You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skooma

Playing for fun

29 comments in this topic

525 posts
7,946 battles

So, what's you guys opinion on this subject?

for me, i kinda agree with jingles.

if you play for "fun" that is intentionally derping around, you're kinda selfish because some people play to win, and by doing that you take away their "fun"

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

if you play for "fun" that is intentionally derping around, you're kinda selfish because some people play to win, and by doing that you take away their "fun"

:hmm: Using the same logic, you can say that the serious players spoil the derpers' fun. 

525 posts
7,946 battles

:hmm: Using the same logic, you can say that the serious players spoil the derpers' fun. 

Interesting view, but the serious players wont spoil the derpers fun, why? because they will derp around nonetheless, while the serious player can lose a game because of that and nothing they can do about that
Edited by Skooma

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

If I'm about to troll/derp/toy with the enemy, I'll make sure that:

• The team knows what I'm going to do (bonus point if they support my shenanigans) by telling them in the chat.
  • I absolutely certain my team are going to win when I'm dead.
  • I can control the victim.

If neither of those checks, i won't do stupid things. I understand that there would be 'serious' players ready to unleash 7 karma to me in one sweep if my team lost so i will take consideration to it.

But then again, if you're looking for serious stuff, there are Ranked Battle & Team Battle. You're playing Random Battle after all, what do you expect?

525 posts
7,946 battles

If I'm about to troll/derp/toy with the enemy, I'll make sure that:

• The team knows what I'm going to do (bonus point if they support my shenanigans) by telling them in the chat.
  • I absolutely certain my team are going to win when I'm dead.
  • I can control the victim.

If neither of those checks, i won't do stupid things. I understand that there would be 'serious' players ready to unleash 7 karma to me in one sweep if my team lost so i will take consideration to it.

But then again, if you're looking for serious stuff, there are Ranked Battle & Team Battle. You're playing Random Battle after all, what do you expect?

Lol, even when you're derping around I'm pretty sure you still took down at least one enemy :P

Anyway, ranked and team battles doesn't always available so the serious players have to play random at some point

525 posts
7,946 battles

i play for fun......

dont like it, sue me :P

Yep, me too, but there's a different between playing for fun and intentionally derping around like in that jingles video.

And yes we need to let loose sometimes, I do derp around too but I do that in co-op

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Yep, me too, but there's a different between playing for fun and intentionally derping around like in that jingles video.

And yes we need to let loose sometimes, I do derp around too but I do that in co-op

what the category of derping?

today i keep doing a quick kamikaze charge on my Kamikaze R .. and i even get a double strike :P 

i have so much fun but i dont know if my teamates hates me for doing those suicide run......

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,288 posts

i play for fun......

dont like it, sue me :P

+1 sir.

May I remind you people that this is a GAME.

GAMES are played for fun.

If you are not having fun, then it is no longer a GAME.

181 posts
4,257 battles

Is there a definition to fun in WOWS?
Is it analogous to aimlessly derping around or goin YOLO?
Or is it spreading salt and hitting on other players in chat?

To me fun is when you get see wondrous moments like the perfect draft saving you from a torpedo destined to hit you, getting to see a detonation up close and other beyond usual events that this game makes us witness.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,874 battles

To me fun is when you get see wondrous moments like the perfect draft saving you from a torpedo destined to hit you, getting to see a detonation up close and other beyond usual events that this game makes us witness.

How true. No matter how frustrating it can be some times there are always those moments that make up for it.

The satisfaction of seeing your damage counter ticking over (from fire or flooding)for minutes after you've sunk.  

Doing well when MM makes you the lowest Tier ship in a match.

525 posts
7,946 battles

what the category of derping?

today i keep doing a quick kamikaze charge on my Kamikaze R .. and i even get a double strike :P 

i have so much fun but i dont know if my teamates hates me for doing those suicide run......

If its stupid and it works it ain't stupid.

But how many players in this server that can pull that of? Beside the ones in the forum that is.

Anyway, I started this thread because I see a lot of players in game and in forum complaining about losses and how derpy their teammates are, while thinking about that, jingles released an interesting video, and it kinda goes from there.

345 posts
3,668 battles

Fun for me is seeing huge numbers in my overall damage dealt. If i have <50k damage meant i was not able to have fun. I dont really care if i managed to get kills or not. My first 700 games, i was just playing for fun (seeing ships and such). My average damage before was below average. Now, i'm playing the game seriously. I just want my average damage and exp to increase. Since I dont have absolute control with my winrate, i just let fate control it.

181 posts
4,257 battles

How true. No matter how frustrating it can be some times there are always those moments that make up for it.

The satisfaction of seeing your damage counter ticking over (from fire or flooding)for minutes after you've sunk.  

Doing well when MM makes you the lowest Tier ship in a match.

Exactly bro !

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

If its stupid and it works it ain't stupid.

But how many players in this server that can pull that of? Beside the ones in the forum that is.

Anyway, I started this thread because I see a lot of players in game and in forum complaining about losses and how derpy their teammates are, while thinking about that, jingles released an interesting video, and it kinda goes from there.

i hope rank and team battle available all the time, so we can have different match for different players purpose

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I only Derp with the ARP Kongō series but even then I still kick the enemy's back end hard before I die

Then I realised it screws my stats

So I take total Derp to coop instead

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

i hope rank and team battle available all the time, so we can have different match for different players purpose

just as many derps in ranked or TB

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

Interesting view, but the serious players wont spoil the derpers fun, why? because they will derp around nonetheless, while the serious player can lose a game because of that and nothing they can do about that

Agreed

Please troll only when you sure the team can still win after your death

So, what's you guys opinion on this subject?

for me, i kinda agree with jingles.

Those derp guys should go coop... fun for them anyways

Edited by R3negade

525 posts
7,946 battles

does playing well and helping your team not fun at all? playing for fun aren't just derping and doing selfish stuff.

Well, here's the thing, "fun" is relative, what sounds fun for you might not be fun for the others, have you watched Jingles video that i posted? the idea of fun for those guys are charging the channel in between two islands in two brothers, and that's not really helping their team is it?
Edited by Skooma

82 posts
2,945 battles

Well, here's the thing, "fun" is relative, what sounds fun for you might not be fun for the others, have you watched Jingles video that i posted? the idea of fun for those guys are charging the channel in between two islands in two brothers, and that's not really helping their team is it?

yeah i have watched(although dint finished)i just wanna remind it again because thats how important it is. As for the more serious players being dragged down by "those" kind of people, well, that is why its  called random battles. At a competetive scene  like ranked now thats a problem

525 posts
7,946 battles

The only thing nobody can disagree to..

"Winning is FUN"

Well of course, at the end of the day, this game is still a competitive game, there won't be ranked and team battles if this game isn't competitive.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

just as many derps in ranked or TB

At ranks 22-6, people do all sorts of stupid things, although if you are at rank 5 and below and you derp...

Get ready for the hail of salt and -ve karma

525 posts
7,946 battles

At ranks 22-6, people do all sorts of stupid things, although if you are at rank 5 and below and you derp...

Get ready for the hail of salt and -ve karma

lol true.:D

I remember Petee said he got chatbanned for a while because some one report spam him in ranked.