You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

HE spamming killers

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Ok one thing I have noticed since the last update is that  it is so much easier to kill cruisers if you are in a BB.

The amount of citadel hits on cruisers has gone through the roof.

Yes I have experienced this from being in a Battleship and being in a Cruiser.

Is this WG way of dealing with the HE spamming cruiser that everyone has complained about??

or is it the new armour models that make it so much easier to get citadel hits on all ships?

Even if the cruiser is pointing bow on to incoming fire that cruiser can still be hit in the citadel when the shells are hitting the superstructure.  

It also seems to me that a ship can get mass amounts of damage no matter what angle the ship is on even if the bow is angled towards  incoming fire.??

ive seen BBs take mass amount of damage when that BB has it bow pointed towards the enemy ship.

Is there a problem with some of the new armour models??

Or is it just WG making adjustments to the game server side?

Edited by yobbo1972

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Nope, for me the AP pen mechanics especially on high caliber BBs still behaves like it was since OBT.. Find an angled/bow on ship? Shoot anyway and get normal pens or a citadel if you're lucky.. Even 15" shells can citpen T6-T8 BBs from the bow at a specific angle..

And a bow on ship is 'technically' stationary, which is why its much easier to damage them..

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Speaking from my 30+ battle experiences in Scharn and Gneisenau, the AP is awful, infact if I average 25k dmg per battle if I exclusively use AP.

I also easily can play 10 battles and get 1 citadel, that's about the average, and yes, my secondaries are used every battle, and yes I aim at cruisers as often as possible and get broadsides shown to me. Git gud got old the first time I heard it.

The AP is very on or off, and I get shown very early on in a battle whether I'm going to have a good game or a normal terrible one.

The other day I got a citadel in the first 5 mins in scharny, went on to take a screenie of an easter egg, and sink 6 ships...that's an example of knowing which way your game will go, from early on.

Then I play a light cruiser, and my luck appears to run out after the third salvo of AP is fired at me, from any range, usually 15kms> (I stay far back and tend to rain HE) and I get wholloped. Either insta- death, or multiple citadels. Even if I'm stern forward and running, the salvo will find me from more than 15kms.

That magical third salvo can either come within five minutes of the battle start, but usually it's in the last 5 mins....

Almost as if it was coded....

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Speaking from my 30+ battle experiences in Scharn and Gneisenau, the AP is awful, infact if I average 25k dmg per battle if I exclusively use AP.

I also easily can play 10 battles and get 1 citadel, that's about the average, and yes, my secondaries are used every battle, and yes I aim at cruisers as often as possible and get broadsides shown to me. Git gud got old the first time I heard it.

The AP is very on or off, and I get shown very early on in a battle whether I'm going to have a good game or a normal terrible one.

The other day I got a citadel in the first 5 mins in scharny, went on to take a screenie of an easter egg, and sink 6 ships...that's an example of knowing which way your game will go, from early on.

Then I play a light cruiser, and my luck appears to run out after the third salvo of AP is fired at me, from any range, usually 15kms> (I stay far back and tend to rain HE) and I get wholloped. Either insta- death, or multiple citadels. Even if I'm stern forward and running, the salvo will find me from more than 15kms.

That magical third salvo can either come within five minutes of the battle start, but usually it's in the last 5 mins....

Almost as if it was coded....

function setMM ();

{

set MM = fail;

add 200% to RNG chance to miss ;

add 200% to chance of fire ;

and 200% to chance of detonation ;

}

end function;

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Ok one thing I have noticed since the last update is that  it is so much easier to kill cruisers if you are in a BB.

The amount of citadel hits on cruisers has gone through the roof.

Yes I have experienced this from being in a Battleship and being in a Cruiser.

Is this WG way of dealing with the HE spamming cruiser that everyone has complained about??

or is it the new armour models that make it so much easier to get citadel hits on all ships?

Even if the cruiser is pointing bow on to incoming fire that cruiser can still be hit in the citadel when the shells are hitting the superstructure.  

It also seems to me that a ship can get mass amounts of damage no matter what angle the ship is on even if the bow is angled towards  incoming fire.??

ive seen BBs take mass amount of damage when that BB has it bow pointed towards the enemy ship.

Is there a problem with some of the new armour models??

Or is it just WG making adjustments to the game server side?

>>me engaging the enemy Battleship frontally with my full HP Aoba

>>Got heavy damage down to 6k HP left from 1 AP salvo alone

>>This happened 8 months ago and I did not bother doing it again

So ermmm... when was the new armor models implemented? Few weeks ago?

Edited by Mingfang47

181 posts
4,257 battles

I don't know if this is related to this topic or shall I have to create a new one. It goes like :-

CITADELOL on probably New Orleans

There were islands in the way so the enemy ship turned invisible but before doing so got citadelol-d while bouncing all 3 of my Hipper's AP shells. 0__0
Here have a look:

shot-16.08.30_00.34.19-0784.jpg

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

I don't know if this is related to this topic or shall I have to create a new one. It goes like :-

CITADELOL on probably New Orleans

There were islands in the way so the enemy ship turned invisible but before doing so got citadelol-d while bouncing all 3 of my Hipper's AP shells. 0__0

Here have a look:

That's your citpen on him. You don't see ribbons when people hit you.
Edited by Echo_8_ERA

205 posts
5,305 battles

For me, citadel hits in my BBs are like a crap shoot. On good days, you get lots of them along with many normal pens. On bad days, you hit a broadside Nurnberg at 6 km and come up with ... 2 overpens. Sigh.

On the other hand, when I play my cruisers, RNG is just equally baffling. On good days, no BB can hit you, or if they do, shells bounce or do minimal damage. On bad days, a slight nick to any part of the ship will be a citadel hit. Go figure. Double sigh.

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

For me, citadel hits in my BBs are like a crap shoot. On good days, you get lots of them along with many normal pens. On bad days, you hit a broadside Nurnberg at 6 km and come up with ... 2 overpens. Sigh.

On the other hand, when I play my cruisers, RNG is just equally baffling. On good days, no BB can hit you, or if they do, shells bounce or do minimal damage. On bad days, a slight nick to any part of the ship will be a citadel hit. Go figure. Double sigh.

Because of latency issue and sync stuffs, game doesn't always show you incoming shells with 100% accuracy. I have often seen hit ribbons appear when all the shells fall in water. (I don't complain though, magical hits are better than no hits).