You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
unknownaussie

Going Pink for stupid reasons

25 comments in this topic

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

going pink because your team mate is being childish and turns into your torps on purpose why do you get the team killer status when they were the one trolling

how the game different between the killed one is trolling or the shooter one is ?

beside pink dont mean anything.....

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

how do you know it was intentional? might have just been a honest mistake, like not expecting a friendly to spam torps behind him

Edited by drakon233

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I once formed into friendly torps even though I saw them because I was going to get my torps off, is that still intentional? No, that guy shouldn't have fired torps when I am in front of him. If anyone is able to turn into your torps then you are not shooting them to the right spots mate

18 posts
7,452 battles

Shore we make mistakes but what is wrong with it now is while you are pink every little bit of damage you or your team mates inflict on you costs you more and more days of been pink now that is stupid. Like at the start of match ship behind takes off and brushes your side as it passes 1 extra day of pink. Stay well away from the whole team or pay.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You know is worse?

Your AP shells bounces from enemy and it hit the citadel of your friendly who charges the ship you intend to shot. And then,

you got pink.

I have clear it in one day though.

Man, RNG is being RNG.

is that even possible

is it confirmed?

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,462 battles

is that even possible

is it confirmed?

I'd like to know. I would be VERY surprised if that mechanic existed

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

It's your fault for second line torping. Learn to torp and withhold from torping if their is an allied ship in front.

^ THIS !!!

Me as DD player take this as 1st rules of Torpedoes Attack

Make sure no one in ur line of fire, In the case of danger close "which you sure that is worth the risk" always warn friendly before/after dropping ur payload, otherwise no drop.

I did made mistake time to time but always minimize the chance.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

i have not in all my 6500 matches turned pink except when i TKed a kawachi in t10, because i make sure i never torp when a ally is infront of me, and that is pretty much the only way you can turn pink by accident

220 posts
3,420 battles

I was zoomed up focus firing not knowing I'd pulled up against a team ship where I proceeded to nail him, I'm sure that got me one of my 5 pinks

76 posts
6,184 battles

I'm new here and I don't really understand what 'going pink' is. Is it when you accidentally hit a team mate during a battle? I've done that (and always say 'sorry',) but my ship icon hasn't gone pink. Is it the number of times you do it? It's hard to avoid it if a team mate's ship cuts across your line of fire - I try to stop firing until he is clear, but that does not always work cos of the time it takes for the shells to hit.

1,124 posts

do not expect every one in your team gonna watch their back for friendly torp.

it's everyone job to make sure no friendly in line of torpedoes if they gonna use it. not only DD but every ship that have torpedo!

I can't count how many time I almost die because stupid friendly CA torp =w='a

220 posts
3,420 battles

I'm new here and I don't really understand what 'going pink' is. Is it when you accidentally hit a team mate during a battle? I've done that (and always say 'sorry',) but my ship icon hasn't gone pink. Is it the number of times you do it? It's hard to avoid it if a team mate's ship cuts across your line of fire - I try to stop firing until he is clear, but that does not always work cos of the time it takes for the shells to hit.

Yes you get a pink icon instead of the standard white, One bad move won't make you pink and I'm not sure how they work it out, in game some will comment with a smart remark ..until they go pink..everyone has a pink time :).

I sort of hang my head in shame when it happens but make lite of it with an off the cuff witty comment such as.."I'm Pink" , they then can't tell me I'm Pink because I'm not 5 years old.

1,162 posts

is that even possible

is it confirmed?

I dont know actually, all my ribbon says ricochet, but a sec after that announcer said "We destroy an allied cruiser".

I dont think its secondary, right? Since they add mechanics that secondary wont do any damage to allied.

So yeah... I am so confused about this.

Its not possible?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

this Tuesday in a game with my taskent, i hit an tier 5 friendly kamikaze on the bow when i'm trying to are deny the middle of trap map. he's not paying attention where he was going but he manage to survive the hit with only 5k damage. this is the first time i hit an allied with torpedo since CBT and i didn't turn pink at all.

76 posts
6,184 battles

Yes you get a pink icon instead of the standard white, One bad move won't make you pink and I'm not sure how they work it out, in game some will comment with a smart remark ..until they go pink..everyone has a pink time :).

I sort of hang my head in shame when it happens but make lite of it with an off the cuff witty comment such as.."I'm Pink" , they then can't tell me I'm Pink because I'm not 5 years old.

Thanks for that mate - one more question. How long do you stay pink, or does it last forever. Lol, in my first battle I fired at a pink ship cos I thought it was the enemy. :D

220 posts
3,420 battles

I've thought about this myself..I didn't take notice but It was like 5 clean battles to get back to white as I remember..I've been "clean" myself now for 1000 battles but hey pinks does look good, sort of special lol and will look forward to my next one.

I got all involved in one game last week and launched into a teamy ..no idea why I didn't see the green above his name but it happens, I got about 3 salvo's in before it hit me...eeek I thought and did the big I'm Sorry for being a dick :)..he said nothing and we all moved on to a happier place.

And I didn't get all Pinked up for some reason.

Edited by OraPits

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,462 battles

going pink because your team mate is being childish and turns into your torps on purpose why do you get the team killer status when they were the one trolling

you went pink because you launched torpedoes that created the possibility. You remind me of a guy that team killed me a while back by second line torpedoes. His repsonse when I made the expected 'wtf' comment was to say he thought I would sail in a straight line. While I was in a DD. In a gunfight. Your fault.

892 posts
7,853 battles

We just need to be more mindful by looking at the mini map and being aware of team mates' positions and directions before releasing torps while playing DD or any ship armed with torps.

168 posts
5,659 battles

how do you know it was intentional? might have just been a honest mistake, like not expecting a friendly to spam torps behind him

^this

Had a game in the Kaiser ruined on the weekend when I turned away from an enemy DD that was lining me up and ran into our Kuma's torpedo salvo instead...