You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
petee

Ship won't respond

19 comments in this topic

507 posts
9,828 battles

What new fudge is this..I hit Rudder yet ship wont turn. I try to slow down yet the ship keeps going..

y5BI76Cg.jpg

783 posts
4,826 battles

It happens to me when I'm lagging or ping spikes.

Hopefully that's not the case for you and it's some other bug, coz if it is, not much you can do about it.

507 posts
9,828 battles

The ping was rather constant,i just left the ship like that just to see what it does. She kept going straight until i reset the rudder and changed again..:facepalm:

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

That's not the worst I would say... When I try to actively dodge but my rudder command doesn't come through and I run into island instead, that's the worst

507 posts
9,828 battles

are you sure your wireless keyboard still have a good batteries :P

lol..btw u can see the rudder is max to the port and from the wake, the ships been sailing in a straight line..

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

lol..btw u can see the rudder is max to the port and from the wake, the ships been sailing in a straight line..

yeah... maybe the game think you have rudder damage hile you arent...

the game is buid from 0 and 1, some error is inevitable 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

OH this rare bug, flamu talk about this bug before. you have to reset your rudder to neutral to make it turn again. it seem a really rare bug that been in the game for ages.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Sometimes I press for rudder shift, and when i come out of sniper mode to make sure i am infact turning to avoid the island, I see my rudder still dead centre, and im headed straight for island, or torps in the water line o' spam.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

That's not the worst I would say... When I try to actively dodge but my rudder command doesn't come through and I run into island instead, that's the worst

Sometimes that happens to me.. when I'm in a serious situation shooting at an enemy focused on him while holding A or D ship's rudder wont shift and i always end up blocking an ally or ramming into an ally.

695 posts
2,153 battles

How many keys are you pressing at the same time?  Some times it will only take a few keys simultaneously.  The next key even thou you press it it will not response until you lift one of the other keys. 

507 posts
9,828 battles

How many keys are you pressing at the same time?  Some times it will only take a few keys simultaneously.  The next key even thou you press it it will not response until you lift one of the other keys. 

Well atmost i held 2, even then i let go of all the keys and it still kept going straight..On that note my Keyboard does have N-Key rollover, unless its the Game engines limitation..

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

one or two max. Flamu showed this in a video as well. Often when you are busy dodging, you dont notice that your ship isnt responding until its too late. 

Edit: My net is really good, i get 45ms ping without any lag spike. so dont think its due to latency. I might be wrong tho.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I don't think that is the case, with my keyboard i can press three keys at a time and still get response.

I think this has something to do with using the rudder when frequently zooming in and out. On most of the times this happened to me, I was doing just that.

Yea that was the issue I noticed it Yesterday when I zoom in on a target then press shift and zoom out then instantly I press and hold A or D it wont work 

But I don't think Petee is referring to this problem

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

It is more like I was pressing 'D' and suddenly the rudder starts going back to center even I am still pressing the button. Then I have to release and re-press.

I use mechanical keyboard, I can press 12-15 buttons at a time without issue.