You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OraPits

1st flight of the Konig

11 comments in this topic

220 posts
3,420 battles

guns range 14.7 km

Cleveland fires at me... a lot, can't get close enough to spit at him..Die..zero points

This is my trip to the Bismarck, it's going to be pretty tedious at best.

At least with the Kaiser I could do some not bad damage but with the Konig you go up a Tier and that matters

If I can ask..do you have to be in the same ship to get max XP, I noticed in the Hipper at 90K damage I got hardly any XP to put forward to get the Konig, a different Tier doesn't cover all Tiers ?

220 posts
3,420 battles

Well maybe not all that bad, inflicted 55k damage and 1 kill in next battle but sat back in coward mode. Interesting the opposing teams Konig was top of his team, cant understand why, it can't be skill as he was the one I killed by him ramming me

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

guns range 14.7 km

Cleveland fires at me... a lot, can't get close enough to spit at him..Die..zero points

This is my trip to the Bismarck, it's going to be pretty tedious at best.

At least with the Kaiser I could do some not bad damage but with the Konig you go up a Tier and that matters

If I can ask..do you have to be in the same ship to get max XP, I noticed in the Hipper at 90K damage I got hardly any XP to put forward to get the Konig, a different Tier doesn't cover all Tiers ?

Hi Ora, yes you have to be in the same ship to earn XP to go to that ship. The only caveat to this is Free XP (green) that can be used on any ship.

Is your Konig still stock? Or fully upgraded?

If the Cleveland was stern on moving away from you, its best to avoid those that know their range to you and seek cover or other prey. The Konig for me was fine, it was great even against T7's. Just have to learn where you use AP/HE or when to withdraw/evade/close.

173 posts
5,332 battles

I was about to post a Konig thread here but I saw this. For me, Konig is the best Tier V BB. The dispersion is so good. When I see Cleveland, I see food. Yeah, I can reliably get 5K to 10K salvoes on an angled Cleveland. I say get the FCS real quick because you get 16KM range, not that great though, but enough to outrange most of the cruisers and the guns have an 850m/s velocity which is really good at killing cruisers.

By the way, does Konig have a high sigma value? Because her dispersion is almost cruiser-like.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Hi Ora, yes you have to be in the same ship to earn XP to go to that ship. The only caveat to this is Free XP (green) that can be used on any ship.

Is your Konig still stock? Or fully upgraded?

If the Cleveland was stern on moving away from you, its best to avoid those that know their range to you and seek cover or other prey. The Konig for me was fine, it was great even against T7's. Just have to learn where you use AP/HE or when to withdraw/evade/close.

Yes still stock, I'm resistant putting any upgrades on (I didn't with the Kaiser) as I want all the XP I can get to progress as fast as I can to the Bissy. In saying that I'll spend the 3k XP to get the extra gun range, but won't like it :)

The amount of hours wasted in the Hipper trying to get XP..ah well you can be a noob in many areas, that's how good this game is.

220 posts
3,420 battles

I was about to post a Konig thread here but I saw this. For me, Konig is the best Tier V BB. The dispersion is so good. When I see Cleveland, I see food. Yeah, I can reliably get 5K to 10K salvoes on an angled Cleveland. I say get the FCS real quick because you get 16KM range, not that great though, but enough to outrange most of the cruisers and the guns have an 850m/s velocity which is really good at killing cruisers.

By the way, does Konig have a high sigma value? Because her dispersion is almost cruiser-like.

That was a helpful post Kirstie, HE or AP ? I only started getting anywhere big with AP (full time) on the Kiaser
Edited by OraPits

173 posts
5,332 battles

Go full AP Ora. Konig's HE fire chance is pretty low, so I totally abandoned firing HE. And whenever there's a broadside BB upfront at 10KM and a broadside cruiser at the back probably 13KM, I go at the cruiser. Basically, cruisers were pretty careless showing broadside when their ally BB is in front of them and that's where I give them a nasty surprise. :playing:

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

If you know how to WASD and angle between salvo's,then don't be afraid to close in if the chance presents itself,the German BB can take decent damage and deal it out once ships are in range.

I'd go with KirstieBeau suggestion,get the FCS upgrade,and use AP pretty much all the time,unless you know you need to shoot DD.Spending the XP for FCS will pay off.

Also,when you get to the Bayern,if you have enough free XP,get the hull B as soon as you can as you will NEED the extra AA and turn rate of it.The CVs are out in force and will target you a lot!

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,625 battles

if you are like me keep getting into T6 T7 this ship is bad

the horrendous turret traverse and manuevability you will get set fire alot or easily get sunk by CV

this ship have no problem going up against any T5 BB

563 posts
4,686 battles

Konig is amazing, Turret traverse is ok with EM, armor a bit trollish when angled (but will fail miserably against t7s) accuracy is amazing with 2.0 sigma, reload speed is also good. 24knt is ok too. Bad thing your shell got bounced quite a lot, HP isn't that great, can't tank for long. AA pretty useless against t6+ plane

220 posts
3,420 battles

Gun loading is so slow that when I jump into the Hipper it feels like machine gun fire

Turning is so slow that when I jump into the Hipper it feels like a jet ski 

:)

But I do like health recovery and the bang you get when you hit something.