You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Azzadal

My Tirpitz Build

8 comments in this topic

3 posts
1,015 battles

Tirpitz

Consumables

Damage Control Party 2

Repair Party 2

Catapult Fighter 2

Upgrades

Main Armaments mod 1

Secondary Battery mod 2

Damage Control System mod 1

Damage Control System mod 2

Target Acquisition System mod 1

Camouflage

Type 10 - Tirpitz

Commander Skills

Basics of Survivability

Expert Marksman

Vigilance

Advanced Firing Training

Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armaments (working on)

By the way does anyone have any tips on how to fully utilize the Tirpitz? i enjoy sailing in it very much and would like to know more about it i generally like to get i nice and close so i can have my secondaries and torpedoes open fire on anyone foolish enough to get within <6 km of my ship

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Tirpitz is an in-your-face brawler of a battleship. You want to go bow on to targets, close the distance to them so your turtleback works, and then wreck 'em at close range (and if they survive, finish off with a torpedo volley).

Modules-wise, I feel concealment's better than target acquisition, though not sure if cyclone maps may change that.

Commander-skills wise, Vigilance could honestly be substituted (I'd pick High Alert or Superintendent, usually the latter for more charges of repair party) if you're skilled enough to predict torpedoes based on your concealment circle, close watching of the minimap and knowing which enemy destroyers can stealth torp and where they're lurking. Manual Fire Control's also a bit meh - it only lets you fire at one target with your secondaries, and if you're bow on and charging targets, you'll want both sides blazing away. I'd say pick preventative maintenance over it, although you might also want to pick up BFT before that to further improve your secondaries (and AA).

266 posts
5,142 battles

I think you've done it right with your build so far. Though if it's me, I think I'll go with Concealment Mod instead of Target Acquisition Mod, because you already have vigilance on your captain.

One thing I've noticed, though. Sorry for peeking at your stats, but I think you're too aggressive in your Tirpitz. It's good to get close to your enemies, but you need to time your push more carfeully. Your job as a BB is not only to deal damage, but also to tank damage. So the longer you live, the more useful you are. And Tirpitz is really good at tanking damage.

3 posts
1,015 battles

Thank you for both your input

i have tried Superintendent but i find that i tend to not use all of my Repair Parties

High Alert sounds appealing if i use it along side the November Foxtrot  signal

Concealment Expert i have considered and I'm thinking about i.

I have watched both atsf's "How to Tirpitz" videos which is where i got most of the build from i decided to change from a spotting aircraft to a Fighter to shrug off more of those pesky planes

as for my aggressive play style i can be a bit impatient with my team prancing  20km from the enemy ships

683 posts
7,347 battles

Personally I go for rudder shift upgrade, easier to avoid torpedoes when charging against DD (yes, DD. After getting manual secondaries it'd actually quite effective)

To me with the rudder shift plus keep on changing course a bit to left and right help a lot in throwing off torpedoes, thus I didn't take vigilance or target acquisition.

Concealment module is still a must for me. No matter how much you brawl in Tirpitz, more than half of the time you are like 14km away from nearest enemy ship, thus with better concealment it's much easier to move around unnoticed and avoid been fire at.

Hope to see another fearless Tirpitz captain on high sea :)

Edited by Darkworld_2015

683 posts
7,347 battles

If you never use up all repair parties then you are not close enough to your enemy's face :playing:

This.. I admit I have to agree with the above statement :) somehow I will go up tank damage, get back heal, go in again, heal again, then start rushing in when the enemy is scattered. Most of the time I deplete all repair parties by the end of the game, unless I accidentally yolo and sunk :P

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I think you have the basis for a good build.

Id be taking BFT, Expert Marksman, Superintendent, AFT and Manual Fire Control.

Those are to increase the rate of fire and range for secondaries plus lower dispersion.

Ship wise, id take maybe the module that gives secondaries more health. But def rudder shift time and concealment. In close you want to turn to get your torps onto target and also be able to turn quick to get your guns to bear where possible.

BFT will mean your secondaries fire at 3.1 seconds.

Remember you can heal by disengaging. Being a tank doesnt mean rush into 5 enemy ships at the start. You still have to close and judge when you engage. If you have CAs behind you burning the enemy before you, its a good time to close as they will be trying to disengage and not fire all their weapons.

Pick your battles and then go balls secondaries deep!

Edited by greifer