Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Rarely see divisions do well

39 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

I have read in countless threads here that if you want to do better, increase your chances of winning, avoid the impact of stupid team mates etc. That the advice is to form a division.

However, I rarely see players in divisions do well and/or have an impact on the match. You might see one player from a division do well but that is only after his division mates have been killed, after doing very little towards the overall team effort, which allows the sole survivor to play unhampered. 

This is because they are mainly concerned with where their division mates are and supporting them rather than the whole team and the objective. 

Regards,

Lone wolf Trojan63.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

Also, most of the division consist of friends that know nothing, same as the div leader. Except one occasion I saw "petee" or someone name more or less like that.. He a good player, div with 2 very bad player.. We lose that game, but i guess his team mate surely learn alot from him. How to tank, regroup and such.. (its not naming and shaming.. more like praising him - even the name also maybe incorrect).

For elite player they normally div with equally skilled player. that most of time wont have issue.. but problem is the "all clueless div". I myself dont do div.. no time.. and I also have bad skill. Just sharing.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Just being in a division isn't enough - there's also stuff like picking mutually-supporting ships, being on the same tier, voice-comms, etc, that turns a division into a three-ship battle unit that knows how to wield considerable influence on a battle's outcome.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Just being in a division isn't enough - there's also stuff like picking mutually-supporting ships, being on the same tier, voice-comms, etc, that turns a division into a three-ship battle unit that knows how to wield considerable influence on a battle's outcome.

Mutually supporting ships I do not see helping eg. BB, CA and DD. All will hang back waiting for/supporting/spotting their BB while the rest of the team strives for the objective, sometimes as we all know, and therefore is 3 ships short and should not be hampered about catering with a division is doing.

Same tier, yes I agree.

Voice comms is not required in any match division or not, the objectives are clearly defined as too are what areas and team mates need support/attention.

Well, the performance of a division still depends on the players forming said division, no?

Potato + potato + potato = french fries.

Exactly, though I prefer scolloped potatoes :) Would be much better if those in divisions had their own mode to battle it out akin to team battles.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

Well, the performance of a division still depends on the players forming said division, no?

Potato + potato + potato = french fries.

Exactly!

496 posts
4,170 battles

it really depends on the players 

personally i can't do anything <- suppose vulgarity 

warship today stats for me is bad like for divisions

background : i don't have many friends

most i play is with a irl friend but we have different mind set im more of a theoretical and more close range  

and he is more of a mid-long range person <- he does it well

but when in division i get this feeling like there is someone who will cover and assist me welp no

so i usually do terrible so i stop division and solo mostly

sometimes i division pve with my other viet friend cuz reasons  

and the most recent division is with kyo n rena well we play tier 10 and have no voice communication , we all are from different countries but we do quite well because we know what we have to do. so it all depends on the players.

Edited by ShiraYukira

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

I donno, divisions with people you know guarantees two fewer potatoes.  Even if your div mates are not that good, if you are on voice chat at least you can know what they are planning to do, and pla your own moves around it

From my own WR

Solo 2584 matches, 54.61%

2-player 280 matches, 63.21%

3-player 96 matches, 66.67%

Granted I tend to seal club a bit when I div, but the stats still show that division is better for individual players.  If you have 3 coordinated potatoes you still have 3 coordinated players.  Sometimes this helps the team, but more times it doesn't.  For instance 3 top-tier DDs who sit in the same smoke while capping the same spot are not contributing much to the team (even less so if they all got torped).

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

In the divs i usually play in we set each other up when we focus ships, so 1 of us might not get a kill in the game but the other 2 might get 2-3 each. This happens fairly often with me. And while winning is nice the fact that i am able to use voice chat to communicate with my team mates helps keep the game interesting, so i would rather Div than not to Div.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

atleast when in division, you wont charge alone......

also 

I have read in countless threads here that if you want to do better, increase your chances of winning, avoid the impact of stupid team mates etc. That the advice is to form a division.

Lone wolf Trojan63.

while making division with a player who have more experiece on the battle, the new player will learn more about battle awearness, when to push and when to retreat, 

the reason why i keep telling them to form a division because i my self have taste the benefit of division match.....

running with those great players make me learn what i'm lacking. and slowly but sure, i became a better player. 

so i really grateful to those player who willing to form div with a bad player like me....

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

However, I rarely see players in divisions do well and/or have an impact on the match. You might see one player from a division do well but that is only after his division mates have been killed, after doing very little towards the overall team effort, which allows the sole survivor to play unhampered. 

This is because they are mainly concerned with where their division mates are and supporting them rather than the whole team and the objective. 

Regards,

Lone wolf Trojan63.

just as a reminder, most of the SEA T10 fishing teams have 65%+ WR, divisions can and will impact the course of the battle, it's just a matter of how good the players in a div is, if it is a potato div, make mashed potatoes, if it is a unicum team, then good luck for whoever is on the receiving end of their firepower

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

because the lack of CV, BB player feel that they dont need AA cover anymore, but if the CV player is back, then my cleaveland will have job to do :D

making a Div of 3 BB is powerfull, but 2 BB and 1 CL is alsoo good

Edited by XP_On

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

making a Div of 3 BB is powerful

Actually 3 BB div is last thing i want., by doing so we have to rely on random DD to do good (which time to time feel impossible lol)

I ended up so frustrating last night to the point that i have to bring out my Fletcher, and yea thats feel really good :D:D:D  

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

just as a reminder, most of the SEA T10 fishing teams have 65%+ WR

drakon233 the fisher, please dont fish me little melon :(

3 kahb div

3 Gremyashchy "This is wrong" -nchnch 2016

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

3 Gremyashchy "This is wrong" -nchnch 2016

"We have 2 Yamato, but over there have 3 Unicums and one of them is Melon" ~ Harpoon01

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

oh mighty melon who fishes with the greats such as R3, nch and deathskyz, plz no fish poor little drakon who just want to make credits and feed my starving crew, plz, they have family, lives, spare them oh great and mighty melon

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

"We have 2 Yamato, but over there have 3 Unicums and one of them is Melon" ~ Harpoon01

oh mighty melon who fishes with the greats such as R3, nch and deathskyz, plz no fish poor little drakon who just want to make credits and feed my starving crew, plz, they have family, lives, spare them oh great and mighty melon

Why everyone pointing finger at me.. Clearly R3 and others carry me, i didnt do anythings im not fisher, when solo im so noob :( 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Why everyone pointing finger at me.. Clearly R3 and others carry me, i didnt do anythings im not fisher, when solo im so noob :( 

but even as your teammates, i feel the urge to kill you...... so it is normal for enemy to target you first.......

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

What i did to u XP_On.. 

nothing..... it just i feel sooo peace if i can shoot you :D

Sign in to follow this