You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
deathrides

BB Consumable that may encourage them to advance

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,353 battles

After giving the problem of bb's on the back line much thought and hearing the constant excuses about being scared of torpedoes I wondered what happened in real life well in later WW2 battleships had radar and I thought that if the WOW BB's had radar (different from the cruiser version) with a shorter range say 8 kilometres but longer duration say 1 minute and a quicker reset say 2.5 minutes and allow it to increase torpedo detection while active (or play with all of these figures) you give a BB a very useful addition but only if they are willing to close the range.

On a different matter I ground hard to get to the Ngeisenau to be disappointed by only having the option of the 15" guns please make the 11" guns available as an option in the modules tree or at least reduce the dispersion on the 15" ones a lot

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

No

This is where team work come into the game and cruisers and DDs are there for a reason.

Players of cruisers need to learn to support BBs more and support DDs more, just like DDs need to scout in front of BBs to help them out, BBs players also need to follow cruisers forward as well.

WG need to convey the different type of job roles of each type of class in the game and as yet they haven't done that. 

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,353 battles

No

This is where team work come into the game and cruisers and DDs are there for a reason.

Players of cruisers need to learn to support BBs more and support DDs more, just like DDs need to scout in front of BBs to help them out, BBs players also need to follow cruisers forward as well.

WG need to convey the different type of job roles of each type of class in the game and as yet they haven't done that. 

I totally agree with what you say as being the way it should be "" BUT "" like many things the way it should be and the way it is are different and the consumable I am suggesting is more to try and encourage BB players to do as you have said in the last part of your statement follow the others in instead of sitting way back and only being truly effective when the enemy comes to them . We both want the same thing to happen I dont think education alone will change what is currently happening  To clarify by close the range I dont mean close the range with the enemy I mean close up the range with the forward screen (which by default closes the range with the enemy). this consumable will allow a bb to stay close to the front screen in an area with islands and land mass's it should make very little difference in open water except against diving dd's

334 posts
13,009 battles

Things will change when they implement a system where you get xp for spotting and laying smoke team actions things. At the moment mostly everyone is out to do damage or cap because its the only way to earn xp credits etc

When playing dd I have tried things like laying smoke for bb to hide in or not firing and just staying close enough to spot enemy dd for cruisers and such but ur teammates let u down mostly because they are to preoccupied with their own little world. The bb you trying to cover sails right on through the smoke or the cruiser your spotting dd for fires at the easier to hit bb. The language barrier on the SEA server is a problem and when your in the middle of it who looks at the chat screen anyway. But by and large I think team play is improving over the last 9 months or so.

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

at this point they just need to fix it so that there are gamemodes that are freindly to all ship captain and like what you said grim the language barrier is a tuff one to over come but even though that is a problem i have been on 3 servers and it seems no one reads chat or helps eachother in battle. teambattle was a mess and ranked was ok  what they really need to do is create a system which rewards others with xp for spotting ect but until that day comes im gonna be playing overwatch

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

After giving the problem of bb's on the back line much thought and hearing the constant excuses about being scared of torpedoes I wondered what happened in real life well in later WW2 battleships had radar and I thought that if the WOW BB's had radar (different from the cruiser version) with a shorter range say 8 kilometres but longer duration say 1 minute and a quicker reset say 2.5 minutes and allow it to increase torpedo detection while active (or play with all of these figures) you give a BB a very useful addition but only if they are willing to close the range.

On a different matter I ground hard to get to the Ngeisenau to be disappointed by only having the option of the 15" guns please make the 11" guns available as an option in the modules tree or at least reduce the dispersion on the 15" ones a lot

You want radar that comes with hydroacoustic search capabilities on BBs?

Play the German BB line till you get T8-10.

At that point, you'll get exactly what you wanted.

"Short-ranged radar with torpedo-detection capability." It even lasts 2 minutes.

Edited by Stein_Grenadier