You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Enough bloody ARP missions already

147 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Getting sick and tired of these copied/ARP ship missions. Give us something worthwhile, perhaps the opportunity to grind for a ship we don't already have.

Here's a suggestion

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/special-rulethewaves/

Just because we are stuck with the Asian server does not mean we are all fans of these bloody cartoon ships with little girls in short skirts.

Oh and just look at the reward amounts that they get, 15x while we get 5x over and over. Obviously players from different regions are able to see what the others get so I'm dumbfounded as to why WG keeps doing separate events. Keep them the same so as to avoid player frustration.

Edited by Trojan63

1,809 posts
8,014 battles

Getting sick and tired of these copied/ARP ship missions. Give us something worthwhile, perhaps the opportunity to grind for a ship we don't already have.

Here's a suggestion

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/special-rulethewaves/

Just because we are stuck with the Asian server does not mean we are all fans of these bloody cartoon ships with little girls in short skirts.

WoW Rude :trollface:

Expect any people to be TRIGGERED what you said

Good luck with that Rant :trollface:

753 posts
8,965 battles

so you DONT like the free port slots and credits?

I will still do the challenge as it is just that, but I'll never use the ship as the xp gained goes nowhere and it's not a free port slot as you cannot sell them.

I'd rather grind for something more useful and unique. 

Edited by Trojan63

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,091 battles

I've now got three of those shithouse boats.  I hate them.   What am I meant to do with three horribly coloured kongos that I cant even use to train crews or use without vomiting on the keyboard?

WG are kidding themselves when they refer to it as a ARP "challenge"   When you get three boats deliberately trying NOT to get them how is that a challenge.

As Trojan said.  Just make it stop for gods sake. 

753 posts
8,965 battles

it is, when you get the same ship twice, they will come with a free port slot

There's another point, who wants to grind for another useless ship that you already have just for the sake of saving 300 doubloons, not worth the effort imo.

1,809 posts
8,014 battles

Well a Hei is a kirishima is a haruna is a Kongo.  All the same.  All bloody useless.

I'll have to agree with this...

We need a new mission or a New Coop Mode (promised by WG) as a compensation to it

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,003 battles

I highly doubt that WG could make an event that would please everybody all the time so i don't have a hissy fit every time we get a new ARP mission. As it is i have a few free T7 CA's that i like to play on occasion and a kongo which is useful for whenever there is an IJN mission that crops up. And if i don't want to see them i turn the port off, that one is very difficult to do :trollface:

On a side note since you don't like the free T5-7 ships and 10-12pt Captains we have been getting what would you prefer we have ???

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

i dont care about the port slots or the either, it's to me just about the credits i get, i wish they would bring back a R mission, for a USN DD prem like a nicholas R or something

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,091 battles

What is the point f a 12 point captain that can't be used on any other ships?  I would be satisfied if at least one was a Norma l Kongo when not in the special port along with its captain being able to be used on ore inn ships.  I don't drive BB's generally and just won't even touch these ones.   The first got a few games.  The second got a couple, and this Haruna POS will never get used.   So what use are they?

1,809 posts
8,014 battles

What is the point f a 12 point captain that can't be used on any other ships?  I would be satisfied if at least one was a Norma l Kongo when not in the special port along with its captain being able to be used on ore inn ships.  I don't drive BB's generally and just won't even touch these ones.   The first got a few games.  The second got a couple, and this Haruna POS will never get used.   So what use are they?

Would be more fine if it's a Tier III Katori Premium

205 posts
5,305 battles

So much hate on this thread. Why you heff to be mad? It's only a game. 

You don't like a mission, don't do it. No one is forcing you to do anything. There are those of us who like the ARP mission for the ships (or if we already have the ships, then the extra port slots and credits).

On another note, the Damage Marathon missions appear a bit ... weird. So much damage to do PER MATCH? Must be a typo.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,003 battles

So WG would give us a free T3 premium or maybe a real ship every month or 2 then ??? Yeah i can really see that one happening. As a rare event i can see the Asian server getting a mission like that EU one soon considering the Russian & US server have had events like that recently with the Kryspy Cream & Mikasa.

As for me personally I Quite like the ARP ships and do occasionally play them, It also doesn't bother me that any ship XP isn't used for anything else since i have no interest in the IJN lines and if i really wanted to use that XP for something i can always convert it to Free XP. Some people like the premise and some people don't but for me i have some nice looking ships with some Captains whose Voices don't annoy me like some of the National flavour ones that have become an option to have now.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

a ship that can be buy with money is a premium ship

a ship that can only be achive by mission is limited....

for me, i prefer to get something that cant be bought by a mere money....

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

There's a reason why Asia gets all ARP boats earlier than other. The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few he-he.

this

people disliking arp ships is a relatively extreme (and very loudly vocal) minority here.

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,231 battles

It's the "Asia" server.

Anime is a big part of their popular culture.

Interestingly these don't appear on other servers.

As far as i know NA had the first challenges but they were largely ignored.

205 posts
5,305 battles

It's the "Asia" server.

Anime is a big part of their popular culture.

Interestingly these don't appear on other servers.

As far as i know NA had the first challenges but they were largely ignored.

All servers had the exact same mission for ARP Kongo and ARP Myoko the first time around. And, at the same time as well.

The NA server has its fair share of ARP fans. They did not have an ARP mission for six months, and the forum had to pin a thread as to when they could expect another one coz there were too many threads asking about it.

Warships Today shows that there have been a surprising (at least surprising to me) number of battles played using ARP ships on the NA server. So, they are not exactly unpopular.

Edited by Bunda369