You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

German BBs is doing really well statically, over hyped or just good ?

35 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Kriegsmarine battleships just came out for a while now and whilst I find them challenging to kill, I just had a look at the statistic for all battleships in the last 2 days and I was quite surprised at the statistic for German battleships. https://asia.warships.today/vehicles Have a look at their win rate last week. Not a German battleship win rate is below 52%. (excluding Grober Kurfurst) And if you guys want to have a laugh, have a look at Gneisenau, Tirpitz and Friedrich der Grobe winrate. 52.60%, 53.92% and. 57.58% respectively:trollface:. Quite high isn't it. Although tier 8-10 German BB haven't been played by too many people so data is unreliable for now. Tier 3-7 german BB have a relatively high winrate (52%) compared to their non premium counterpart (generally 50%). I don't have too much trouble dealing with German battleships but with this winrate... Do you all reckon that KM BBs are overhyped hence the high WR or are they just excellent ships ?

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Gneisenau has been docked permanently, 30% wr, AP doing very little damage unless at ranges of 2kms or less. At 10kms or less it's a torp magnet, had to fully upgrade and build AA platform to stop planes.

But after 35 battles, I did have the release weekend where I won 2/17 battles. And I'm a staunch AP user in a BB.

Cruisers of other nations, are much more fun.

403 posts
8,177 battles

I have only had time to play Nassau but I can confirm that she completely outperforms the Kawachii and maybe the South Carolina. It is mostly to do with the much higher accuracy and gun reload rate.

3 posts

not yet for now,the data will calm down in maybe two months.

when new ships released , many skilled players will play more than the usual time for it.So taking more time to conclude is better.

Or if WG want us to get more close combats and 2nd gun shot more epically, German BB will be op,just like French tank in WoT,w which are both excising the will of WG

231 posts
3,548 battles

the server has been flooded with german BB since the release , every game has 4-6 GE BB in the fold , over population of the stats id say as everyone wants to have a go in them.

as someone else stated , seasoned players are exclusively playing the line , to get to know the ship and unlock first

Edited by BroOfBrighton

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

The thing is, compared to other BBs from different nations, the turtleback armor scheme means that deletions are far less common. Thus, even potatoes can tank hits in a german BB. 

Of course, torps are a different matter.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Because German BBs was designed to actually get in close and punch people faces rather than sniping from the edges of the map?

231 posts
3,548 battles

Because German BBs was designed to actually get in close and punch people faces rather than sniping from the edges of the map?

spot on , they all pack the secondaries and torpedo armor 

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

+2!  I was never really confident in pushing and survive long enough to do decent damage,but the German BB just seem to lead you straight into the thick of it!

I have only had time to play Nassau but I can confirm that she completely outperforms the Kawachii and maybe the South Carolina. It is mostly to do with the much higher accuracy and gun reload rate.

Took my South Carolina out yesterday,from what I can see the Nassau outperforms that to.Think I will wait to take it out again when the Nassau's have died down a bit.

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

>Sees German BB

>Loads HE on my battleships

>Better 5k per salvo than nothing at all

Seems about right to me! Was playing the New York the other night,and was chipping away at a Konig with AP.Took me ages to get it down in health,I didn't think to try HE.I was getting decent hits,but not enough to sink it!

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,759 battles

It seems actually participating in the game increases your win rate.  Clearly a revolutionary idea!  :)

Super Tester
197 posts
2,392 battles

Lol i find this an interesting compair.  To bring the hype back into line.  Arkansas beta has better wir ratio then scharnhorst..   Indianapolis has better win rate then Bayern :hmm:    Texas and arizona has better win rate then bismarck tirpitz and gniesnau:yes_cap: Saipan has a better win rate then all of them :red_button:

563 posts
4,686 battles

Gneisenau has been docked permanently, 30% wr, AP doing very little damage unless at ranges of 2kms or less. At 10kms or less it's a torp magnet, had to fully upgrade and build AA platform to stop planes.

But after 35 battles, I did have the release weekend where I won 2/17 battles. And I'm a staunch AP user in a BB.

Cruisers of other nations, are much more fun.

I wonder how tirpitz/Bismarck's guns is "not effective" at range of more than 2km

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Lol i find this an interesting compair.  To bring the hype back into line.  Arkansas beta has better wir ratio then scharnhorst..   Indianapolis has better win rate then Bayern :hmm:    Texas and arizona has better win rate then bismarck tirpitz and gniesnau:yes_cap: Saipan has a better win rate then all of them :red_button:

Any excuse as to why you bring premium ships into a non premium ships conversation ?

Super Tester
197 posts
2,392 battles

lolz it was never stated that it was just a non premium convo mate

PS never need an excuse b4.....  Still dont need one now :P

Edited by x1xReaverx1x

Super Tester
802 posts

I'm still waiting for the average pubbeh to do this instead of sniping at 16-18km out.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

I already found a lot of Gne and Schrn players playing at 17 Km range, No matter what you do, there will be snipers. Only problem this time is, German BBs are crap at long range shooting most of the time. So you can do heavy damage with Colorado NC Amagi Nagato etc at range, that is not same for German BBs.

Just wait 2 months, the server stats will saturate and German BBs will have same crappy server average like the IJN and USN ones.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

so far my experience on lower tier german battleship are good. i can easily one shot cruiser with their guns. but sometimes i got lots of overpen. as for other bb, i can get easily score decent 4-8k per salvo against USN and IJN. they are pretty solid battleship.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

I already found a lot of Gne and Schrn players playing at 17 Km range, No matter what you do, there will be snipers. 

I'm noticing it too, particularly with Scharnhorsts. It'll be a Tier 7 match, only one or two top-tier BBs per side. Instead of leading the team in to steamroll the enemy, our Scharnhorst will be hiding up the back. Trying to snipe. And contributing nothing while the rest of us struggle and fall to the enemy top-tiers (who actually are involved in the fight). Our Scharnhorst will be the last one left alive, with full health, as the whole remainder of the enemy team corners them and then finally puts them out of their misery.

It's happened a few times now and seems to be becoming a trend. The horrors my poor Konig has seen... Hopefully when I reach Bayern she'll be better at picking up the slack in these abundant Tier 7 matches.