You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

running WOWS from a laptop & portable internet dongle

23 comments in this topic

1,493 posts

Greetings

I am not sure if this is the right part of the forum to put this, if it isn't I'm sure a moderator will put it in the right location.....

If I were to run WOWS on a laptop Computer, with a mobile internet "dongle" (a thing supposed to plug in the side of your laptop to give you mobile internet anywhere, not a Wifi),

how much would the game use in bandwidth (download limit) per month??

assuming I play everyday for at least 2.5 hours (which usually I do), how many Gigs of bandwidth (download limit) would I need each month?

Not counting any updates, or any other useage... do not put this into the question....

just playing, how much would the game use?

thanks

Ordrazz

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

the game it self didnt take too much quota .. the updatess one is ..

based on yur post you can access wi-fi for updates right? so you only need to spare 2gb for WoWs...

on May, i was on assignment from my office to some remote area,,, with no wi-fi. i use my mobile phone and the 3gb quota is not used up even with playing 4 hours a day 

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

This game barely takes any data, it only sends tiny information like your camera angle, control input and I think that is it. Everything else is worked at the server then downloaded back to you. Tiny data used :)

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Playing on a macbook with relatively stable internet connection on my phone's hotspot, it varies from 6 to 10mb used per game, depending on how long the game is.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Playing on a macbook with relatively stable internet connection on my phone's hotspot, it varies from 6 to 10mb used per game, depending on how long the game is.

did using voice matter much on the data usage?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

5-10GB at minimum, and I'm using over 100GB every month

what?!

i had a month where i ran on 600mb of data and i still played almost ever day for 1-2 matches, i had 67mb left when the month ended

227 posts
2,651 battles

what?!

i had a month where i ran on 600mb of data and i still played almost ever day for 1-2 matches, i had 67mb left when the month ended

And I play max at 30+ match a day, plus the game updates (you can be struck by 2 big updates a month with WG's 3-week rapid update) so you will have some spare with those Data

1,493 posts

I can only play for about 2-3 hours before 

1 my eyes get sore

2 my brain gets sore so I make mistakes like putting WWWWW or EEEEEEE in the chat box

3 my playing starts to suck big time

4 I REALLY notice how much my team sucks

5 my body stiffens

6 my bum feels like a piece of wood

7 my neck starts hurting

8 my wrists start hurting

9 my fingers are locked into position

10 I CANT FEEL MY LEGS !!!

OH MY GOD !!!!;   *%^€&×÷@            Ahem

:playing:

Sorry, getting carried away

We can count skype or voice communication in this, as I often talk to my div mates if I am in a div.... but not video communication

I am in Australia so I think we have these dongle things here for about $99 ?   If I were to use a laptop & that setup, then about 3-6 gig a month may suffice?

Ordrazz

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

And I play max at 30+ match a day, plus the game updates (you can be struck by 2 big updates a month with WG's 3-week rapid update) so you will have some spare with those Data

Ordrazz dont count the updates because he have another source of internet for that... so he wont need that much quota

I am in Australia so I think we have these dongle things here for about $99 ?   If I were to use a laptop & that setup, then about 3-6 gig a month may suffice?

i think you will be fine

[LN]
Super Tester
215 posts

I use 3G to play game because free wifi is too lag. This month I played about 150 matchs, sometimes chatted in facebook but I just spent 1GB data.

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

It's 2016 and people still use limited bandwidth? Well, each game only takes about 10mb, if you use voice comm a lot, make that 50 mb. Make sure your lappy can handle the game, and your dongle doesn't run into fair usage policy and you get disconnected. Potato setup is bad for your fun and your team.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

It's 2016 and people still use limited bandwidth? 

you haven't run into the region's 1st world countries 4th world (two tin cans and a piece of string) internet before have you?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

naah, I'm not that old sir...

you don't need to be old lol,

just visit any of the 3 big islands down south (depending on who you ask the eastern two are either a separate country or states of the big western one :P)

91 posts
7,169 battles

Greetings

I am not sure if this is the right part of the forum to put this, if it isn't I'm sure a moderator will put it in the right location.....

If I were to run WOWS on a laptop Computer, with a mobile internet "dongle" (a thing supposed to plug in the side of your laptop to give you mobile internet anywhere, not a Wifi),

how much would the game use in bandwidth (download limit) per month??

assuming I play everyday for at least 2.5 hours (which usually I do), how many Gigs of bandwidth (download limit) would I need each month?

Not counting any updates, or any other useage... do not put this into the question....

just playing, how much would the game use?

thanks

Ordrazz

i mostly play the game with my laptop and mobile internet device, not sure about the data i use every month but it not much, gaming in general doesnt consume much date, except for when you download the game.

91 posts
7,169 battles

I can only play for about 2-3 hours before 

1 my eyes get sore

2 my brain gets sore so I make mistakes like putting WWWWW or EEEEEEE in the chat box

3 my playing starts to suck big time

4 I REALLY notice how much my team sucks

5 my body stiffens

6 my bum feels like a piece of wood

7 my neck starts hurting

8 my wrists start hurting

9 my fingers are locked into position

10 I CANT FEEL MY LEGS !!!

OH MY GOD !!!!;   *%^€&×÷@            Ahem

:playing:

Sorry, getting carried away

We can count skype or voice communication in this, as I often talk to my div mates if I am in a div.... but not video communication

Ordrazz

I studied in Oz last year, the Internet in the house I rented sucked so I used mobile hotspot from my phone all the time I played WOWS, I had 6Gb of mobile data every month and it was more than enough, unless, as I mentioned above, you download the game and updates.

43 posts
15,154 battles

ive used that mobile internet dongle when my isp went down. 6-10 is about right. ived checked my data usage after every game:D...but then the update came:trollface:

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

did using voice matter much on the data usage?

Lol I don't use voice chat, back then I was playing with friends on skype, so it roughly takes around 50mb for around an hour worth of call

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

you don't need to be old lol,

just visit any of the 3 big islands down south (depending on who you ask the eastern two are either a separate country or states of the big western one :P)

I went to NZ from Singapore for a holiday and I had to very carefully use my 500MB of tourist data. Quite a far cry from the unlimited mobile data that I'm used to and ended up buying 2 tourist SIM cards T_T

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Lol I don't use voice chat, back then I was playing with friends on skype, so it roughly takes around 50mb for around an hour worth of call

ah...50 mb is nice...

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The internet data in my country kinda overpriced along with slow internet speed

Even mobile 4G LTE is more forgiving