Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BroOfBrighton

first impressions ?

17 comments in this topic

231 posts
3,548 battles

OK 1 week in , and the GE BB line are a raging hit ..... to the point where every games got the same ships ....

is this a weird dream? nope for those of us waiting patiently for the GE line , we have not been dissapointed 

Although i was hesitant on purchasing Scharnorst .. its been 2 hours since i purchased , and i guess the numbers speak for themselves :)

worldofwarships%202016-08-24%2022-15-27-05_zpsr1gxsqnk.png

161 posts
5,905 battles

I've dropped WoWS for a while after a couple of months of grinding German CAs back when the line was just released, just came back for moar Krupp Stahl.

My stats are not that good... but I've got some great games in her.

No regrets, no hesitation, no remorse

ps. I'm regretting not having the replay on and a prem account

lMdQdYD.jpg

231 posts
3,548 battles

Its just one of those ships that feels right yano? 

it turns really well , good speed , good dispersion , just a great all round ship , up there with almost tirpitz but just doesnt pack the punch it has 

im loving it , and i def didnt think it was going to be such a great ship after using the Gneis 

worldofwarships%202016-08-24%2022-17-57-92_zpsw3mjucu2.png

231 posts
3,548 battles

I've dropped WoWS for a while after a couple of months of grinding German CAs back when the line was just released, just came back for moar Krupp Stahl.

My stats are not that good... but I've got some great games in her.

No regrets, no hesitation, no remorse

ps. I'm regretting not having the replay on and a prem account

lMdQdYD.jpg

great numbers in that game you had !

161 posts
5,905 battles

great numbers in that game you had !

Thanks! Those numbers came without any torps, I'm quite surprised with how the guns can actually performs, damage and penetration wise but I'm not quite a fan of her dispersion. I've lost count on how many salvo I've lost to the extreme dispersion even at below 10km range. And she burns quite easily facing HE spammers. Nevertheless she's a very versatile BB which can fill most roles when needed and very forgiving when played. I'm having a blast with her more than Tirpitz now :D.

I should start grinding the main BB line ...

231 posts
3,548 battles

Thanks! Those numbers came without any torps, I'm quite surprised with how the guns can actually performs, damage and penetration wise but I'm not quite a fan of her dispersion. I've lost count on how many salvo I've lost to the extreme dispersion even at below 10km range. And she burns quite easily facing HE spammers. Nevertheless she's a very versatile BB which can fill most roles when needed and very forgiving when played. I'm having a blast with her more than Tirpitz now :D.

I should start grinding the main BB line ...

tirpitz is one of the greatest ships . 

although the bismark is just as good this german line feels so ... natural lol

753 posts
8,965 battles

I've lost count of the amount of Scharnorst that I've sunk, but then if you are in any premium ship in any tier in my sphere of the match then you are my prime target.

:)

450 posts
7,896 battles

Stop telling how great Schanhorst is. Or else, WG will start nerfing it and turn it into crap.

Just like the spread of Tirpitz

205 posts
5,305 battles

Stop telling how great Schanhorst is. Or else, WG will start nerfing it and turn it into crap.

WG rarely, if ever, nerfs premiums. They perhaps get an indirect fleet-wide nerf, but I've yet to see a direct one. And, sometimes, due to power creep or changed game meta, some premiums feel UP. Don't worry, WG eventually buffs UP premiums. But, I don't think they will nerf OP ones.  

/edit

And, then, of course there are the noobs who buy premiums when they first get into the game. Just had a game with a noob Saipan and a noob Scharnhorst on the opposing team. First, the Saipan sends all her fighters and TBs into a gaggle of 3 BBs and 2 CAs, which included a Texas. All planes got shot down in no time without even one torp being launched. The Saipan was a non-entity thereafter.

The Scharnhorst just humped the border at the back sniping. I didn't even see her until the match was nearly over when we were all hunting for the Saipan. The Scharnhorst was at full health ... and was second last on her team.

Our Hiryu was definitely an expert. She got a Confederate medal, 2 kills, and shooting down half the Saipan's planes (the Saipan ran out of fighters near the end ... incomplete squadrons taking off), as well as coming up second in the table. I was first, coz I managed to do 2 solo caps ... in an ARP Myoko, no less, haha.  Blatant tooting of own horn, haha.  :teethhappy:

Edited by Bunda369

161 posts
5,905 battles

I'm quite curious about Tirpitz although I'm not quite sure but did WG done anything to Tirpitz dispersion? From what I recalled from before Tirpitz dispersion used to be much tighter, now I just keep throwing the shells into the water. Just my personal speculation though maybe my aiming is a bit off.

205 posts
5,305 battles

I'm quite curious about Tirpitz although I'm not quite sure but did WG done anything to Tirpitz dispersion? From what I recalled from before Tirpitz dispersion used to be much tighter, now I just keep throwing the shells into the water. Just my personal speculation though maybe my aiming is a bit off.

I don't recall any announcement by WG that they changed anything to Tirpitz's guns. But, her sigma of 1.8 is the worst of the tier 8 BBs. I think all German BB's from tier 6 onwards have that sigma. So, at the higher tiers, they can appear a bit off perhaps?

Also, iChase suspects (only speculation, he says), that if you use the upgrade that increases gun accuracy (reduce dispersion), your aiming better be damn accurate. Otherwise, you'll be scattering shots all over when your aim is off.

I've kinda tested iChase's theory in the training room, with and without the aiming upgrade. On still targets, EVERY shot hits dead center with great groupings. On moving targets, aiming is so important, with or without the upgrade. Great aiming gets you great grouping of shells. Aim a bit off, and I think, just like iChase suspects, the game engine tries to compensate by scattering your shots to try to get a hit.

Tin foil hat time, hehe.  :hiding:

Edited by Bunda369

161 posts
5,905 battles

Oh, thanks for the info. I guessed it my aim after all. 

Maybe, lately I'm more used to Scharnhorst 11'' trajectory and my aim with 15'' might not be accurate enough and I do put the dispersion module on Tirpitz while my aim is a bit off so yeah, the shots just scattered everywhere and goes according to iChase's Theory. I'll try to get some more games in Tirpitz, test it out a bit and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up. :hiding:

[KEBAB]
44 posts
5,040 battles

KM BBs actually force stubborn BB players to switch to HE.

At long last, they're learning to switch shells appropriately.

Welp, totally agree with that. Had a Nagato fire HE at long range to me in Gneis, it was annoying as every HE shell is a fire chance xD

231 posts
3,548 battles

However great the ships up to t7 are , T8 bizmark is somewhat ....... Well not as good as the other ships in the line , unsure why , just doesn't feel as "on point" as the others

Edited by BroOfBrighton

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,893 battles

WG rarely, if ever, nerfs premiums. They perhaps get an indirect fleet-wide nerf, but I've yet to see a direct one. And, sometimes, due to power creep or changed game meta, some premiums feel UP. Don't worry, WG eventually buffs UP premiums. But, I don't think they will nerf OP ones.  

/edit

And, then, of course there are the noobs who buy premiums when they first get into the game. Just had a game with a noob Saipan and a noob Scharnhorst on the opposing team. First, the Saipan sends all her fighters and TBs into a gaggle of 3 BBs and 2 CAs, which included a Texas. All planes got shot down in no time without even one torp being launched. The Saipan was a non-entity thereafter.

The Scharnhorst just humped the border at the back sniping. I didn't even see her until the match was nearly over when we were all hunting for the Saipan. The Scharnhorst was at full health ... and was second last on her team.

Our Hiryu was definitely an expert. She got a Confederate medal, 2 kills, and shooting down half the Saipan's planes (the Saipan ran out of fighters near the end ... incomplete squadrons taking off), as well as coming up second in the table. I was first, coz I managed to do 2 solo caps ... in an ARP Myoko, no less, haha.  Blatant tooting of own horn, haha.  :teethhappy:

Sounds like a game I was in last night. My Mitsuki was constantly spotted by aircraft and hunted by a Fletcher and a few cruisers who quickly scared off my support cruiser(s.) After my demise I spent some time watching our Scharnhorst who was pink and hung way back mostly forward/reversing behind an island....and took a few tentative shots at the opposing Scharnhorst who was menacing/decimating some cruisers then started taking torpedo hits from a DD which popped up behind him.   

231 posts
3,548 battles

It's unreal watching other players use ships which in the hands of a capable captain can cause major havoc , I myself watch other players .the scharnorst is undoubtably a ship that can take on every cruiser on the map and kill bn aswell , usually most will push on into a column of ships , but some hang back to snipe , and are usually the last to die

Sign in to follow this