You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RalphTheTheatreCat

Steven Seagull joins Wargaming as an "advisor". 1st April happens all year.

18 comments in this topic

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

I've sat back over the years and watched a lot of stuff happen in WOT/WOWS.    There have been some "oooohs", "aaahs" "What the hell?" , and then there are just some hardcore facepalm moments.

FY1HWXQ.jpg

I'm trying to work out if the vodka consumption in the WG PR department has skyrocketed because stuff like this makes you truly wonder.   After watching it I wondered if the head office is just trying to do a better job at dongbeating than the WOT NA office.

PQtXjvZ.gif

Just watching the video made me cringe so hard I got back spasms.   A "heroic battles expert" showed about as much enthusiasm for the game as my dead grandfather would, but I suppose he is allowed to be a bit low key after a career in martial arts, naval cookery and fat-arsed reserve sheriff.

Look forward to great insights such as;

"Its a great game.  It really teaches young people military tactics and naval strategy".

"I think I'm in one of the best ships"

Capped off by his ship burning to the waterline and being presented a "wargaming ukulele"

giphy.gif

Please enjoy the video...........

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

But why male models Steven Segal?

Like, seriously, this made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Maybe WG got pressured to give him a position or something. "Heroic Battle Expert" sounds like something made up on the spot away from the real development teams to get him out of the way...

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I think this is one of his best performances to date ;)

lel have you watched his performance in onion movie?

<snip>

same i don't really get what's with WG on this one. its not like steaven seagal is well known for younger people. (i bet nicolas cage is still more popular than him today)

i thinks the slavs totally lost it on this one.

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Why Seagull? Because he is well-known for being pro-Russian, and Wargamming is a Russian-biased company!~

No politics here. Don't ban Lewd-tan... Lewd-chan is only here for Takao. 

you're back, or this is a new account? :trollface:
Edited by yansuki

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

*necros thread.

Not only is he an 'advisor', he now captains my Erie.

Why they decided to give him Erie is anyone's guess.

I also notice that in-game he looks 20 years younger and about 20 kilos lighter. 

119 posts
2,076 battles

Looks like Mr Seagull has been eating too many chips, the kilos are really gaining.

Thats just his torpedo protection belt.

Good luck try to cause flooding with him!

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

But why male models Steven Segal?

Like, seriously, this made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Maybe WG got pressured to give him a position or something. "Heroic Battle Expert" sounds like something made up on the spot away from the real development teams to get him out of the way...

Mr Seagal, even though he mostly can be rated as a B movie actor these days, still has a large fan base the areas where the largest market for WoWS are.

That you can say the connection of him to WoWS is a bit far fetched, considering that his naval experiences stems from one movie, "Under Siege", marketingwise it makes sense, considering his fanbase in China, Japan, and the other far east countries, as well as Russia.