You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bunda369

I understand the current BB heavy meta, but this is getting ridiculous

20 comments in this topic

205 posts
5,305 battles

Hey, we all know that the current BB heavy meta should run its course in a month or two, but I just had a game where I was the only CA, the opposing team also had only one CA, and the rest were BBs, CVs, and DDs.  :facepalm:

You can imagine the carnage when you're the only CA and there are 7 BBs all potentially shooting at you. It was not fun. Managed to do 65k+ damage before a Gnessy killed me. But, it was not fun at all. Sigh.

The way I figure it, in the long run this game will really turn into World of Battleships. And, their natural prey, CAs/CLs, will turn into an endangered species. Wonder if the new RN CL line will save the day?

shot-16.08.26_06.55.53-0788.jpg

shot-16.08.26_06.55.53-0788.jpg

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Dude just let the hype die down a little, it's not easy on the mm either

But why are you complaining, those BB should be easy damage and fires since you are in a Myoko. I would beg for that match

1,484 posts

ROTFLMAO!

the first day the german battleships came out, I was in my nassau, there were 16 nassaus, & 1 DD in each team....

Imagine what happened to those DDs ....

They thought to torpedo them all, but with those secondaries........

LOL

Ordrazz

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Play RU DD (I recommend using Unicumloi), get Witherer in 6 minutes and push BBs out of cap :trollface:

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

omg and the last 23 patches weren't cruiser meta?. Every class gets it's turn. Be patient.

And there are quite a few cruisers that are feasting on the high(er) numbers of BB's in battles.

I can suggest you use one of those.

Yes 23 patches is an exaggeration due to exasperation!. *gasp*.

205 posts
5,305 battles

Ah, I know the BB heavy game meta at the moment is due to the new KM BB line (what with two new and unique premium BBs as well). Hey, even WG admitted in one of their Q&A (see US forum) that they are becoming a bit concerned that BB play makes up more than 38% of all ships played, even before the KM BB line came out.

Don't get me wrong, I like my BBs, too. And, I can wait for the hype to die down. It's just that even WG saw a trend towards a heavy BB meta even before the KM line came out. We all know what happened when there was a IJN DD heavy meta ... nerfs until only the Fubuki is worth playing at high tier. We don't want that to happen to our precious BBs, do we?

Has there ever been a cruiser heavy meta? Even when the KM and RU cruiser lines came out, things were pretty normal, IIRC. There wasn't like a rush of KM or RU cruisers clogging up the MM. Maybe it will be different when the RN cruisers comes out. But, I doubt it.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Ah, I know the BB heavy game meta at the moment is due to the new KM BB line (what with two new and unique premium BBs as well). Hey, even WG admitted in one of their Q&A (see US forum) that they are becoming a bit concerned that BB play makes up more than 38% of all ships played, even before the KM BB line came out.

Don't get me wrong, I like my BBs, too. And, I can wait for the hype to die down. It's just that even WG saw a trend towards a heavy BB meta even before the KM line came out. We all know what happened when there was a IJN DD heavy meta ... nerfs until only the Fubuki is worth playing at high tier. We don't want that to happen to our precious BBs, do we?

Has there ever been a cruiser heavy meta? Even when the KM and RU cruiser lines came out, things were pretty normal, IIRC. There wasn't like a rush of KM or RU cruisers clogging up the MM. Maybe it will be different when the RN cruisers comes out. But, I doubt it.

Start of the year for the ARP event was cruiser heavy,and had the same effect the KM BB is having now.Long wait times unless you choose another class of ship.

The  only problem I see is that WG still haven't tuned the MM to let it match ships faster when one class is being spammed.If everyone wants to play BB like now,just put them straight into a game and clear the que.Thats what people want to play,so let them.

Last week when the KM BB hit it was getting a pain to try and grind the Nassau,so I just went in in T2-4 cruisers,WASD like crazy spammed HE! Fast way to get credits and XP.T7 would be harder though as you aren't as maneuverable.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Imagine what happened to those DDs ....

Same that happened to mine?

Free kills?

mgJiHEn.jpg

cdq02V7.jpg

Edited by Retia

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

It'll pass.

For now, I'm not touching CVs because of their AA. They're in-between their USN and IJN counterparts, but the sheer number of them means I can't strike anything without suffering squadrons of casualties- Especially when their team lemmings into a ball of AA.

Meanwhile, my helmsmen need to be souped up in energy boosters and require 30-minute naps for every 20-minute game.

21 posts
705 battles

I'm waiting for CV Meta :trollface:

Not gonna happen. Anyway some KM BB's has a very good AA stats and if i was in one of this matches with 3 of those and some cleaveland and Atlanta well shit i think i'll run out of planes sooner or later (And at least i did support the team even the whole thing is just going down.
Edited by Kaneko3003

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'm waiting for CV Meta

We had that in alpha.

It was basically:

Does your team have an AS CV? Y/N

Yes

Yay, you get to live... unless the enemy team also has an AS CV, then better hope your team has two.

No

I, _____________, an adult playing World of Warships, being of sound mind, declare this to be my Last Will and Testament.

I revoke all wills and codicils previously made by me....

205 posts
5,305 battles

It'll pass.

For now, I'm not touching CVs because of their AA. They're in-between their USN and IJN counterparts, but the sheer number of them means I can't strike anything without suffering squadrons of casualties- Especially when their team lemmings into a ball of AA.

Meanwhile, my helmsmen need to be souped up in energy boosters and require 30-minute naps for every 20-minute game.

I think some of the KM BB line from tier 6 onwards even rival or outright surpass their USN counterparts. The Kaiser at tier 4 has pretty respectable AA for her tier. 

Yeah, I've stopped playing CVs in random for the moment as well. Only take them out occasionally in co op. Bots don't know how to focus fire, but their cruisers know how to use defensive fire, hah.  :amazed:

54 posts
7,230 battles

In response tot eh OP,

BB heavy is still better than the usual DD heavy matches we normally see when there's no mission bias (particularly as most people plain ignore dd's, when they're more important to a match than cv's in most cases due to the few good cv' captains! How bad is it when the BB has to go hunting the dd's because your own dd's and cruisers refuse to shoot at them all match unless they get to within 4km!!). I'm sick of 6dd a side matches with the odd 8 dd a side one's that happen a few times a week as well (like yesterday, and no cv in that one either. The bb's and cruisers on each side knew from the start they were screwed, though my BB did bag 2 dd's before I was overwhelmed!)

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

The current BB meta is a great opportunity to stat pad DD damage, now every Minekaze game I play has at least 60k damage.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,986 battles

The current BB meta is a great opportunity to stat pad DD damage, now every Minekaze game I play has at least 60k damage.

Also lets me statpad CVs. Zuiho and Bogue thank you!

Zuiho BALANS.jpg

Zuiho BALANS.jpg