You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
unknownaussie

Can Wargaming Actually Attempt to do a ramming system

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
153 posts
3,490 battles

seriously the ramming in this game is a joke and just a lazy way how it is and needs to be overhauled and fixed a god dammed nicholas scratching the stern of my Tirpitz should not one shot kill my ship the way the system is in the game atm is just a worthless half A#@ed attempted 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

lol

don't you get it?

it still a over-two-thousand-tons ship ramming at you

of course it will do a lot of damage

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

You have to realize that you're moving several kilotons worth of steel at high speeds.

This isn't World of Tanks. It's not as simple as getting a concussion.

400mm of belt armor can't do anything against a veritable hulk of steel ramming you even at half-speed.

Presently the system is: 

Ship total(Not current) HP = ramming damage to target, if damage caused is over 25% of the target's total HP, automatically applies flooding, as well. If ship performing the ram has less total HP than the ramming target, it automatically self-destructs after ramming

Ex. Ship with 500/9800 HP will deal 9800 damage to whatever it hits. If it hits anyone with a total HP of less than 39200, it will apply flooding, if it hits anyone with a larger HP pool, it will only deal 9800 damage before self-destructing.

350 posts

seriously the ramming in this game is a joke and just a lazy way how it is and needs to be overhauled and fixed a god dammed nicholas scratching the stern of my Tirpitz should not one shot kill my ship the way the system is in the game atm is just a worthless half A#@ed attempted 

Unless the above mentioned Nicholas is in a fail division, I don't think it should even meet you. Also, ramming depends on the ramming ship's displacement and a Nicholas isn't a small warship either.

So to make you at least chuckle a bit, my Nassau in PT was able to ram both a Myogi and a Nassau before all three of us sunk together. The first ram was a wayward scratch that sunk the half-health Myogi with some health remaining for my ship seconds just before I rammed into the Nassau and our simultaneous sinking that led to our team winning.

In fact, there was already an overhaul with regards to sinking animations, maybe sometime in the future, they would also look at how ramming damage actually work when hit at another part of the ship or another angle of attack.

For now, just play and enjoy the game.

1,107 posts
7,840 battles

When 5000 tons of Steel travel at 50km/h, no armor can withstand that.

just counting the Kinetic energy involved, it would probably equal to few Kilotons of TNT

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

It's simple physics, is it not? Force = mass * acceleration. Then take the force / area of contact and you'd probably get one point of your ship under extreme stress. Could probably be enough for you to lose a bow or stern.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

When 5000 tons of Steel travel at 50km/h, no armor cant withstand that.

just counting the Kinetic energy involved, it would probably equal to few Kilotons of TNT

Actually, at that speed, your kinetic energy is just 0.11 tons of TNT. Still...

1,107 posts
7,840 battles

fixed

thx

Actually, at that speed, your kinetic energy is just 0.11 tons of TNT. Still...

ah, i dont exactly counted it, thx kg of TNT seems more appropriate