Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Time to get my CV's out of mothballs

12 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

With the current CV event it looks like I'll have to get my Langley and Hosho back into action. Don't worry everyone as I'll only play co op as I suck in them so I won't hinder the team in any way.

I have 10 commander skills on the Langley and 9 on the Hosho, having not used them since the skill reset some time ago.

So I'm just wondering which skills are recommended given the introduction of strafing and AA buffs?

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

Oh wow.

You're going to play in your so called "Training mode".

No need to worry about hindering anyone, as they are no "worthy" players in this mode anyway.

Enjoy.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,976 battles

With the current CV event it looks like I'll have to get my Langley and Hosho back into action. Don't worry everyone as I'll only play co op as I suck in them so I won't hinder the team in any way.

I have 10 commander skills on the Langley and 9 on the Hosho, having not used them since the skill reset some time ago.

So I'm just wondering which skills are recommended given the introduction of strafing and AA buffs?

For CVs, I went BoS -> TAE -> TA -> ASE -> AS.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Oh wow.

You're going to play in your so called "Training mode".

No need to worry about hindering anyone, as they are no "worthy" players in this mode anyway.

Enjoy.

Yeah I'm sorry about that comment, I was having a bad day but that's no excuse.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Snap.

My Langley has came out of storage too. She is now attacking AI ships in co-op.

When I looked at her ,her commander still had his 10 skills undesignated since that patch way back when they reworked the skills. Long time, no play

I wish i saw strats advice on the skills. I went ERG->TAE ->DE ->AFT.  But I now realize DE is useless for Co-op. oh well, que sera sera

753 posts
8,965 battles

Why not try PvP? You get more rewards to get more skill points and you also get real person experience.

Because I suck in CV's and don't want to burden my team.

205 posts
5,305 battles

At least the CVs are out in force in PvP. There's been a CV in almost every match I played tonight. I even managed to do damage on 3 CVs tonight, whereas in the previous week I did none using gunboats (did do some using my Indy, but that POS ship is frustrating to play).

The greater amount of CVs should help those who are trying to finish the CV part of the current ARP Myoko mission. Good luck and happy hunting, mateys!  :great:

753 posts
8,965 battles

All done in 7 battles, time to put them back into mothballs. Didn't realise that co op now has a 30 second waiting time now meaning most of your team is AI.

Also not sure why there is a different torpedo spread for US and IJN CV's, doesn't make sense to me.

154 posts
3,355 battles

Why not try PvP? You get more rewards to get more skill points and you also get real person experience.

That's what I just did. PvE is a bit easier, but you learn more in the deep end playing PvP. 

It's quite deflating when you finally have a decent game in your CV and only get a small amount of exp from PvE. 

As for making a contribution to the team- if you can spot the enemy- especially DD's and therefore see their torpedoes earlier, and defend your team from airstrikes, then you're being helpful. You don't always have to sink multiple ships in every battle to be helpful.

Sign in to follow this