You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

retraining captain with premium ship.

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i just started grinding my new battleship line while training the captain with my scharnhorst. currently a level 8 captain for a tier VI german battleship. so when i retain the captain for the new tier IV german bb i just found out that you can actually uses premium ship to finish the retraining. :ohmy: i'm such a noob, i never knew premium ship has this function and not just for leveling captain and earning credits. now i just need to buy premium Russian ship for my russian DD line.

205 posts
5,305 battles

Nothing warms the heart like learning a new thing every day. Yeah, and while retraining, the premium doesn't suffer the normal 50% reduction in captain skills. Sweet, isn't it? And, still people want their premiums to not only have a different playstyle, they also want to be stronger than their tech tree counterparts. Oh well, WG aims to please their paying customers after all.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Wait are you ******* kidding me

Hang on do you mean retrain the captain and put it on the non premium and it is fully retrained or do you mean when you put captain on premium it's already retrained for the premium ship

Edited by FenrirApalis

205 posts
5,305 battles

Hang on do you mean retrain the captain and put it on the non premium and it is fully retrained or do you mean when you put captain on premium it's already retrained for the premium ship

You still have to retrain the captain. It's just the premium doesn't suffer the 50% reduction in captain skills. Once the captain is fully retrained, you can put him back to his original ship all ship shape and ready to do battle.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Yes, it works like that. If only I have high tier prem for each nation, I would do it actually. lol :P

But currently it's low & mid tier ships tier.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

no, what i mean is when you retrain the captain to a new ship, then transfer it to premium ship to finish the retraining faster and premium ship don't suffer 50% skill penalty.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i never knew premium ship has this function and not just for leveling captain and earning credits. now i just need to buy premium Russian ship for my russian DD line.

Oh my god, thanks for sharing man! I never realised it, and wouldn't if without you :)

actually i know this fact only for a month ago. .... this is a fact that that not everyone known (if only i known this, since a long time ago, retraining those IJN commander will be so much easy.....)

so dont be sad...... we are on the same boat :honoring:

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well basically you can spend $200,000 silver instead of the $500 doubloons when retraining a commander into a new ship and use a premium ship to retrain him.

It just means you will have to use your premium ships a lot more before you get to use that commander in your new tech tree ship.

yes it saves a lot of time using the $500 doubloons.

So you can just use the $200,000 silver for retraining commanders on ships of tier 7 and below but to retrain a commander in tier 8 ships and above you are looking at a lot of XP required to get him retrained and the doubloons do make it so much quicker.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,492 battles

There are some nations where 1 premium can work well retraining multiple lines. Eg, RU, gunboat DDs so the skills you have there work  well in a CA, so the Murmansk is a good option to retrain both DD and CA. Of course nothing shopping you retraining a BB in captain in a premium DD, except for all the no good skills of course.

It makes the new ship grinding much easier!

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,492 battles

Yea thats one reason i'm not super confident about buying prem ships that don't have a tech tree..

amen. I REALLY like the look of the Blyws, but just cannot justify one.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

That's the reason why I buy sims :D although retraining BB captain in a DD [redacted m8]

quick edit your post before red crayon!!!
Edited by FenrirApalis

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Yea thats one reason i'm not super confident about buying prem ships that don't have a tech tree..

i still brought Blyskawica though. she's a great destroyer. good for farming credits and for rank battle.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Wait whut is this captain training thing? Someone explain to me please, is it true I can transfer captains? So I didn't have to train one captain for every ship?! How does it work???

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Wait whut is this captain training thing? Someone explain to me please, is it true I can transfer captains? So I didn't have to train one captain for every ship?! How does it work???

no, you still have to retrain them. but its faster retraining them on premium ship because:

1. premium ship don't suffer from retraining penalties when transferring captain.

2. premium ship gain more exp than standard tech tree ship.

first you must retrain your captain to your desired ship, either pay 0 credits for 100% retraining or pay 200,000 credits to retrain them for 50%. then transfer the captain to a premium ship of same nation (or same class) to finish the rest retraining. with daily win bonus+kraken flag+confederate flag you can easily train even high level captain with premium ship.

i think its recommended up to 100k retraining points (then half to 50k exp by paying 200,000 credits) can easily retrain up to 10 or less games with a tier VII premium ship depending the performance on your game.

Edited by yansuki

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

no, you still have to retrain them. but its faster retraining them on premium ship because:

1. premium ship don't suffer from retraining penalties when transferring captain.

2. premium ship gain more exp than standard tech tree ship.

first you must retrain your captain to your desired ship, either pay 0 credits for 100% retraining or pay 200,000 credits to retrain them for 50%. then transfer the captain to a premium ship of same nation (or same class) to finish the rest retraining. with daily win bonus+kraken flag+confederate flag you can easily train even high level captain with premium ship.

i think its recommended up to 100k retraining points (then half by paying 200,000 credits) can easily retrain up to 10 or less games with a tier VII premium ship depending the performance on your game.

Ah I see, thanks! Guess it's time to buy myself a prem ship