LunaticRed

SEA server and why it's horrible.

94 comments in this topic

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Unfortunately for me and a few others, we started off in this SEA server. This server is unfortunately, the WORST server to play on and I will tell you why.

1. Every single person runs AS loadout

I played 31 games today to complete my ARP missions and I witnessed only 2 strike loadouts out of about 25 games with a CV. I have no clue why everyone on this server wants to play such a redundant role of being useless. This promotes a defensive play which absolutely accomplishes nothing. Playing reactionary in CV does not win games nor does it help your team.

2. Events

We have gotten to the point where they are outright recycling the ARP boats and captains. Not only this but the rewards for completing these missions are absolutely horrendous. It has been what, 6 months? And the best captain they've given us is a 12 point captain. EU got a 16 (Sixteen) point captain for their 2nd mission.

Not only this but I've played around 2200 games including ranked. I only have 1 17point captain and 2 15 point captains. The grind is outright ridiculous with repeatable events giving 1.2x exp/captain exp. Sure we are not NA but look at this. NA gets 2x exp first wins or a 1.5x exp/ 2x captain. NA gets events which are not just ARP missions. I started an account on NA called Unryuu_Kai and in 200 games, I already got a Taiho and a 10 point captain and a 16 point one. I only have 2 T9s and a T10 on SEA. This is just how horrible SEA is compared to other servers. EU right now got an event to gain 50k exp and they receive 1M. Our event's max rewards are 400k.

3. High Tier gameplay + Nationality gameplay
If you have been living under a rock, IJN DDs are now absolute trash. Go look at the statistics, I'm not bothered explaining. SEA is filled with IJN DDs and more often than not, they are dead weight. Not only this, SEA's players simply do nothing in high tier but loiter around and snipe. I do not blame them but again, SEA was the ONLY server to not receive the high tier reduction in repairs. And please don't give me an excuse like "oh we're the control group". We haven't even received 5.10.1 yet while NA has already received it a week ago.

Don't get me started on contests too. NA gets contests where they give away premium ships and 2k+ doubloons. SEA? A measly 1000 doubloons for first place! It would make sense if NA had more players but as far as I'm concerned; both servers have the same amount of players at peak time.

TLDR: SEA server sucks and nothing is being done to fix it.

Edited by LunaticRed

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,382 battles

Unfortunately for me and a few others, we started off in this SEA server. This server is unfortunately  the WORST server to play on and I will tell you why.

isnt air superiority good :l

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,382 battles

AS is the best loadout apparently op asking for strike loadout which will lose the game in most cases

Does this mean goodbye?

I mean, you did imply that the grass is greener on the other lawn.

Again, people always been saying US/EU have good event, RU have good players, I quit SEA!!

Then what? Still ended staying here...

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,986 battles

isnt air superiority good :l

Having control of the air in itself is a good thing, but if I gain it while losing the game (unsunk enemy ships), I do not see it as worth it.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,382 battles

Having control of the air in itself is a good thing, but if I gain it while losing the game (unsunk enemy ships), I do not see it as worth it.

Atleast you have the sky, I am sure when you don't own it, the game will be much worse. I think in this case, CV is not the one to blame.
Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,986 battles

Atleast you have the sky, I am sure when you don't own it, the game will be much worse. I think in this case, CV is not the one to blame.

Well, yes. Part of the reason that I do not run AS often is that I cannot carry a losing team as much as if I were to run a strike loadout.

The other part is that in the time it could have taken me to take the air, I could have assisted in surface warfare instead (a big assumption of this is that my strikes will not be stopped and/or that my surface assistance will be "more" than what the enemy CV does).

Also, beating the enemy team up using a strike loadout while facing an AS loadout is very satisfying.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Does this mean goodbye?

I mean, you did imply that the grass is greener on the other lawn.

Because its fertilized with BS

On a more serious note to OP, if you do find the work play condition here to be hazardous, the exit is right this way, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

For the rest of us that doesn't have decent internet, Poi's to spam (is this still a thing?), cheaper premiums and complete ARP botes collection, we're staying at SEA

[SB]
116 posts
12,420 battles

Unfortunately for me and a few others, we started off in this SEA server. This server is unfortunately, the WORST server to play on and I will tell you why.

I played 31 games today to complete my ARP missions and I witnessed only 2 strike loadouts out of about 25 games with a CV. I have no clue why everyone on this server wants to play such a redundant role of being useless. This promotes a defensive play which absolutely accomplishes nothing. Playing reactionary in CV does not win games nor does it help your team.

IMO, strike CVs are selfish $^@# who delude themselves that they help the team.

81 posts
2,934 battles

SEA players seem to be much better. NA is full of broad siding scrubs. Reason why your grinds take a lot longer is fantastic skilled enemy.:happy_cap:

now that i think of it. after watching all those videos from NA. maybe the real reason the sea chat is silent cause everyones busy doing wasd hax

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

2. Events

We have gotten to the point where they are outright recycling the ARP boats and captains. Not only this but the rewards for completing these missions are absolutely horrendous. It has been what, 6 months? And the best captain they've given us is a 12 point captain. EU got a 16 (Sixteen) point captain for their 2nd mission.

Not only this but I've played around 2200 games including ranked. I only have 1 17point captain and 2 15 point captains. The grind is outright ridiculous with repeatable events giving 1.2x exp/captain exp. Sure we are not NA but look at this. NA gets 2x exp first wins or a 1.5x exp/ 2x captain. NA gets events which are not just ARP missions. I started an account on NA called Unryuu_Kai and in 200 games, I already got a Taiho and a 10 point captain and a 16 point one. I only have 2 T9s and a T10 on SEA. This is just how horrible SEA is compared to other servers. EU right now got an event to gain 50k exp and they receive 1M. Our event's max rewards are 400k.

3. High Tier gameplay + Nationality gameplay

If you have been living under a rock, IJN DDs are now absolute trash. Go look at the statistics, I'm not bothered explaining. SEA is filled with IJN DDs and more often than not, they are dead weight. Not only this, SEA's players simply do nothing in high tier but loiter around and snipe. I do not blame them but again, SEA was the ONLY server to not receive the high tier reduction in repairs. And please don't give me an excuse like "oh we're the control group". We haven't even received 5.10.1 yet while NA has already received it a week ago.

Don't get me started on contests too. NA gets contests where they give away premium ships and 2k+ doubloons. SEA? A measly 1000 doubloons for first place! It would make sense if NA had more players but as far as I'm concerned; both servers have the same amount of players at peak time.

TLDR: SEA server sucks and nothing is being done to fix it.

On AS loadouts

AS loadouts give terrible exp, but don't conflate it with being absolutely useless. Maintaining air superiority is a really, really big key thing that wins games - it's why you see the majority of loadouts on ranked and team battles to be AS carriers. Having many fighters in the air and using them well means your allies are not going to be forced to break off due to enemy carrier attacks, and have greater map awareness because fighters can linger and exert map control in a way that strike aircraft can't. It's a thankless task, sure, and it doesn't earn much exp, but it IS a pretty critical role. Strike loadouts give you big damage numbers, sure, but it's inherently a more selfish way to play the game and has less utility to a team than a balanced or AS loadout. If you hop onto discord, you'll see quite a few NA and EU players who're jealous that Asia server players have people playing Air Superiority - because it's simply not fun if you're in a surface ship and waiting your turn to be deleted while the carriers on either team play their own, personal damage game.

Events

This is mostly a grass-greener situation. There's a lot of griping on discord, facebook and other platforms where players gather than Asia not only gets the ARP ships faster than other servers, but also has a lot better missions in general. We had a bunch of premium ship bonus exp missions too, and ongoing challenges/missions within the game client that are easy to accomplish and give solid rewards. Not to mention people have envied our premium shop for lower prices, better bundles, etc. Though not at the moment, since we have yet to get Dunkerque.

Fast-tiering up

If you started out here and then moved on to NA afterwards, its no surprise that you tiered up faster there, since you entered from the start with advanced gameplay knowledge, a good feel for how you play, and how you want to progress. Not to mention, amongst people I've talked to on discord at least, Asia server actually seems to play on a higher level than NA and EU - cruisers have better situational awareness and are broadside less often, and CV players support the team more instead of playing a damage race, as stated above. Though, battleship players on all servers appear to be the same, though. While yes, there's a communications barrier here, but the same barrier exists on EU (various European languages) and NA (English and Spanish). Not to mention that communication is no guarantee of cooperation - if you play on NA, you'll KNOW how it's like when someone suggests something and gets insults right back at them in chat. And that's part of why NA has a toxic player system ongoing to weed that out.

Premium ship and doubloon contests

We have a contest section. We hold contests regularly - Spotter, Leng, DMW, they've been running contests regularly for months. Lots of premium ship giveaways. It gets announced in port chat, on the portal, pinned to the top of the contests section. Massively low turnout, for some reason.

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

SEA players seem to be much better. NA is full of broad siding scrubs. Reason why your grinds take a lot longer is fantastic skilled enemy.:happy_cap:

Fast-tiering up

If you started out here and then moved on to NA afterwards, its no surprise that you tiered up faster there, since you entered from the start with advanced gameplay knowledge, a good feel for how you play, and how you want to progress. Not to mention, amongst people I've talked to on discord at least, Asia server actually seems to play on a higher level than NA and EU - cruisers have better situational awareness and are broadside less often, and CV players support the team more instead of playing a damage race, as stated above. Though, battleship players on all servers appear to be the same, though. While yes, there's a communications barrier here, but the same barrier exists on EU (various European languages) and NA (English and Spanish). Not to mention that communication is no guarantee of cooperation - if you play on NA, you'll KNOW how it's like when someone suggests something and gets insults right back at them in chat. And that's part of why NA has a toxic player system ongoing to weed that out.

Absolutely agree, keep it mind, our server has some of the most dedicated players with some most of the most dedicated gaming countries. 

Edited by Juan_23

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,303 battles

Poi's to spam (is this still a thing?)

Pretty less as of late, but still there; I guess? 

Every single person runs AS loadout

AS loadout is fun, try division; u will ruin opponent's lives at the cost of lower XP gained

High Tier gameplay + Nationality gameplay

At least ppl still plays it despite nerfs rather than bitch on it. 

The worst players in SEA at least have a basic idea of how to angle as well as positioning compared to NA/EU where broadside players can be spotted from miles away.

Please keep the doors closed while you do the leap of faith :popcorn:

[BOTES]
2 posts
1,682 battles

Can confirm: jumping servers (Returning to my CBT account and server) was the best thing that ever happened to my WoWS career fun

See: https://na.warships.today/player/1019905670/SlayMad

Unlike a lot of people I believe i can offer an unbiased perspective on the different servers, as I've played on all four AND the chinese server AND use the public test. I agree, SEA is the most skilled server. No-one has ever denied that, not OP, nor leddit, nor any other communities I've been in.

And my conclusion? OP is spot on. When I left this server high-tier was filled with bow-on Yamato memes divisioned with Zaos and 422 Hakuryus with floods of shimas and Anti-Air Fletchers of all things. Doesn't seem to have changed much, really. This server has some of the most consistently passive gameplay I've ever seen, and the community does not help. I can deal with multi-lingual chat (I'm multilingual) and community, but I cannot understand why people are trying to justify poor events, missions and rewards with a better ($3 cheaper) premium shop.

Strike loadouts give you big damage numbers, sure, but it's inherently a more selfish way to play the game and has less utility to a team than a balanced or AS loadout. If you hop onto discord, you'll see quite a few NA and EU players who're jealous that Asia server players have people playing Air Superiority - because it's simply not fun if you're in a surface ship and waiting your turn to be deleted while the carriers on either team play their own, personal damage game.

I find it ironic that people here are calling out OP for being toxic when I've been in the discord and seen nothing but groupthink and K**C***e spam. You didn't address the fundamental issue of Air Superiority not being in any way fun or engaging to play with or against. Yes it's necessary and I will play it in (IJN only) in organised battles, but it's boring as [content removed], and I'll do my team a better service by simply removing enemy ships (usually Destroyers)

Edit: typos and stuff

Profanity.  Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

*goes to play on NA server*

I think the NA players have never heard of torpedoes. What's the rush to broadside a destroyer that you've spotted? And what is this [content removed] that is the chat when someone gets detonated?

And that is why I play on the asia server, even though my general connectivity with the NA server is better.

Inappropriate (Cancer). Post edited. User sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

*goes to play on NA server*

I think the NA players have never heard of torpedoes. What's the rush to broadside a destroyer that you've spotted? And what is this [content removed] that is the chat when someone gets detonated?

And that is why I play on the asia server, even though my general connectivity with the NA server is better.

where do you live btw

Australia?

Quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

525 posts
7,946 battles

TBH i find every server is salty equally just that SEA has lesser players able to type in english

They salty in their own language, had some chinese player said some boxes to me, and another chinese player told me that guy was insulting me