You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sammuell

How to encourage team

30 comments in this topic

450 posts
7,896 battles

Dear all, I wonder how to encourage the team to do something that is needed to win the game?

In the past five games, my team and I lose because no one capped.... the game finished in 9 minutes because no one capped. 

I was in my Budyonny doing important stuff like burning the enemy CV to death and saving my Bogue from evil DDs, when the whole team were everywhere other than somewhere close to the cap.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

Well in my BB i often use F3 to ask someone to cap then F7 to request assistance before going in myself while spamming F7 Help Me I'm Going to Die. Sometimes i even get other players come in with me, this is Guaranteed to work 1/10,000 times :izmena:

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

I've had luck with polite suggestions and other times repeatedly reminding the team what they should be doing has worked.

It all depends on the team though because aiming for mediocrity for some teams seems all too hard at times.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Dear all, I wonder how to encourage the team to do something that is needed to win the game?

In the past five games, my team and I lose because no one capped.... the game finished in 9 minutes because no one capped. 

I was in my Budyonny doing important stuff like burning the enemy CV to death and saving my Bogue from evil DDs, when the whole team were everywhere other than somewhere close to the cap.

when you try to make other 11 player move like you want, it is almost impossible,

if you have division, then the number you need to argue is reduced into 9.....so it help to play in division

Beta Tester
908 posts

Dont bother, this is a feature of this server.

Just do whatever you want. Win lose is so RNG dependent now. If MM wants you to win it will. If it doesn't you will have snipping BBs that refuse to move an inch. And they don't have god like aim either.

112 posts
5,463 battles

I find random abuse helps...

No but seriously, pinging the map seems to work. Some people have absolutely no situational awareness, this isn't their fault. Just pointing it out helps them switch on. Like real life I guess...

266 posts
5,142 battles

Not using insulting words and praising them when they actually do something right usually works better than using harsh or demeaning ones. At least that's how I find it so far.

Of course, there will still be a lot of times when they simply don't care or don't listen. And in that case, just do whatever you want and accept that match as a loss.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

You need to keep it simple.

Step 1: Point your ship at the closest cap zone.

Step 2: Set full speed.

Step 3: Press F7 repeatedly.

Step 4: Switch to F8 when the shooting starts. Don't stop pressing that F8 key now.

Step 5: Blame your teammates for your inexplicable death.

Step 6: If they go on to win, know that it was your masterful plan that carried the day. If they don't thank you, report them.

Step 7: Upon defeat, blame your teammates again. Those fools just don't have your keen grasp of tactics and strategy. Report them.

161 posts
5,147 battles

play German heavy cruise go rush braindead bb kill em with trop then rekt japanese and us cruise with ap at 7 km you get 2~3 kill then you die and lose you get 2.3k exp and 100k credit.

thats how i play if my team camping at back

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

It's all in how you phrase your communications. Pose a friendly question such as: "Did anyone try the new <F5> aiming view?" and you'll get a very positive response.

450 posts
7,896 battles

or you could just.... play DD yourself and carry the team that doesn't cap?

Yea, I am playing DD in my CA as not a single person was capping, then i notice a DD dangerously close to a CV and I have to rush over there to distress.

when you try to make other 11 player move like you want, it is almost impossible,

if you have division, then the number you need to argue is reduced into 9.....so it help to play in division

.I wasn't trying to control them. but the game mode was domination,. so I expected them to do some domination related stuff, like capping.

82 posts
2,939 battles

start using chat to remind people that they are playing with live humans not introverted AI's. and try not to use the horribly unpolished f commands. seriously, who made these.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Yea, I am playing DD in my CA as not a single person was capping, then i notice a DD dangerously close to a CV and I have to rush over there to distress.

.I wasn't trying to control them. but the game mode was domination,. so I expected them to do some domination related stuff, like capping.

trust me, life will be lot easier if you can actually control your teammates :p

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You need to keep it simple.

Step 1: Point your ship at the closest cap zone.

Step 2: Set full speed.

Step 3: Press F7 repeatedly.

Step 4: Switch to F8 when the shooting starts. Don't stop pressing that F8 key now.

Step 5: Blame your teammates for your inexplicable death.

Step 6: If they go on to win, know that it was your masterful plan that carried the day. If they don't thank you, report them.

Step 7: Upon defeat, blame your teammates again. Those fools just don't have your keen grasp of tactics and strategy. Report them.

Brilliant,  you sir must get a medal :medal:

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

Just don't waste any time suggesting shit to the team, they ignore it anyway. Just play your best and hope the team don't melt like butter. People say DDs don't cap actually mean DDs on their team isn't capping, while the enemy DDs are capping fine, that means DDs don't cap is an invalid statement. And always try to see if you can save a teammate.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

Just don't waste any time suggesting shit to the team, they ignore it anyway. Just play your best and hope the team don't melt like butter. People say DDs don't cap actually mean DDs on their team isn't capping, while the enemy DDs are capping fine, that means DDs don't cap is an invalid statement. And always try to see if you can save a teammate.

This ^^

It's all you can do. Don't be a muppet and spam F7 and F8.

Nobody cares whether you are trouble or need help.

Unfortunately as a team game, this one falls well short.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

always ask your team to back up your destroyer. with that your destroyer will actually has guts to cap in domination. but sometimes your DD will just says screw you, imma use border to sneak and hut for the carrier, which will sign their death warrant.

450 posts
7,896 battles

always ask your team to back up your destroyer. with that your destroyer will actually has guts to cap in domination. but sometimes your DD will just says screw you, imma use border to sneak and hut for the carrier, which will sign their death warrant.

They scream "Banzai" and played Kamikaze DDs....

5 posts
2,491 battles

I've noticed people often resort instantly to insults to try and get their team to do things eg. "Retard Kongo sniping at back" or "Idiot DD not capping".

When I receive insults like this I just switch off, completely ignore the person, and feel like doing anything BUT what they want.

I've noticed using the word 'please' in chat goes a very long way. Sounds cliche I know, but it really does work. Also, telling someone why you want them to do something helps as well. Instead of "Kongo please stop sniping", say "Kongo please push forward to support our cruisers so they don't get targeted and killed". If people can see the logic in your polite requests, they will rarely refuse them.

However, this is the square-speaking server so ignore everything I just said because language barriers are fun.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Mostly you need to talk(chat) before the battle starts so that your team and you are on the same page but when you are 6 or 7 mins into the battle you cannot encourage them to do something to get back the losing game., that is because players will make up their own stratergy even if it is running away because they are getting focused or get revenge upon enemies who did damage upon them (players like me) 

So precious time to talk to the team is before 1 min into the battle or time before battle starts.

Sometimes you cannot encourage players because their language is different than you and they don't understand what you say.. Best example is the boxes we see in the chat.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ