You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ethan_Bowmar

Warplanes and Warship crossover

9 comments in this topic

1 post
10 battles

Now here's an idea that seems too good to be true, to have multiple war gaming games to cross over, now I'm sure if we get enough support behind this idea, the creators will consider. The idea follows, aircraft of world of warships at the moment is pretty average, and there is such a historical significance of huge air-sea battles, so by including aircraft more fully, we can pay homage to history. 

By adding a new element to the game, more players will be envolved, and it will open new lines for aircraft, creating a new element of game play. Such lines could include; dive bombers and torpedo bombers. Now, we could also utilise the facilities provided by warships, by enabling players of war planes to land on carriers to reload secondary ordnance such as bombs and torpedoes, this would make the aircraft carriers a top priority and alter the gameplay for the better. I hope the creators get to see this idea, and everyone gets behind it and we can see an awesome cross over!

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Can you imagine getting the whole tank team killed with one salvo in a warship? Yeah that's a lot of salt from WOT players. With the amount of planes around how is the server going to manage? After all WG pays for the server, unlike other multiplayer games where servers are hosted by people (eg battlefield) and then how do they calculate credit and XP income? Warships compared to tanks, we have massive numbers here. And what about WOWP players? They will have a lot of fun trying to hit my cruisers when I active def AA. The USN BB will shred them too. And if you unify all games then some classes would be useless. CV will have no use since they don't control anything, artillery in WOT will be useless because naval fire support will be so much more powerful. And if the World of Warships players wants to they can remove every single tank from the game in 5 minutes. Yes it would be cool, but that would probably be better off in a seperate game instead

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

So... War****der

You realize that they both play differently, right?

Mechanics, I mean.

Plane HP, for example is RNG in WoWS, but an HP system in WoWP. Plane battles are also fought on only an X-Y plane- There's no 3D movement.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

So... War****der

Well they give up of concept of Capital Naval Grand fleet stuff

And change it to....

Small boat? Which even a strafing run will tear them apart?

Which a single shells from a DD guns could make hole in it?

Which could even capsize when get splashed by the Battleship guns?

So There is no point comparing it to wows

Edited by Harpoon01