You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

30 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

so with reluctance i have recently started to play the Colorado, and hearing many things about the "LOLorado" and "Craparado", i was quite confused about what the heck they were yapping about

this ship has the literately the best dispersion i have ever seen in a BB, the armor can bounce 365MM with ease and 406MM...kinda bouncing off, the handling is wonderful, and the AA isn't all that bad, but the main thing about the colorado is it's guns, i cant sing enough praises of them, IIRC these things have 2.0 sigma and these two days i have just been farming DSs left and right, if not for the fact the oil drenched armor catches fire like a bonfire, and the sluggish speed, i would say this ship is one of the best performers at T7, but those issues can be solved by staying with the main fleet and not YOLOing

so i'm quite curious, why are people saying the nagato and 2 KM BBs are better? i have nagato and the shiny horse but i feel like the colorado is a lot more forgiving then both of them

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,003 battles

In my Colorado i can demolish Nagato's without any problem as It's guns are laser accurate for a BB. I haven't taken it out against the german BB's yet but I feel confident I can still demolish them. It's very easy to deal major damage on a large variety of ships, has decent AA & secondary's as well as a godly heal ability the only real major downside is It's slow speed on the larger maps for me. IMO It's a very underrated ship glad to see another convert :izmena:

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I understand the main concern on that ship is the salvo's shotgun spread. It was quite alright when I tested this ship back in Randoms during Public Testing.

345 posts
3,608 battles

In my Nagato, i demolish Colorados while ouside their range. In a short range battle? I still demolish them since i already took out most of their health.  :P

Edited by Loshirai14

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,453 battles

A lot of the negative sentiments are from Beta, where Colorado was pretty bad. She's been buffed since then (quite some time ago) and seems pretty good now, but her bad reputation still lingers.

As far as the others go, Nagato is a good match. Better at some things (mobility), worse at others (armour). Contrary to popular belief, my testing found Colorado to have better secondary firepower than Nagato - mostly due to Colorado firing HE exclusively and starting a lot more fires, while Nagato relies on AP secondaries for most of her damage, which are notoriously unreliable.

Too early to say how Scharnhorst compares, not to mention she's a wildly different vessel entirely, and I haven't sailed Gneisenau yet at all.

Edited by Unraveler

112 posts
5,463 battles

Colorado USED to be terrible (when I first played her). Reputations live on unfortunately, great ship for me but I free XPd to make her fully upgraded. She has been further buffed since then and is now quite strong. 'Slow and tanky but graceful' would be a fairly good summation of her. 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

BB vs BB warfare wise, she is excellent, combined with proper angling and you laugh at other tier 7 battleships shells. Cruisers warfare wise, it's not too good because low HP and fire damage is deadly. Don't forget about the amazing repair party though. Another reason why this ship is so bad is because it have to fight ships like Myoko and Atago. The Myoko and Atago are one of those ships where you can just hold down M1 and dominate battleships so I recommend you to stay at range. 

1,479 posts

Greetings

I love my Colorado, & no rubbish please about " oh, its OP"

the power is good, spread takes a bit of getting used to, & with mine ive beefed up the AA so now i can hang in fights better, & also use dispersion module & not turret speed module...

thats the main ship i used in my last rank battles... so she is a good one, if you have the patience to learn her

Ordrazz

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

After months of saying Colorado was fine, people are now actually singing praises to it.

Ya'll know who you are, bandwagon-jumping hypocrites.

What's next?

Mutsuki and Hatsuharu actually not bad?

Pepsicola and Tashkent actually good?

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

After months of saying Colorado was fine, people are now actually singing praises to it.

Ya'll know who you are, bandwagon-jumping hypocrites.

What's next?

Nagato and Colorado is neck to neck winrate wise. However, the German BB winrate is higher than the Saipan. Jesus

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

It is a very solid ship, my highest ever damage game was in it. STOCK HULL lol Colorado OP plz nerf. People who say this thing is UP and complain needs to git gud, don't know how they still don't know how to play USN BB at Colorado 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

so with reluctance i have recently started to play the Colorado, and hearing many things about the "LOLorado" and "Craparado", i was quite confused about what the heck they were yapping about

this ship has the literately the best dispersion i have ever seen in a BB, the armor can bounce 365MM with ease and 406MM...kinda bouncing off, the handling is wonderful, and the AA isn't all that bad, but the main thing about the colorado is it's guns, i cant sing enough praises of them, IIRC these things have 2.0 sigma and these two days i have just been farming DSs left and right, if not for the fact the oil drenched armor catches fire like a bonfire, and the sluggish speed, i would say this ship is one of the best performers at T7, but those issues can be solved by staying with the main fleet and not YOLOing

so i'm quite curious, why are people saying the nagato and 2 KM BBs are better? i have nagato and the shiny horse but i feel like the colorado is a lot more forgiving then both of them

i guess you never played her back in CBT. back when carrier still rule the sea, CV can easily half her HP because her stock hull has no AA.

she's a great ship now though. colorado can easily be match up against lower tier like V and VII, and lower BB caliber has real problem of penetrating her though armor.

[LBAS]
4,460 posts
25,598 battles

What's next?

there are more than once time people anger and complain about Colorado. She good but clumsy, so deal with it

Mutsuki there is one guy want to downgrade Mutsuki to T5 and put Minekaze to T6 with 610mm. I wonder if some one complain about Hatsuharu.

PepsiCola and TrashCan OMG

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

there are more than once time people anger and complain about Colorado. She good but clumsy, so deal with it

Mutsuki there is one guy want to downgrade Mutsuki to T5 and put Minekaze to T6 with 610mm. I wonder if some one complain about Hatsuharu.

PepsiCola and TrashCan OMG

as for tashkent, maybe it was back when Kiev is overpowered. as for the current tashkent i really like her, whenever i play my fletchter i try to stay way from tashkent because she was really high HP and i don't want to trade blows with a lower tier DD but has more HP than mine.

43 posts
15,150 battles

what i reaallly hate about this ship is its speed or lack of it....you have to anticipate where your teamates are goin or you'll be left behind. il like the guns, you can one shot cruisers with it.