Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArmorHunter025

Should I go for German Battleship or German Cruiser?

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3 posts
6,503 battles

Having a trouble deciding which line to grind next, should I go for German BB or German CA? Which line is more fun? And which tier 10 is more rewarding? Hindenburg or the new German BB?

139 posts
5,876 battles

Currently grinding the German BB line, still low tier so I can't say much on that.

For German CAs, at low tier (Karlsruhe, Konigsberg, Nurnberg), you have a tendency to get deleted very quickly, and it takes a lot to learn to play them to their strengths.

The Yorck plays a lot like IJN CAs, because of it's awful AP at range. If you have a Myoko, the play style is roughly similar.

The Hipper is where things start to get better, with very good AP shells for punishing cruisers.  Granted you're still fragile, but once you learn to nail other CA broadsides while they're not looking, or aim for the superstructure of BBs, it's pretty decent.

I can tell you the Hindenburg when properly spec'ed is an absolute monster to play. I've grinded 3 CA lines (Zao, Hindenburg and most recently Moskva), and I have no doubt that the Hindenburg is my absolute favourite Tier X CA. The amount of punishment it can dish out is just amazing. The Roon is similar, just less 1 forward turret. so you gotta play more defensively.

Just my 2 cents :P

266 posts
5,142 battles

It really depends on whether you prefer playing cruisers or battleships, as 'fun' is a pretty subjective thing.

For me personally, I really, really, like the Hindenburg. It's easily my most favorite ship in the entire game, while also being my most cursed ship at the same time.

She's the most difficult to handle among all the tier 10 cruisers, but is very fun and rewarding when played right. I've had a bunch of 170k+ damage game with her, which most of them results in defeats. Because as I said, it's also my cursed ship. :( 

I can't say much about the Kurfurst though, as I just got the Bayern. But the german BB line is also pretty enjoyable so far.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,517 battles

Speaking just to the CA line, its worth doing just to get to the Kongsberg at T5, that's my go to fun ship, and it doesn't seem to have been hit by power creep.

T6, is still fin but suffers a lot more when bottom Tier. Past that, what the others have posted.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I checked your progress. You almost unlocked most of tier 10 ships, I say.... go ahead for German Battleships. German Cruiser, I don't recommend it for this season, because too many German battleships & you'll be a food to them. :P

683 posts
7,367 battles

It seems KM BB is more enjoyable to grind. :) I personally don't.know how to perform with Nunberg, Yorck. Only after I got hull upgraded Hipper then I start to enjoy the line.

I skipped to Bayern so I don't know how is it below tier 6, but Bayern Gneisenau, Bismarck are good and enjoyable, as long as you get the hull upgrade.

I'd say you try KM BB first, then when you have the pleasure time, only then you try KM CA?

Another thing is, despite being a player quite focused in Cruiser, somehow I find cruiser position in the game is quite.. awkward. It's like... not the real determining factor in the game.. do share with me if anyone has different opinion. :)

266 posts
5,142 battles

Another thing is, despite being a player quite focused in Cruiser, somehow I find cruiser position in the game is quite.. awkward. It's like... not the real determining factor in the game.. do share with me if anyone has different opinion. :)

In my opinion, I think the cruisers are like the foot soldiers in land-based army. Alone, they are not that strong, but are incredibly flexible and will shine the most when coupled with the other class. Cruisers determine the game result indirectly by either filling the holes, or augmenting the strength in the fleet.

As a fellow cruiser player, I'm sure you would've noticed that if either your battleships or destroyers fall, it becomes much harder to influence the game. That's why, it's our job as a cruiser to make sure that didn't happen. We are the unsung hero, you see. :3

683 posts
7,367 battles

In my opinion, I think the cruisers are like the foot soldiers in land-based army. Alone, they are not that strong, but are incredibly flexible and will shine the most when coupled with the other class. Cruisers determine the game result indirectly by either filling the holes, or augmenting the strength in the fleet.

As a fellow cruiser player, I'm sure you would've noticed that if either your battleships or destroyers fall, it becomes much harder to influence the game. That's why, it's our job as a cruiser to make sure that didn't happen. We are the unsung hero, you see. :3

Haha, thanks mate :)

161 posts
5,905 battles

I dropped the game for quite a while just to came back for German main BB line. I would say go for the BBs but for CA line prepared for some pain to grind.

I could not say much about the T10 on both BB/CA and I'm not gonna reach them in anytime soon I guess, but it would depended on your play style and the way you would consider what "fun" is. For me, the KM CA started to get enjoyable at Hipper and beyond. I've reached Roon but not yet to grasp the best out of her, at least not yet. For KM BB, I'm quite addicted to solely play the prems for credits grinding. If both Gneisenau and Bismarck are reflected by Scharnhorst and Tirpitz, I'm gonna have a good time playing the main line.

Sign in to follow this