judge a ships speed. Makes it handy if they are slow or reversing at long range.

Handy to use on KM CA line, Tirpitz etc

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Sometimes when I fire trial shots I get citadels, but when I actually put in effort to aim and fire the rest of the salvo nothing hits ._.

173 posts
5,332 battles

I fire off one salvo, let them float to see where they go, reline up in a moment and let them all go, since there is a pause to the next single shot to the main fire I then can carry on without delay. 

Fire a shell every 2-3 seconds, this keeps the aim a lot better and you can scary the other guy as you are continually firing..they run away a lot faster and don't challenge as much.

Just wait till you get to the Bayern. The dispersion and shell velocity will not help you. I fare better at the Konig than the Bayern

However, why don't you try sequential firing? Sequential firing gets me at least 1 citadel or more on my New York rather than firing a full salvo. Maybe you should try it. Strange, but it works.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Just wait till you get to the Bayern. The dispersion and shell velocity will not help you. I fare better at the Konig than the Bayern

However, why don't you try sequential firing? Sequential firing gets me at least 1 citadel or more on my New York rather than firing a full salvo. Maybe you should try it. Strange, but it works.

I will try that, thanking you

Yes that Bayern, I suppose we have to go through the rubbish to get to the good stuff, It'll be 50 days of hell getting the XP up to move past

My 1st Battle with the Konig, well never hit a thing and dead well before my time. Now sometimes I'm in the 200,000, it makes for a happy day

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
402 posts
15,022 battles

The placebo effect.

Edited by Bex_o7

Super Tester
7,571 posts
8,001 battles

It's best to shoot at ships that aren't shooting/ looking at you, they won't see the shells inbound until it's too late to turn.

Apparently most of them do notice the salvo.

To OP, you know the best way to ensure your shells will hit?

QUIT STAYING AT 18 KM and be brave. You fight at 10Km, your shots wont miss, not even on DDs.

313 posts
10,074 battles

As an above average superdreadnought player, i would say your plan is too complicated. Just shoot a AP salvo bro!!

In case that the enemy cruiser is very willing to dodge beyond 15km and he keeps shooting HE at you,

fire one turret, wait for his turning, then fire salvo to where he is turning.