You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NG_NerV

Stupid ARP Myoko Mission

24 comments in this topic

1 post
1,608 battles

Hi All,

Do you all think this ARP Myoko part 4 mission is damn stupid??? First thing is you do not always get CV in your battle queue. Secondly, when you have only 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer that is tier 6, how to even get to the CV? Thirdly, CV are so hard to find. Fourly, even if you do get to the CV, you get shoot to piece by the others ships or bombers.

I think the game company should rethink the mission conditions, damn freaking idiot to come out with these type of conditions. Why limit to tier 6????

What you all think???

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Hi All,

Do you all think this ARP Myoko part 4 mission is damn stupid??? First thing is you do not always get CV in your battle queue. Secondly, when you have only 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer that is tier 6, how to even get to the CV? Thirdly, CV are so hard to find. Fourly, even if you do get to the CV, you get shoot to piece by the others ships or bombers.

I think the game company should rethink the mission conditions, damn freaking idiot to come out with these type of conditions. Why limit to tier 6????

What you all think???

if you dont like it, dont play it. but no need to insult the developer.

also search before post, lots of other member complaint about this mission, and lots of tips already shared to help player to complete this mission.... 

why tier 6? because you will get a tier 7 as a reward and also a 12 point captain, what you feel if they need to use a tier 6 just for a tier 4 reward? not fair right?

also the first ARP Myoko mission is WAYYYYYYY harder than this one. you need to: 

Destroy 30 Destroyers. Set enemy ships on fire 300 times, Deal 1,000,000 damage over any number of battles.

205 posts
5,305 battles

also the first ARP Myoko mission is WAYYYYYYY harder than this one. you need to: 

Destroy 30 Destroyers. Set enemy ships on fire 300 times, Deal 1,000,000 damage over any number of battles.

Yes, I agree that the first ARP Myoko mission was harder. Nonetheless, you had 2 months to complete it, and you saw a bit of progress every day, even as a casual or new(ish) player with a limited number of ships. I completed the first ARP Kongo and ARP Myoko missions using a Cleveland mostly. It was that daily progress that made the grind worthwhile.

I think the frustration that new(ish) players have with this mission is that they don't have the right ships to complete the mission in a comfortable manner. Also, when you are stuck at the CV part of the mission day after day, without any progress due to lack of proper ships to complete it, then, yeah, it can be understandable about the OP's frustration.

Edited by Bunda369

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Yes, I agree that the first ARP Myoko mission was harder. Nonetheless, you had 2 months to complete it, and you saw a bit of progress every day, even as a casual or new(ish) player with a limited number of ships. I completed the first ARP Kongo and ARP Myoko missions using a Cleveland mostly. It was that daily progress that made the grind worthwhile.

I think the frustration that new(ish) players have with this mission is that they don't have the right ships to complete the mission in a comfortable manner. Also, when you are stuck at the CV part of the mission day after day, without any progress due to lack of proper ships to complete it, then, yeah, it can be understandable about the OP's frustration.

btw, you can call me harsh but those mission was never easy for new player. 

if new player havent have the minimum ship (example : tier 6) then all they can do is either wait for the ARP get another re-run like this arp myoko (first is january & february 2016, re-run on august 2016) or.. they can use real money and buy doublon to convert xp into free xp and research tier 6 ship / buy a premium ship tier 6 or above.

if the New player want to complete it, he / she need to "sacrifice" something , either it is his time / money / patient . 

i my self is a die hard fans of Ars Nova, and will do almost anything to complete the mission. on the first mission, when my only tier 6 ship is Fuso, killing 30 DD is almost impossible, and i free xp from Phoenix into cleaveland. completely skip omaha. (i dont even go to mcd / starbucks for a month because of that.)

so the problem lies with people who want the mission easy enough to complete without doing any effort / making sacrifice. 

but yeah, i agree with you on the non progress makes frustating part. this mission will be more easy if we only need to do 50k damage to cv in august. no need to complete the first damage to DD / BB / CL part ....

the only solution i can offer to the op is to play as division with a cv player.

266 posts
5,142 battles

Strangely enough, I completed the CV part of this mission with a Scharnhorst. I just charged into enemy BBs and a Hiryu just appeared out of nowhere, lol.

But I agree with Bunda. The first ARP Myoko mission looks more difficult on first glance, but you will still see some progress everyday. Killing 30 DDs or setting 300 fires can be done comfortably with just about every ship. This mission however, is screwed by the third part, where you need to deal damage to a class which may or may not even be there in each battle. Not every player play CV nor have the luxury to play in a division with CV.

I for one, finished the first two mission in one day. Then day after day, I had no progress at all, until I got the Scharn few days ago. I don't pay any attention to this mission because I already have the ARP Myoko, but I can imagine how frustrating it is for those who really wants her.

I agree with limiting it to tier 6, though. You'll need to have some degree of experience in the game before getting your hands on a T7 ship.

Edited by AsakuraShinji

129 posts
3,547 battles

i myself dont have this issue:trollface:. 2 match of cv snipe should complete the mission

else, play dd , primary object , drive at the edge of the map , cv snipe if u meet day dreaming cv player, success:bajan:

205 posts
5,305 battles

btw, you can call me harsh but those mission was never easy for new player. 

if new player havent have the minimum ship (example : tier 6) then all they can do is either wait for the ARP get another re-run like this arp myoko (first is january & february 2016, re-run on august 2016) or.. they can use real money and buy doublon to convert xp into free xp and research tier 6 ship / buy a premium ship tier 6 or above.

if the New player want to complete it, he / she need to "sacrifice" something , either it is his time / money / patient . 

i my self is a die hard fans of Ars Nova, and will do almost anything to complete the mission. on the first mission, when my only tier 6 ship is Fuso, killing 30 DD is almost impossible, and i free xp from Phoenix into cleaveland. completely skip omaha. (i dont even go to mcd / starbucks for a month because of that.)

so the problem lies with people who want the mission easy enough to complete without doing any effort / making sacrifice. 

but yeah, i agree with you on the non progress makes frustating part. this mission will be more easy if we only need to do 50k damage to cv in august. no need to complete the first damage to DD / BB / CL part ....

the only solution i can offer to the op is to play as division with a cv player.

I never said that the first ARP Myoko mission was easy for a new(ish) player. I agreed with you that it was harder. It just had a better feel about it coz you could see some progress every day. I also remember that we were given a heads-up about the initial ARP mission a few weeks before they commenced. So, we had some time to get ready for it.

Yes, I agree with you that some effort and time should be put into getting these ARP ships. They are collectible items, and for most of us, we don't even play much with them. They offer no real benefits over regular tech tree ships.

Nonetheless, the time and effort put into getting these ships should be comfortable for the whole range of players who collect them. Frustrating mission profiles should be avoided by WG. After all, we play this game for fun, not to be frustrated.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

But I agree with Bunda. The first ARP Myoko mission looks more difficult on first glance, but you will still see some progress everyday. Killing 30 DDs or setting 300 fires can be done comfortably with just about every ship. This mission however, is screwed by the third part, where you need to deal damage to a class which may or may not even be there in each battle. Not every player play CV nor have the luxury to play in a division with CV.

for me, Killing vs Damaging is a whole different hardess level.... the amount of kill steal is too darn high in this game :P

I never said that the first ARP Myoko mission was easy for a new(ish) player. I agreed with you that it was harder. It just had a better feel about it coz you could see some progress every day. I also remember that we were given a heads-up about the initial ARP mission a few weeks before they commenced. So, we had some time to get ready for it.

Yes, I agree with you that some effort and time should be put into getting these ARP ships. They are collectible items, and for most of us, we don't even play much with them. They offer no real benefits over regular tech tree ships.

Nonetheless, the time and effort put into getting these ships should be comfortable for the whole range of players who collect them. Frustrating mission profiles should be avoided by WG. After all, we play this game for fun, not to be frustrated.

true... and with kongo, we have 2 month time to complete it....

actually, having ARP myoko is backfire for me.. now i lost motivation to grind Aoba to get Mogami because i already have ARP Myoko :P

sometimes we need to know the limitation of our self. if the player love a certain destroyer like the fastest, cutest destroyer in THAT collection ship game / anime, will he be frustated to know that his idol girl ship is a tier X ?

Edited by XP_On

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,520 battles

Hi All,

What you all think???

it is free stuff . Plenty of games out there with nasty grinding missions for free items, and a 12 point captain that would normally require, I dunno, 100mplus games to acquire? There have been quite a few new player / lower Tier missions for players, this one is aimed at people who have been in the game for a while. There has to be a minimum Tier requirement otherwise we'd have a bunch of people who never been past T4 ending up in T8-9 games. Cannot remember if earlier ARP CA missions had a Tier limit.

But I assume you got your Kongo? If so I'd guess the people running the ARP missions would probably  say 'working as intended' given your progress in the game so far.

266 posts
5,142 battles

for me, Killing vs Damaging is a whole different hardess level.... the amount of kill steal is too darn high in this game :P

Haha, that's true, but my point is more to the fact that you can kill DD even with Battleships, and there are plenty of DDs in every battle. While CV does not. :3

else, play dd , primary object , drive at the edge of the map , cv snipe if u meet day dreaming cv player, success:bajan:

I hope you're at least half joking with that suggestion. Because If I see a DD doing that, I can assure you I will report him for poor play. Because at T6 and up, that kind of action will most likely screw up the entire team's victory.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,520 battles

Haha, that's true, but my point is more to the fact that you can kill DD even with Battleships, and there are plenty of DDs in every battle. While CV does not. :3

I hope you're at least half joking with that suggestion. Because If I see a DD doing that, I can assure you I will report him for poor play. Because at T6 and up, that kind of action will most likely screw up the entire team's victory.

Ha that's how I pretty much did it, BUT the team told me to  hunt the CV, hey I wasn't going to complain! . Could not believe my luck. One full health Taiyo later nom nom nom.

205 posts
5,305 battles

I've already seen that happen in quite a few matches. At first, it was CA'CLs yoloing into caps to hunt DDs. Then it was DDs border humping to try to get to the enemy rear to hunt CVs instead of capping. They will just ignore you if you ask them to cap.

But CVs are so rare these days. I think I've seen only 2-3 for the last week or so. But, I'm a casual player, so I probably don't put in the number of matches required per day to see more.

266 posts
5,142 battles

Ha that's how I pretty much did it, BUT the team told me to  hunt the CV, hey I wasn't going to complain! . Could not believe my luck. One full health Taiyo later nom nom nom.

Haha, that's why I said 'most likely'. Of course there are exceptions such as in mid game or when you already got all the caps covered. But generally in the beginning of the game, a DD will be much more useful if he focus on capping and spotting, instead of hunting some elusive CV. Congrats on finishing the mission, though. :3

I've already seen that happen in quite a few matches. At first, it was CA'CLs yoloing into caps to hunt DDs. Then it was DDs border humping to try to get to the enemy rear to hunt CVs instead of capping. They will just ignore you if you ask them to cap.

But CVs are so rare these days. I think I've seen only 2-3 for the last week or so. But, I'm a casual player, so I probably don't put in the number of matches required per day to see more.

Yea, I've also already seen some and it cost me a few victories. That's why I kinda hate the way WG do the missions this time...

43 posts
15,159 battles

that cv mission was so bloody difficult! took a lot of games playing dds luckily i found a cv unprotected pumped him full of h.e. burned him and torped him with my kiev.

[LBAS]
4,504 posts
25,688 battles

That's badass mission for the first time, but DDs are popular warship

This time, its look like "A new hope"

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Possible red crayon incoming?

As XP_On said, if you don't like it don't play it

moderator might edit a certain word,

hahahaahaa

450 posts
7,896 battles

You guys hurt the Developer's hearts. They thought they can encourage more people in playing CV by including the CV mission (it is garentee to see a CV if you play CV). At the same time, they though causing 100,000 damage to CV is too much and too hard, so they lower it to 50,000. Now you guys said it is still to hard? It took me three games to unlock it. 

The next mission will be hunting down 2 CVs just to ruin your day.