You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

Take my money?

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

Since this forum code doesnt seem to want to link to YT using the YT button... sigh... here's a link to a video showing how to use the Indi:

Tee

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Since this forum code doesnt seem to want to link to YT using the YT button... sigh... here's a link to a video showing how to use the Indi:

Tee

Embed code and url is different btw

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

It's probably worth mentioning that I don't have the Pensacola..

Then it worth mentioning that you dont actually need Pensacola :D:D:D

You either love or hate Pensacola due to the special characteristics (Good AP, bad HE, no armor, bad concealment, no AA and etc.)

While Indianapolis kinda have many better point with less guns

All and all i think Myoko still rules, you might get radar and some fun with USN AP but now you in over all worst ship that no mean can compare to Myoko (you have some advantage but it out class by other aspect and overall stats of the ship), except you dont actually want to rules the sea and want to have some fun radar poor low tier DDs  that have no idea about radar Indianapolis might be the ship for you (and i mean it i lol real hard when poor Minekaze dont know what happened).

P.S. i dont have the ship my self but this is mix of my opinion and my friends experience about the ship.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
385 posts
14,947 battles

It can't be seen from the moon. That's probably it's biggest advantage over the Pensacola.

266 posts
5,135 battles

Even though I'm a cruiser main, I find it difficult to recommend the Indianapolis.

It's basically just a Pensacola with radar and better concealment. Because of the way the ship is shaped (especially that weird gap in the middle) it takes a lot of random penetrations even when bow-on or stern-on. To make it worse, it's pretty bulky and doesn't have enough mobility to dodge shells. Its AP is quite good, though. Together with the radar, those two aspect are probably the only good points from this ship.

If you like playing fragile support cruisers, you might like the Indianapolis. Or if you have good divmates who can tank or lay smoke cover for you. Otherwise, don't bother. To be honest, it's the only premium I regret getting up to this point.

Edited by AsakuraShinji

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
385 posts
14,947 battles

Because of the way the ship is shaped (especially that weird gap in the middle) it takes a lot of random penetrations even when bow-on or stern-on.

I believe that was identified in testing and was fixed before release.

507 posts
9,826 battles

Most of them compare it to the Pensacola, to some extent it might be true but from my 238 Battles in it (Most battles in SEA -_-) i would compare it to New Orleans at T7 cause it suits its playstyle more.

If you're top tier you can rule the cruiser meta according to me , although u dont want to get close. Concealment is almost same as the Myoko and with CE you can go in and out of engagements. AP is pretty good, even against BB at close range i've managed to land nice salvos and good 16.9 range.

It's not a front line cruiser at all, you need to passive and supportive at times.if you dont like this playstyle you shouldn't buy this at all as you will suffer in this ship and i have seen a lot of people regret this as well, but if youre good at it, youre gonna enjoy it as much - coming from a player whole liked the baltimore haha.

As others said its quite fragile so you got to know when to pick you're fights. But then again you're other option for USN prem at this tier is Atlanta..

btw most citadels i got in a game til date

0AFjivt.jpg

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Btw, I used the Embed code after selecting the YouTube icon.

Tee

what you showed was the url link 

harp

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

what you showed was the url link 

harp

That was after I received an error when copying the Embed link into the Youtube widget. I then reverted to copying the URL into the text box.

Tee

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

You need to be extremely cautious playing Indy, it is a good attraction for enemies to shoot at, just like people love shooting at Atlanta. Better armor will only give the enemy less overpens.

See what petee said. Indy suits only a specific style of plays. She has RADAR which is a plus. But you don't see many Indy in game, so you know she is not that popular, even though a good number of players have this ship.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

That was after I received an error when copying the Embed link into the Youtube widget. I then reverted to copying the URL into the text box.

Tee

then why not use the Url instead

harp

266 posts
5,135 battles

I believe that was identified in testing and was fixed before release.

Is it? Iirc they only fixed some kind of 'armor bug' due to it sitting too high in the water. I don't think that shape I mentioned is considered a bug. 

I guess we can wait for the armor viewer to confirm it. Either way, it doesn't change my opinon that it's more fragile compared to other cruisers. :3

507 posts
9,826 battles

Is it? Iirc they only fixed some kind of 'armor bug' due to it sitting too high in the water. I don't think that shape I mentioned is considered a bug. 

I guess we can wait for the armor viewer to confirm it. Either way, it doesn't change my opinon that it's more fragile compared to other cruisers. :3

It still sits high in the water imo compared to how it should be.

Here is the actual image

1920px-USS_Indianapolis_at_Mare_Island.j

Compared to in game

cGTClyb.jpg

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I would recommend it. Like most higher tier US Cruisers it lacks some gun range, but as Petee stated its more like a New Orleans. If you are good at wiggling, getting in close and not being seen then take this beastie out.

154 posts
3,357 battles

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have seen the "how to" video before, but it's worth asking around as everyone's opinion is slightly different. 

Think at this stage I will unlock the Pensacola first and see how that goes. Not too far to go now.

What about the Atlanta? Seeing the general consensus in both these ships is to pick your fights, what's the most popular?

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
385 posts
14,947 battles

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have seen the "how to" video before, but it's worth asking around as everyone's opinion is slightly different. 

Think at this stage I will unlock the Pensacola first and see how that goes. Not too far to go now.

What about the Atlanta? Seeing the general consensus in both these ships is to pick your fights, what's the most popular?

Atlanta is so worth it. It was hilarious before it had radar, now it's downright overpowered. You are quite literally every DD captain's worst nightmare and with match making the way it is, it's quite the playground you have.