You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rockleg

Cannot connect to NA server

6 comments in this topic

2 posts
1,003 battles

I am in Australia and at times I like to play with my friends in the US on NA servers. To do this, I added

<host addr="login.worldofwarships.com:20020" alias="WoWS NA"/>

to my Scripts_Config.xml file in the World_of_Warships\Res\ directory. This worked fine for several months but starting this weekend I am getting the error "Unable to locate server IP address through DNS. Please Contact the Customer Service Center."

That domain, login.worldofwarships.com, returns a "non-existent domain" message from my local ISP DNS servers as well as Google, OpenDNS, and other providers. Has the address for the NA login servers changed? If so, what is the correct domain name to put into the scripts_config.xml file? 

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

Firstly you may have a problem logging in if you have the ASIA client installed as NA patched last week to 0.5.10.1.We are still waiting for it on ASIA server.

Also the server address seems to have changed as well.This is the whole contents of he NA scripts_config.xml now:

<scripts_config.xml checkPing="true" debugInfo="true">
    <space>spaces/ocean</space>
    <offlineModel>PASD010_Fletcher_1942</offlineModel>
    <player entityType="Avatar" startDirection="1.0 0.0 0.0" startPosition="0.0 0.0 -313.0"/>
    <cursorScaleSpeed x="40" y="40"/>
    <server online="true">
        <host alias="WOWS NA" csis="http://csis.worldoftanks.com/csis/wowsus">
            <master addr="login2.worldofwarships.com:20020"/>
            <master addr="login1.worldofwarships.com:20020"/>
        </host>
    </server>
    <chat visibleLines="6"/>
    <writeCombatLog>true</writeCombatLog>
    <Dock3D>true</Dock3D>
    <CurseVoice>true</CurseVoice>
    <scriptProfiler address="0.0.0.0" enabled="true" netSend="false" port="6666"/>
    <GameParams packed="true"/>
    <disableTrainingRoom>false</disableTrainingRoom>
</scripts_config.xml>

Not quite sure myself what you need to do to add the NA login to ASIA now as they have changed things a bit ( I have 2 seperate installs for NA and ASIA myself,since some special events put the client versions out of sync).

2 posts
1,003 battles

Thanks for that. I changed my server addresses to what you show, and now it tells me my client version is wrong. So it looks like I will just have to wait until next week.

1 post
672 battles

NA scripts_config.xml

Firstly you may have a problem logging in if you have the ASIA client installed as NA patched last week to 0.5.10.1.We are still waiting for it on ASIA server.

Also the server address seems to have changed as well.This is the whole contents of he NA scripts_config.xml now:

Not quite sure myself what you need to do to add the NA login to ASIA now as they have changed things a bit ( I have 2 seperate installs for NA and ASIA myself,since some special events put the client versions out of sync).

i'm from server Na . can you give me Asia scripts_config.xml ?