You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aaditya_AJ

Noob premium ship players

26 comments in this topic

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I don't know if this topic is brought up already but I'm actually fed up with this. 

Tier 3 and Tier 4 players buying Tier 8 premium ships and playing them when they don't know anything about angling the ship, making up a team stratergy with the team.

For example i had a game in with my Bayern a T6 battleship in a T8 match (Map:- Land of fire,Domination) and we had 2 Tirpitz on our team every one on the team agreed to go to A and B to cap them but one Tirpitz started reversing at the start of the match and the other started going towards C. Now whole team was doing well but we were being over powered by enemy battleships North Carolina and Tirpitz. The reversing Tirpitz started to support and eventually ended up just going straight into an island and died by enemy fire, the other Tirpitz who headed C was torpedoed by enemy DDs who didn't do anything but made himself food for DDs.

In another game (Two Brothers) Tirpitz Yolo towards enemy and started reversing (he never crashed into an island), showing his broadside ended up dead within 5 mins of the game. then he cursed the ship (Tirpitz) whole game. 

P.S. I'm not saying all Tirpitz captains are bad but players of a certain level must be made available towards those Premium Ships

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,501 battles

Well, those noob players stick their hands in wallet to give WG $$$$$$ to keep the game going, so don't expect WG to start any restrictions like you are hoping for.

Sad truth of  free to play games.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

I have to admit, I did the same mistake with Kutuzov. I tried to play that without much CA experience and sucked hard. I feel sorry for my teams. But I often face another problem in Tirpitz, just because I'm in a Tirpitz doesn't mean people should assume I'm going to derp (which I might) and not support me.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Definition - What does Free To Play (F2P) mean?

Free to play (F2P) refers to a business model for online games in which the game designers do not charge the user or player in order to join the game. Instead, they hope to bring in revenue from advertisements or in-game sales, such as payment for upgrades, special abilities, special items, and expansion packs.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Well, those noob players stick their hands in wallet to give WG $$$$$$ to keep the game going, so don't expect WG to start any restrictions like you are hoping for.

Sad truth of  free to play games.

Definition - What does Free To Play (F2P) mean?

Free to play (F2P) refers to a business model for online games in which the game designers do not charge the user or player in order to join the game. Instead, they hope to bring in revenue from advertisements or in-game sales, such as payment for upgrades, special abilities, special items, and expansion packs.

I'm a premium player myself. I do spend money on this game but when everyone does well and because your 2 top ships had bad captains you lost good game is a bad thing. 

When a new player buys a premium ship WG should make clear that they show tutorials or How to play video so that they know how to use that ship even if it is to its half potential. So that when a new player plays in a match he knows what he is doing.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

You don't complain when you get them in the enemy, right?

when you get them as enemy other players in the enemy team do tell us to report him, right? and we report him.

But then we can say we are lucky not to have him on our side. :)

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

525 posts
7,946 battles

I haven't seen that many derpy tirpitz captain for the past 2 months, at least compared to when the tirpitz first sold back in 2015

4 posts
10,949 battles

Right ... But its free to play and wargaming making mony from primium stuff so 

I m not expect thay will put some rules on it.. but agree with you ... Seriously we'll need this 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I'm a premium player myself. I do spend money on this game but when everyone does well and because your 2 top ships had bad captains you lost good game is a bad thing. 

When a new player buys a premium ship WG should make clear that they show tutorials or How to play video so that they know how to use that ship even if it is to its half potential. So that when a new player plays in a match he knows what he is doing.

bullshit, PVP, only available when the player meet certain lvl, until then they will learn and experience the new ship in PVE, that's the same as training, tutorial does not bring any great effect to skill or else

bad players is bad, nothing could change them except themself, in other words, they need to git gud

let's take example, on FPS game, What does Turtorial shows you?

+ ASWD movement

+ Firing on target

+ Do the objective

this one almost available on all game tutorial.

what they doesn;t show you?

- Use Grenade bounce

- Weapon Recoil

- Map Strategy

- Footstep

and this on above IS SKILL RELATED.

bad players are to blame not because they don't know, but because they don't want to know, or pretend to don't know

and also

IN GAME TUTORIAL COST MONEY AND TIME TO MAKE AS WELL

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

"derpitz make tasty snack for DD" - me from carrying my derpitz friend

"derpitz make tasty snack for DD" - also me from blowing up derp players

82 posts
2,945 battles

"many new players that buy premium ships" from wg's perspective, thats a double win. as for us, hey, the pop. is steadily increasing and their money will be spent on new russian content

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

I can say for sure that the player base is getting better. This game is not hard, i wouldnt be surprised if players jump in premium and do well. I bought Blyska last month without any prior DD skill and im doing pretty well in that (better than server average i mean). So it is possible. Dont straight up undermine players. 

1,493 posts

I don't mind at all, if I come across a player like that, then I get an easy kill :trollface:

Also, bear in mind they could be training a new captain, or working out how to control the ship...

Ordrazz

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

bullshit, PVP, only available when the player meet certain lvl, until then they will learn and experience the new ship in PVE, that's the same as training, tutorial does not bring any great effect to skill or else

bad players is bad, nothing could change them except themself, in other words, they need to git gud

let's take example, on FPS game, What does Turtorial shows you?

+ ASWD movement

+ Firing on target

+ Do the objective

this one almost available on all game tutorial.

what they doesn;t show you?

- Use Grenade bounce

- Weapon Recoil

- Map Strategy

- Footstep

and this on above IS SKILL RELATED.

bad players are to blame not because they don't know, but because they don't want to know, or pretend to don't know

and also

IN GAME TUTORIAL COST MONEY AND TIME TO MAKE AS WELL

I don't think It will cost them so much money to make a simple 5-8 min video on what is that ship is about and how to make most of it. 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

be careful who you aqlling T3-4 players buying premium T8 ships  , because im one of them players

You just forced me to look into your stats (Player Profile) and to my surprise you have played above 2k battles and own an Iowa so basically you are not the kind of a player who i was referring to.

205 posts
5,305 battles

Fact of life with F2P games with premium content. Can't beat them, join them!  :trollface:

On a more serious note, I had a 1 vs 1 against a Derpitz last week in my ARP Myoko. We were winning handily and I wasn't going to show broadside to a BB. So, I snaked forwards her, timing my angles and speed with her shots. The distance narrowed from 10 km to about 6 km. Since she couldn't kill me, she eventually chose another target. At 6 km! I was watching for torps, but the game ended on points. Sigh.

Edited by Bunda369

181 posts
4,257 battles

Agree with Bunda,

There's not much you can do about inexperienced players getting better ships in return for spending bucks and whether they sink or shine in them is their prerogative. That said we should be thankful  WG doesn't charge you for gameplay enhancing controls. Yea you may buy premium consumables for an extra charge and lesser cool down but after all you don't need to spend bucks just for using the consumable. Which is to say its nice to see nothing except particular ships are locked for premium use only. Its one of the best Free2play games where a free player can use every feature set with some limitations instead of half the features with no limitations. Premium in this game is more like a luxury not a necessity and often more luxurious the people, the more they waste.    

Edited by Aniket_Sengupta

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

It is not wise to critic people regarding what they love to do with their money. It may be a waste from your perspective, might not be from their's which actually matters more.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

It is not wise to critic people regarding what they love to do with their money. It may be a waste from your perspective, might not be from their's which actually matters more.

Disposable income is a great thing.

and the Oil & gas industry provides me with A LOT of it!

I don't regret spending a cent on this game.

181 posts
4,257 battles

I didn't mean every premium player is a waste. Certainly there are many skilled players who know how to fully utilize the premium features and then there are those who don't. I see the latter as waste, but then again I won't complain about it because its simply their prerogative like I said and since using premium features warrant better skill(for utilizing full benefits), not all can do that.

Whether these Derpitz users should or should not be called a waste is up to the teams that get them and as a result fail to win the match. Frustrations are warranted in arcade games, where skill matters more than fun.

Edited by Aniket_Sengupta