You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bitrot

0.5.11.0 has RN cruisers in it

42 comments in this topic

166 posts
7,992 battles

If you go visit your favourite data mining site 0.5.11.0 has the RN cruisers in it ; I guess for ST's.  So maybe, hopefully 5.11 or at least 5.12 so that is some nice news :-)

There are also some wide spread armour changes, across IJN BB and CL/CA, VMF CA's and high tier DD's, some USN BB's and both USN and IJN CV's.  Don't know what the armour changes are, not looked close enough but some have multiple hulls changed as well as the armour on some main batteries (incl. Dunkerque).  Maybe it's just the on going model update.

4,163 posts
1,877 battles

Right, since this has popped up on the forums, I guess I'll address this.

STs - you know your NDA. I don't really need to remind you guys. Remember that those actually count as civil contracts and thus have repercussions if they are broken.

For non-STs, I know none of you agreed to any NDAs. There's really nothing stopping you guys from discussing NDA'd content, to be frank. The mods haven't locked any of the prior threads regarding leaked stuff. But I hope you keep this one thing in mind.

Lesta (that's our WoWS developers) doesn't like leaks. At all. Leaks tend to create a lot of unnecessary drama and also tells the competition what the studio is doing. That's why ST has an NDA in place, to guarantee that stuff under testing stays under wraps so the devs can focus on their work in balancing the ships. Lesta has very kindly extended the ST program to NA, EU and Asia in recognition of the fact that players on all the different servers may play a lot differently than each other. What the ST program does is allow dedicated players from all across the various servers to not only provide feedback on ships under development, but also generate raw data in the form of match statistics recorded server side for the developers to peruse. By doing so, STs help out the developers in figuring out how to balance ships and maintain that important communications channel between the playerbase and the dev team.

Back in the early 2010s when World of Tanks was still new, SuperTest balancing was done purely by the Russian server, and that ended up resulting in a lot of balance changes that seemed odd to non-RU players due to more aggressive playstyles and possible regional biases. NA and EU, at the least, brought this up to Wargaming, and Wargaming extended the ST program to those two regions as well. Unfortunately, NA and EU promptly got very arrogant about their new privileges, and ended up leaking a LOT of things in development to the playerbase, disregarding the non-disclosure agreement they had with Wargaming. As a direct consequence, the ST program on World of Tanks was shut down and that route of communication was closed. Further balance changes for incoming patches proceeded without the input of the NA and EU communities apart from the forum posts, and given how many forum posts there can be on any single day, it's hard to weed out good feedback from bad through that.

Right now, we've got the same privileges in World of Warships from NA, EU and Asia. That's right, privileges. At the end of the day, the developers are free to completely ignore feedback and balance the game as they see fit, using only their internal test team. However, the opening of ST teams on NA, EU and Asia have given these three communities the chance to participate in the development process by giving developers the data that help in making the game balanced, and actually fun to play. However, if all these content leaks keep happening, it may very well be that Lesta will go the same route as what WG did back in WoT and shut down the ST program entirely, closing down this important route of communication between our communities and the developers.

I've seen a lot of leaking of World of Warships content coming out recently - with the German battleship line, Scharnhorst, Belfast, as well as the Royal Navy shipline. As I said at the beginning, I know a lot of you never signed any NDAs and there's nothing stopping you guys from looking up all these leaked information. I know there's considerable excitement over new content, but while you're excited, I hope the community here keeps in mind why we have a ST program in the first place, and that the NDA is there for a reason. I, personally, am not fond of the data leakage sites (I know for one, TAP has a bit of a messiah complex with regards to leaking content), and personally, I feel they're pretty unscrupulous for making use of player excitement for new content to generate hits for their sites. But either way, I can't stop people from looking and discussing at leaked content. But I do hope, sincerely, that you guys think before discussing content that Lesta wants to keep under wraps.

166 posts
7,992 battles

Whoops, I was just excited. Been looking forward to the Royal Navy since I realised it wasn't in the game.  If it's an issue, just delete my post.

4,163 posts
1,877 battles

Whoops, I was just excited. Been looking forward to the Royal Navy since I realised it wasn't in the game.  If it's an issue, just delete my post.

It's fine - I know you're just excited (which is more than I can say for certain other people). Lots of people are excited, since we're finally seeing a tech tree line from pretty much the most famous naval nation (and aforementioned certain other people are exploiting that excitement for their own benefit). Just want the community to keep in mind what the NDA and ST means.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

the most famous naval nation

We're getting Vikings????

Edited by Retia

[HMASW]
1,559 posts

Right, since this has popped up on the forums, I guess I'll address this.

STs - you know your NDA. I don't really need to remind you guys. Remember that those actually count as civil contracts and thus have repercussions if they are broken.

For non-STs, I know none of you agreed to any NDAs. There's really nothing stopping you guys from discussing NDA'd content, to be frank. The mods haven't locked any of the prior threads regarding leaked stuff. But I hope you keep this one thing in mind.

Lesta (that's our WoWS developers) doesn't like leaks. At all. Leaks tend to create a lot of unnecessary drama and also tells the competition what the studio is doing. That's why ST has an NDA in place, to guarantee that stuff under testing stays under wraps so the devs can focus on their work in balancing the ships. Lesta has very kindly extended the ST program to NA, EU and Asia in recognition of the fact that players on all the different servers may play a lot differently than each other. What the ST program does is allow dedicated players from all across the various servers to not only provide feedback on ships under development, but also generate raw data in the form of match statistics recorded server side for the developers to peruse. By doing so, STs help out the developers in figuring out how to balance ships and maintain that important communications channel between the playerbase and the dev team.

Back in the early 2010s when World of Tanks was still new, SuperTest balancing was done purely by the Russian server, and that ended up resulting in a lot of balance changes that seemed odd to non-RU players due to more aggressive playstyles and possible regional biases. NA and EU, at the least, brought this up to Wargaming, and Wargaming extended the ST program to those two regions as well. Unfortunately, NA and EU promptly got very arrogant about their new privileges, and ended up leaking a LOT of things in development to the playerbase, disregarding the non-disclosure agreement they had with Wargaming. As a direct consequence, the ST program on World of Tanks was shut down and that route of communication was closed. Further balance changes for incoming patches proceeded without the input of the NA and EU communities apart from the forum posts, and given how many forum posts there can be on any single day, it's hard to weed out good feedback from bad through that.

Right now, we've got the same privileges in World of Warships from NA, EU and Asia. That's right, privileges. At the end of the day, the developers are free to completely ignore feedback and balance the game as they see fit, using only their internal test team. However, the opening of ST teams on NA, EU and Asia have given these three communities the chance to participate in the development process by giving developers the data that help in making the game balanced, and actually fun to play. However, if all these content leaks keep happening, it may very well be that Lesta will go the same route as what WG did back in WoT and shut down the ST program entirely, closing down this important route of communication between our communities and the developers.

I've seen a lot of leaking of World of Warships content coming out recently - with the German battleship line, Scharnhorst, Belfast, as well as the Royal Navy shipline. As I said at the beginning, I know a lot of you never signed any NDAs and there's nothing stopping you guys from looking up all these leaked information. I know there's considerable excitement over new content, but while you're excited, I hope the community here keeps in mind why we have a ST program in the first place, and that the NDA is there for a reason. I, personally, am not fond of the data leakage sites (I know for one, TAP has a bit of a messiah complex with regards to leaking content), and personally, I feel they're pretty unscrupulous for making use of player excitement for new content to generate hits for their sites. But either way, I can't stop people from looking and discussing at leaked content. But I do hope, sincerely, that you guys think before discussing content that Lesta wants to keep under wraps.

Here here !!

I fully support this post. 

I look forward to all the nice surprises that the great team at WG with every update & release., they do a mountain of hard work, complex designs & dedication to the original plans & performance to each ship, shell & island in every battle, & hence I do not even blink when I spend $80+ on a tirpitz, or $30+ on an a different ship like Krazny Krym or Mikasa. The excellent team deserve every penny of it for the million hours they put into the game.... I never moan at the prices.  If I wanted to pay nothing I would just play the free ships, but as a patriot I support my team, or in this case my number 1 game...

Now, I dont mind the speculation about new ships, new maps or changes to existing ships, I love the conjecture about what could be possible in an update or not, but when people start data mining, trying to get information before it's released, or picking the game apart to try to discover its secrets,  it takes away the anticipation,  the excitement of new ships or maps,  changes in performance so that we get the thrill of altering our play style to adapt.... it takes all the fun out of it, & replaces it with bitterness & loathing, resentment of upcoming things, because someone nit picks that they dont like something, then people follow,  & it creates anger...

Take the upcoming ship Dunkerque,  its not even out fully yet, & a lot of people have already dismissed it as a bad ship ! If it was bad,  the french wouldn't have e en built it... it would only need to be played a different way then the others...  its called skill. Variety. 

Please, no more data mining, no more leaks, no more broken NDA,  just lets praise the devs for all the hard work they do, by supporting them by buying premiums like I do, & lets just keep the healthy speculation about possible upcoming ships without the cheating......

Great job development team, I for one salute you. 

Ordrazz

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Up until the time it's actually released to the public everyone has to remember that the data mining means absolutely nothing, other than maybes anyway. We all know WG will and has changed ships just before releasing/updating of it, so if you were to believe everything that the data miners say, you probably think the world is flat...... Think what happened to the Arizona (sigma value) and what a storm in a teacup the data miners created by giving out info that wasn't going to be correct for her final release. (Total failure on there part).... 

The only thing of any note in the info above is that the RN is being tested but then we all knew that was about to happen anyway, so even that's not new anyway. So in short this post basically says that there's going to be some ship adjustments which happens every patch, as well as some new ships being tested, which also happens just about every patch. 

So, really they didn't find anything at all that's even remotely new, other than theirs a rumour the Vikings are coming. I guess to keep those Nordic fans happy! 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Take the upcoming ship Dunkerque,  its not even out fully yet, & a lot of people have already dismissed it as a bad ship ! If it was bad,  the french wouldn't have e en built it... it would only need to be played a different way then the others...  its called skill. Variety. 

oh this.  I really enjoyed testing the DK.  The first couple of battles were tough, just getting used to the layout and how the ship handled.  After that, well, let's just say I had no issues with dealing damage with her (I can't give the actually numbers, that NDA thingy Sy was talking about).

Henceforth, all Royal Navy fanbois and fangurls shall be known as 'teaboos'.

And you've already been told, the correct response is "Sir" :P

4,163 posts
1,877 battles

Don't get us wrong - I love seeing the discussion and conjectures that new content brings. It's honestly pretty fun to see the community wrangling over information that WG has released.

It's just that it gets pretty frustrating when certain sites start blanket publishing leaked stuff without situating the new information in the right context, all in the name of generating hits and getting attention for themselves, resulting in the playerbase starts fighting amongst themselves or directing insults towards Lesta on misconceptions based on incomplete data. 

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

Here here !!

I look forward to all the nice surprises that the great team at WG with every update & release., they do a mountain of hard work, complex designs & dedication to the original plans & performance to each ship, shell & island in every battle, & hence I do not even blink when I spend $80+ on a tirpitz, or $30+ on an a different ship like Krazny Krym or Mikasa. The excellent team deserve every penny of it for the million hours they put into the game.... I never moan at the prices.  If I wanted to pay nothing I would just play the free ships, but as a patriot I support my team, or in this case my number 1 game...

Now, I dont mind the speculation about new ships, new maps or changes to existing ships, I love the conjecture about what could be possible in an update or not, but when people start data mining, trying to get information before it's released, or picking the game apart to try to discover its secrets,  it takes away the anticipation,  the excitement of new ships or maps,  changes in performance so that we get the thrill of altering our play style to adapt.... it takes all the fun out of it, & replaces it with bitterness & loathing, resentment of upcoming things, because someone nit picks that they dont like something, then people follow,  & it creates anger...

Please, no more data mining, no more leaks, no more broken NDA,  just lets praise the devs for all the hard work they do, by supporting them by buying premiums like I do, & lets just keep the healthy speculation about possible upcoming ships without the cheating......

Ordrazz

Can we get more of this guy please?

[L6G]
Senior Moderator
2,571 posts

Can we get more of this guy please?

Sure, arm, leg or torso?

Pretty sure Australia Post will not let me set a whole body to you!!!!

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Sure, arm, leg or torso?

Pretty sure Australia Post will not let me set a whole body to you!!!!

No but Startrack Express might....

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Here here !!

Ordrazz

I would do the same with premium ships... Only if I could afford to lol

Also your mentality is like at the highest a gamer can ever achieve and that's very positive for the game. I personally don't like leaked information because it's a bit annoying but I still get baited to see them sometimes lol. Mostly just for the screenshots tho