You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

Flint?!

18 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Met a Flint on the weekend while I was just out having a nice quiet weekend sail in German BB's. Infact I met the same player for 2 battles in a row, of course on the enemy teams.

He told me he got the ship for finishing 3 seasons of Ranked at level 1, 3 times in a row.

Good to know there was a reward ship....I might have devoted the time, especially seeing how darn powerful this boat is.

As I amble sluggishly straight towards him in my Gneisenau at approximately 9kms out, he turns his attention to me, I got a couple of salvos in, before he did, to little effect.

I thought, I've got this poor sod, he's in a cruiser?!. My AP gonna smash this guy for sure.

Then he turns on his guns. Shots rain down like the Atlanta on me, fires, repair, fires again. Oh well.

Next he pops smoke, wait?! did he pop smoke, does this cruiser GET smoke?!. Then he disappears while continuing to rain down hell as I'm now at 6kms range.

I must push, I can't show my sides and run, surely he will be spotted soon, I'm getting really close.

2 kms from his smoke now, what the hell where is this guy, I'm almost dead. There he is, 1.8ish kms out, I'm going to shoot him, oh wait, I'm already dead.

Second game I wanted vengeance, an exact carbon copy of the first game happened, he popped smoke and destryed me by the time I was under 2kms from him, and he was STILL invisible.

Don't even try to attack a Flint. Brilliant RoF, brilliant invisibility, smoke?, possibly torpedoes....

Pity they didn't know there was an event reward, before the event started. But congrats to the players that persevered and had the boatloads of real world time required to complete the 3 ranked season event.

Hopefully there aren't too many of you!.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i have a div with r3negade and melon on their flint while i'm on atlanta before. enemy melts like butter under our combine firepower. cruiser melt in a matter of seconds while dreadnought who can't run burn from bow to stern. its so ridiculous. :teethhappy:

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Is it that hard to blind fire into a cruiser-sized target in smoke at 6km?

Also, charging into smoke is generally a bad idea if you are a BB without hydro, for every ship that has smoke also has torpedoes.

Edited by xscore

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

It kinda hard, if that particular size Cruiser at 6km away know what he doing :trollface: 

I have deleted many Balancezovs (fat citadels), what were staying stationary in their smoke and spamming HE at me (with 16 inch guns).  If you play the game enough and know the turret layout of cruisers with smoke (which for now is just Balancezov and Flint, hitting them should be easy if they are stationary.  On the other hand, a Flint player who abuses the ship's small size and large smoke trail, and moves in his smoke, is indeed hard to hit. 

But back to the OP.  Doesn't Gniesnau have Torpedus?

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

meet one, 2 days ago I think

Few mins into the battle He recive cripled hit when defending B cap, down to 4k HP.

When his smoke run out, my Ognevoi smoke him.

there is an Island betwen us and around 7 enemy ships, that need to get arround the island to get direct hit to our position, its good position to defend the cap

we rotate our smoke, I use 3 charges. until our Team mop up C cap and rotate to help ours.

we hold the cap with just us and a Fuso

we win the game, I got 2 reputation point from Flint captain - its a good match

Edited by humusz

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

when you meet a Flint

JUST REMEMBER

THE OWNER

IS RANK 1

IN RANKED

THRICE!!!

Make sure to press F3 before engaging

Edited by Harpoon01

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

when you meet a Flint

JUST REMEMBER

THE OWNER

IS RANK 1

IN RANKED

3 TIMES

Unicum sniping intensifies

Also, ftfy

695 posts
2,153 battles

Haters going to Hate.  Me too couldn't be bothered to play ranked battles as well as super testing.  Not enough free time to do it all.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

when you meet a Flint

JUST REMEMBER

THE OWNER

IS RANK 1

IN RANKED

THRICE!!!

Not all rank 1 players are created equal.  I once met a Flint player who took 500 matches to rank out the last season, with less than 50% win rate.  He was pushing aggressively so we rekt him.

But otherwise, a solo rank 1 player is not a threat.  Rank 1 divisions, however...

Once had a match with top Khaba player, his rank 1 division mate in a Gearing, plus another div mate in a DM, plus another solo Rank 1 Udaloi

On my team...

RIP enemy ships, 7 minutes "Kill All"

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,517 battles

Haters going to Hate.  Me too couldn't be bothered to play ranked battles as well as super testing.  Not enough free time to do it all.

Heh. Same rules apply to Flint Captains as STs "Burn them! Pitchforks, rouse the rabble, angry mob arrrrgggh"

Trouble is these guys are a cut above your average Supertester.....

Just be glad they are so rare. Have a YouTube search for Flint videos, the smoke duration / cool down os such that I think there is only a 30 second gap from smoke ending to being available again.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

With the RoF an Atlanta has, you'd be surprised how easy it is to track its position if you aim between the source of the cannon fire.

Just remember an Atlanta's width. If the shell grouping is tighter in smoke, the Atlanta is angled. If it's wide, it's broadsided.