You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Best kraken farmer

13 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

ok guys I think this has been posted before but since the game has been though so much changes I will just ask again. What ship is the best to farm kraken with? Or what class (no cv plz)

205 posts
5,305 battles

Wouldn't it be great if we had the USS Kraken in game. Oh wait, that's a sub, crap ... :hiding:

Maybe lend your account to a player from the EU named Flamu? He gets the kraken ribbon a lot. He could probably do it with any ship you have in port  :trollface:  

On a more serious note, I have no idea what would be the ideal type or class of ship. I've gotten krakens using BBs, CAs/CLs, and DDs. I'm hopeless at CVs, so no hope there. My best was 8 kills in an Omaha, but that was a long time ago when the server was just full of noobs at that tier. I was also a uber potato then. Guess there were worse potatoes than me in that particular match.

Edited by Bunda369

784 posts
4,856 battles

I would've said an IJN CV since it's the easiest to secure kills with.

But since CVs are out, Kamikaze/Minekaze in a div with a CV. It's what I see Kraken achievements from most often when I'm the supporting CV(or even other people doing the supporting). I just have to let my Kamikaze/Minekaze teammate know where the enemy DDs are, and then he'll deal with the other ships with ease coz lol torps. Helps that I can scout for him whenever he smokes up.

[MEGA]
4,679 posts
18,030 battles

a BB/CA/gunboat DD would all do

as a BB you would want a ship with fast reload(pitz) or massive alpha(yamato), or amazing dispersion(colorado)

as a CA, you would need a ship that can do quite a bit of alpha with HE, like zao or atago, because DOT wont assure you a kill, or just play moskov and lolpenn anything

as a gunboat DD, you would either hunt down other DDs and use torps to your heart's contend(USN t9+) or a SVN DD that zips around and goes hunting for ships with very low HP(a dick move, but it works)

so it depends on what ships you have i guess

Edited by drakon233