You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Anzac_A1

Something's messed up!

20 comments in this topic

15 posts
1,516 battles

Just had a battle in Nassau. Sank one battleship, damaged another, won the battle, took almost no damage, yet I only get 522 XP! WTF?!

15 posts
1,516 battles

Just had another Nassau battle. Sank two ships this time, badly damaged others, won, only got 777 XP! Why am I getting so little?!

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Anyway, exp is heavily tied towards the % of damage you deal towards an enemy ship. Dealing lots of damage spread out across multiple ships will get you less exp than accounting for the bulk of damaging a single ship. Getting kill ribbons gives a slight boost to exp, but is a lot less than actually dealing the bulk of damage to a ship.

522 exp for a mere 14k damage sounds about right to me. 777 exp for 40k is plausible if the damage is spread out across multiple ships and the killshots were made on already-heavily damaged ships.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Dont forget that lower Tier also receiving lower EXP/Credits when you compare to higher Tier

Here my Nassau stats

Average Score per Battle

Experience    750.90

Damage caused    34,609.70

The point here is not to show off but to give you an an idea that even i have more Avg. dmg my Exp is not higher than you by large amount, we roughly the same due to the low Tier economies  

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Kill only give small bonus exp

Cap give the biggest exp reward but smaller credit reward

Being alive the whole game give smallest reward

Damage is counted by percentage of the target so, DD>CA>CV>BB in the same amount of damage dealt

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

need someone to prove this :

"i manage to rack up a good exp while i didnt kill any ship, only do around 9.000 damage, no cap, 1 fire flag and 14 defense ribbon in my Nicolas"

so defensive ribbon worth much?

173 posts
5,332 battles

Just had a battle in Nassau. Sank one battleship, damaged another, won the battle, took almost no damage, yet I only get 522 XP! WTF?!

Play the objectives and you will harvest EXP

need someone to prove this :

"i manage to rack up a good exp while i didnt kill any ship, only do around 9.000 damage, no cap, 1 fire flag and 14 defense ribbon in my Nicolas"

so defensive ribbon worth much?

Yes but I think but not as much as capturing bases. If I could not cap, I defend the cap as much as I can, tagging all ships inside the cap circle, to farm exp.7PHyKKzp_QCJcyYvwLE7jwW8ByTNbArlveBZernp

jjqsw5W157NqKItwtcMc9KZPdsQEjphIzayf_wjJ

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Kill only give small bonus exp

Cap give the biggest exp reward but smaller credit reward

Being alive the whole game give smallest reward

Damage is counted by percentage of the target so, DD>CA>CV>BB in the same amount of damage dealt

wait wat so I should get killed every game to maximise income for XP?
Edited by FenrirApalis

15 posts
1,516 battles

Anyway, exp is heavily tied towards the % of damage you deal towards an enemy ship. Dealing lots of damage spread out across multiple ships will get you less exp than accounting for the bulk of damaging a single ship. Getting kill ribbons gives a slight boost to exp, but is a lot less than actually dealing the bulk of damage to a ship.

522 exp for a mere 14k damage sounds about right to me. 777 exp for 40k is plausible if the damage is spread out across multiple ships and the killshots were made on already-heavily damaged ships.

Doesn't help that I'm always just left to die by the rest of the team.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

From what I know, if you have a decent amount of citadels with damage in the 50k or up in a BB you should be doing quite well XP wise around 800-1000 base XP depending on what other ribbons you have.

Or you could always use the free xp :P

15 posts
1,516 battles

From what I know, if you have a decent amount of citadels with damage in the 50k or up in a BB you should be doing quite well XP wise around 800-1000 base XP depending on what other ribbons you have.

Or you could always use the free xp :P

Just had a great battle with the New York-class:

96,485 Damage.

2 Kills (Kongo-class and Kirov-class).

200,326 credits.

4,871 XP.

244 Free XP.

Had a great close-range (6 km and closer) slugging match with the Kongo. He had a lot more health than me, 60-75% (Him) vs 10-20% (Me), and I tore him apart.

15 posts
1,516 battles

WTF?! Is it just me, or does EVERY enemy ship target you when you're using the New Mexico?! 'Cause I keep getting killed within the first few minutes, because the entire enemy team goes right for me!

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

WTF?! Is it just me, or does EVERY enemy ship target you when you're using the New Mexico?! 'Cause I keep getting killed within the first few minutes, because the entire enemy team goes right for me!

I think it is just you. People will gang up on u if you are alone.

15 posts
1,516 battles

I think it is just you. People will gang up on u if you are alone.

That's the thing, I'm never alone when it happens! I'm always with at least two other ships! Also, it's happened six times in a row.
Edited by Anzac_A1