You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Allow Catapult Fighters to go farther spot 3.2km to 5.0 km

8 comments in this topic

930 posts

If I can remember back in CBT, seaplane patrol radius is like that or near 5km (not sure if 4km or 4.5, but the patrol radius was far back then). It kinda made seaplanes almost useless since 1) they're slow 2) they're slow to react and 3) it doesnt really cover much area especially if your plane is patrolling at the wrong side of your ship.

1,829 posts
8,045 battles

If I can remember back in CBT, seaplane patrol radius is like that or near 5km (not sure if 4km or 4.5, but the patrol radius was far back then). It kinda made seaplanes almost useless since 1) they're slow 2) they're slow to react and 3) it doesnt really cover much area especially if your plane is patrolling at the wrong side of your ship.

That was the past

3.2 km is hopeless range thou lol :nerv_fish:

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

scout plane main purpose is to spot ship hiding behind landmass. increasing spotting range is just secondary. i think their current spotting range is just fine.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Get Vigilance skill, torp problem solved.

Also, those Catapult Fighter were meant for AA defense in the first place, spotting is secondary.

Still funny how the actual "spotter" plane doesn't do much other than range increase, they don't loiter around long enough nor recharge fast enough for continuous use.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Still funny how the actual "spotter" plane doesn't do much other than range increase, they don't loiter around long enough nor recharge fast enough for continuous use.

that's actually to prevent the sniping meta

it is already bad enough without the spotting plane

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I said Catapult Fighters not Spotting Aircraft :facepalm:

It still used to spot enemy Battleship
Edited by Harpoon01