Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

grinding a stock ship is such a pain

17 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

i have reach bayern now, at stock this ship is just horrendous, poor range poor aa..cv send plane im dead going near im dead..worst still keep getting into T8 match..what a nightmare

16.5K for hull upgrade, im like only 10K now after some frustration grind..its really frustrating

i know some will say use free xp but im saving mine up for ships like in T8

why upgrades is not break into parts..this make the grind a little easier..but i guess is a "business" decision to make us buy premium and DB

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Yes its painful but it will be done in a few matches.. Good news is the bad stock grind on German BBs afterwards aren't bad at all compared to stock IJN/US BB hulls.

Stock Gneisenau has the same gun, range, armor as the upgraded one, and it actually has better secondaries for setting fires on ship. Same goes for the Bismarck, you don't even feel like you're driving a stock ship.

For comparison, just look at stock Fuso/Nagato/Amagi.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

I've actually thought the German BB stock ships were better than the US stock hulls, still not great but they could be worse.

1,829 posts
8,045 battles

If you thought the German BBs stock are bad, wait till you play the IJN and USN BBs

Although they don't have Catapult Equipment (for tiers V-VI) they're still good in busting other ships

Would be more cooler if they have Catapult Fighters consumable Starting at Konig (He 51)

and then Bayern (With the Arado Ar 197)

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

*cough* stock myogi

anyways, just save enough free XP to half the time need to skip the hull, or just save enough free XP to directly skip hulls

i save up eunough free xp over half a yaer to skip directly to hull C of izumo and i never regreted it

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

forget that those IJN even worst..i have more pain grinding thru myogi all the way to nagato

looking at gneissau and bismark they are fine on stock, now i just have to go thru it bit by bit

but so far on stock bayern im not having issue making damage, i even citadel a nagato just the range and aa kinda suck

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

just deal with it, and git gud....

if you want skip the stock hull use the power of wallet and buy some doubloon and exchange it :D

:trollface:

good advice :D

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,839 battles

WOWs & WOT are basically following the CRPG model which is about keeping everyone playing as long as possible using small rewards for building up experience.

Hopefully playing and gaining experience will make to a 'better player' and hook you into the game for an extended period. 

Even so some ship are simply awful at first and some higher Tier ships are a total disappointment after the previous one when you first buy them.

Besides just imagine if everyone stated in the equivalent of a T10 ship or had to buy a premium ship to play.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

We all been through stock grind, it'll be over when you got the elite upgrade.

But even with elite hull upgrade, we can't deny the fact BB still being targeted by carriers. My Fusou & New Mexico (both elite hull) still being swarmed by CVs. No exceptions. :P

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

everytime i sail BB and saw planes coming my mind instantly turn wussy mode try to find my nearest ally or turn away lol

a very good player will cross drop one after another and i'm so done

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

i have reach bayern now, at stock this ship is just horrendous, poor range poor aa..cv send plane im dead going near im dead..worst still keep getting into T8 match..what a nightmare

16.5K for hull upgrade, im like only 10K now after some frustration grind..its really frustrating

i know some will say use free xp but im saving mine up for ships like in T8

why upgrades is not break into parts..this make the grind a little easier..but i guess is a "business" decision to make us buy premium and DB

I get what you have said, when you are playing for example you have stock Bayern it will be easy when MM keeps you in a same tier as your ship T6 or T7 it will be playable but when you get 9 out of 10 matches as T8 games then it will be hard for even a pro player to grind through stock ship and get it fully upgraded 

But we're talking about a company here which has to earn profits, so lol they have to put you in a position where it feels hard to earn xp easily and to earn xp you have to buy premium or DB. Which will help the company to keep servers running

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,839 battles

We all been through stock grind, it'll be over when you got the elite upgrade.

But even with elite hull upgrade, we can't deny the fact BB still being targeted by carriers. My Fusou & New Mexico (both elite hull) still being swarmed by CVs. No exceptions. :P

Just as much 'fun' is a brand new basic Kirov - BB size, everyone can see you, no armour, gigantic turning circle. CVs love it.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Just as much 'fun' is a brand new basic Kirov - BB size, everyone can see you, no armour, gigantic turning circle. CVs love it.

You just made me bring back my memories on Kirov grinding T_T it literally made me cry, But then again Budyonny was worth the pain

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

finally got the hull upgrade

the 500++ xp that i need is such a fight, amagi and scnharnhorst chase all the way but none of them kill me lol and i still do solid damage 3K and 5K on the amagi until both of them walk into mogami torp trap and goes boom lol

not too bad on a stock ship with no camo also earn dreadnought and fireproof lol

Sign in to follow this