You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Torchwood5

H44's 420 guns a trap or useful?

13 comments in this topic

556 posts
8,197 battles

*Disclaimer: I have not yet unlocked H44 (Grosse Kurfust) I am merely asking for some early advice.

Anywho, H44 can unlock 420mm cannons which offer only +200 HE damage and +800 AP damage at a +3 reload expense

iEfJzsh.jpg

SO. Asking ppl who've unlocked and used H44; is the upgrade useful or is it a trap

Pretty sure there was a possible place for a blaze it reference in there too.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,832 battles

The 420mm pen harder and easier. The 406mm are a pain to use.

Taken from: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/59528-armor-penetration-curves/

You can read the threads as to how he obtained the penetration graphs. So far, they are quite close with WG's official pen numbers on their Warships Spotlight.

For example. Scharnhorst 283s.

Scharnhorst

8sOk1x0.png

2md5pv9.jpg

Friedrich Der Große / Großer Kurfürst 406mm

zSwKMpZ.png

Friedrich Der Große / Großer Kurfürst 420mm

Rw3nYO7.png

563 posts
4,686 battles

Its H42 / H41. The 420 hits harder and pen more then the 406. 32 sec reload is still ok since you can use the reload module anyway

Edited by Admiral_Turing

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,832 battles

Its H42 / H41. The 420 hits harder and pen more then the 406. 32 sec reload is still ok since you can use the reload module anyway

The Tier 10 is:

Previously unknown German triple turret design for German 40cm(406mm/16") guns, recently found in the Russian archives. USSR was looking for it to buy(and Germany was willing to sell), as well as 3 complete turrets of this design. Of course, when war started it all was forgotten. I don't know what ship they were designed for.

The TX is based on H-41 "design" preliminaries.

556 posts
8,197 battles

you still call her H44?

NEWS FLASH

she is H42 with 4 Triple 420MM Naval guns

Huzzah, the rage is real.

I'm mainly using the positioning of the secondary batteries as my reference so calm down

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,832 battles

Which the H ship for Ferderich der Grosse? H39?

The tier 9 is a H40B. It's somewhat between a H39 and H41 according to ArdRaeiss[NA Dev]

FDG is the "Schlachtschiff H"(H-39) as it was actually designed, with some elements of H-41 design elements used as upgrades. Please also don't forget that her balance is not finalized yet.