Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

What did i do wrong?

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Can you explain more? You talking about overpens? Im confused.

well I'm using HE shooting all over the ship, from the water line to the superstructure and she is side on to me for all the shoots 

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

well I'm using HE shooting all over the ship, from the water line to the superstructure and she is side on to me for all the shoots 

Yeap, I had same situations vs DDs but 49 shells, bad luck is always with you I guess :P

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Khaba has 50mm of armor on certain parts of the ship, which can only be penetrated by HE shells above 300mm in caliber..

Coupled with HE saturation and AA guns absorbing hits its gonna take a while to take down a Khaba with HE, so its generally better to use AP against it..

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

The low damage roll with HE even under 7km? Maybe its damage saturation or something.

it works out to be about 288hp of damage per shell so yes very low, when the HE is 2500 on the roon.

my HE shells did a lot more damage to a lowa  per shell than it does to a DD. Bit strange.

But before he did die he also managed to get torps off at me and I was running away from him at this stage and the torps where in a spread in which I could not avoid  

525 posts
7,946 battles

Khaba has 50mm of armor on certain parts of the ship, which can only be penetrated by HE shells above 300mm in caliber..

Coupled with HE saturation and AA guns absorbing hits its gonna take a while to take down a Khaba with HE, so its generally better to use AP against it..

so if im in a gearing and stumble upon a khab, i should use AP rather than HE?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

It does seem to me that when you get point blank range(under 5km) that shells and secondary's  don't seem to do as much damage as when the range is greater than 5km??

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

It does seem to me that when you get point blank range(under 5km) that shells and secondary's  don't seem to do as much damage as when the range is greater than 5km??

For secondaries I think this is well known issue since secondaries target the hull, if I'm not wrong.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

For secondaries I think this is well known issue since secondaries target the hull, if I'm not wrong.

yes I think it is as well, but wish they would do something about it. as any ship on low HP wants to ram they can do it with fear of secondary's killing them.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

But the problem is, if the secondaries are targeting superstructure, that will be bad against DDs given how small their superstructure is. Your secondaries will miss mostly.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

so if im in a gearing and stumble upon a khab, i should use AP rather than HE?

If he's broadsiding to you then yes, chances are your AP will do more regular pen to it rather than overpens..

Even Kiev's 130mm AP hitting my broadsiding Udaloi can deal 5k damage per salvo..

Though if you do spot an incoming Khaba its generally better to permaspot him so your team can take him down rather than fighting it directly..

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well I was just in my Ibuki and my bow was pointing towards a nagato, he was just over 15km away and he citadels from the front, thru the deck.

I'm pretty sure this sort of citadel never use to happen like this from the front when pointing the bow towards an enemy ship. what has changed for this to happen now?

525 posts
7,946 battles

If he's broadsiding to you then yes, chances are your AP will do more regular pen to it rather than overpens..

Even Kiev's 130mm AP hitting my broadsiding Udaloi can deal 5k damage per salvo..

Though if you do spot an incoming Khaba its generally better to permaspot him so your team can take him down rather than fighting it directly..

Gonna try this the next time i fight a broadside khaba, i generally just spam HE at her regardless the angle.

and yes i do only fight her if she have lower health than me and within 7km

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

well I was just in my Ibuki and my bow was pointing towards a nagato, he was just over 15km away and he citadels from the front, thru the deck.

I'm pretty sure this sort of citadel never use to happen like this from the front when pointing the bow towards an enemy ship. what has changed for this to happen now?

I think this is normal from my experience, most of my citadel hits vs CAs happen at that range, and at that range, CA angling means shit.

525 posts
7,946 battles

overmatch mechanic, BBs can citpen CAs from the front

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I think this is normal from my experience, most of my citadel hits vs CAs happen at that range, and at that range, CA angling means shit.

I never really experienced this, like it is now, until after the last patch.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

overmatch mechanic, BBs can citpen CAs from the front

tier 7 BB vs tier 9 CA.

But until after the last patch I have not experienced getting citadels like this when pointing my bow towards a enemy BB. only after this patch have I noticed the difference

525 posts
7,946 battles

I never really experienced this, like it is now, until after the last patch.

Oh how i envy your luck, i got citpen a lot from the bow since i first played this game

Sign in to follow this