You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
roderichlind

The only way we can get Prinz Eugen?

22 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
55 posts
3,445 battles

Well I just saw this on Warships community on Facebook

and the describe shows "Want to win the upcoming tier VIII premium cruiser Prinz Eugen!?"

This makes wonder if this is the only method we can get her... and I really hope it won't be...:(

Eugen.png

Eugen.png

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

To be quite frank it's present stats are a little underwhelming (not set in concrete of course)which will be a premium 

But it appears to be a virtual clone of the Hipper with a few minor differences.

Can only hope it has some type of unique consumable that differentiates it from the Hipper (smoke/heal/sonar etc)that makes it worth buying.

It was a ship with a reasonable combat record (battle of Denmark Strait, Op Cerberus and it's naval gunfire support to the beleaguered troops in the Baltic) and one of the few surviving German ships to survive the war.

And nearly survive 2 atomic blasts!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_cruiser_Prinz_Eugen?wprov=sfla1

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

If it's a Hipper clone, and the Hipper is already the best tier 8 cruiser in the game as some claim, and a premium ship "must not be better than a fully upgraded free ship", then it won't be as good as the Hipper.

205 posts
5,305 battles

If it's a Hipper clone, and the Hipper is already the best tier 8 cruiser in the game as some claim, and a premium ship "must not be better than a fully upgraded free ship", then it won't be as good as the Hipper.

Err, I thought it was the Atago and the Kutuzov that are the top tier 8 cruisers? Unless you mean that the Hipper is the best tech tree tier 8 cruiser, which I would most certainly think it is.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I personally think the Hipper is better than the Kutzov and Atago. All have their niche and abilities but for me im used to the Hipper, its AP and slug fest in close with secondaries and torpedos.

Alpha Tester
55 posts
3,445 battles

Wanna get her early

Go play at China server

well... I never said I'd like to get her as soon as I can.:unsure:

Edited by roderichlind

695 posts
2,153 battles

OMC is a community run group.  They have no special access to ships (that I know off).  So they will just be offering to buy / give you a prem ship as a prize for there comp.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Well I just saw this on Warships community on Facebook

and the describe shows "Want to win the upcoming tier VIII premium cruiser Prinz Eugen!?"

This makes wonder if this is the only method we can get her... and I really hope it won't be...:(

Eugen.png

Most of the stuff pasted to the Warships page is usually EU related only ( I like to stir them up on occasion since they don't usually mention in their posts!),so I wouldn't worry about it at the moment.

6 posts
7,867 battles

I personally think the Hipper is better than the Kutzov and Atago. All have their niche and abilities but for me im used to the Hipper, its AP and slug fest in close with secondaries and torpedos.

I have watched some Clan and team battles and I saw preference for Atago and Kuto over Hipper in youtube. Yes some team used Hipper also ... flamu's clan (One of the videos and twitch stream I regularly watch) uses Atago and Kuto more I think

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

But it appears to be a virtual clone of the Hipper with a few minor differences.

Can only hope it has some type of unique consumable that differentiates it from the Hipper (smoke/heal/sonar etc)that makes it worth buying.

Radar! Just a guess, but on her ship icon it looks like radar has been fitted:

NiqGBcP.png

And her actual model (note that the radar is turned [with the guns?] and is harder to spot in this picture):

Q4OxYHG.jpg

Personally, I prefer Admiral Hipper as far as looks go, but radar would certainly make Eugen a worthy addition to the German fleet and give her a solid reason to exist alongside Hipper.

Edited by Unraveler

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

Radar! Just a guess, but on her ship icon jt looks like radar has been..........

Yes it is  true that she was fitted with the FuMo26 radar with an antenna that looked like a mattress, and was able to track and target aircraft as well.

I guess I would look at getting it then. Already have the Hipper.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Radar is better than hydroacoustic, tbh there aren't too many situations where I'm willing to sail into a smoke cloud from 3kms and less range to hunt a DD, who every time, has some big gun ships backing it up. 

EVERY TIME.

Personally I might use hydroacoustic once in a blue moon.

And smoke is better than either.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Radar is better than hydroacoustic, tbh there aren't too many situations where I'm willing to sail into a smoke cloud from 3kms and less range to hunt a DD, who every time, has some big gun ships backing it up. 

EVERY TIME.

Personally I might use hydroacoustic once in a blue moon.

And smoke is better than either.

Get the Yorck with rudder upgrade,and you will have no probs sailing into smoke to get those nasty DDs with HA ( range 5.5km for HA on that )! I usually come in swinging to launch both sets of torps into the smoke,and if the DD doesn't move I go in after it!

Haven't been in to many situations to use it in the Hipper though unfortunately.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

Seen some game play on the Prinz - appears to have hydro but no radar. No major difference then between the ships?

https://youtu.be/iaBCRUXU4S8

So apart from the name why buy it?

231 posts
3,548 battles

Dont know if im in love with the Hipper , i have it ,,,, sometimes its on song , some times i consider selling , the Kutz is an elite ship , its always on song