Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Battles over before they start

23 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

The placement of ships at the start of battle can sometimes decide the match before it even starts. Eg.

3 cap domination games with 4 DD's per team with 3 DD's placed facing one of those caps you are guaranteed who is going to cap that one.

Placing 1 or 2 ships on one flank (CV's stuck out  the side of nowhere meaning they are more concerned with getting to support rather than what their planes are doing) while the remainder of the team are on the other, this is lemming train's just waiting to happen.

Trident map when you know the majority of each team are starting in the middle.

1 DD facing a cap with only BB's as support while all the CA?CL's are on the other side.

In about 80% of matches I can predict who is going to go where and the eventual outcome of the match.

Each team should start in 2 battle groups which contains an even distribution of ship types per group, give or take 1 ship type difference due to team composition. This would encourage more supportive team play imo.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Team play?

Do you even play this game?

I play the real version, not the training version that some constantly do out of fear of meeting a worthy opponent.

The real question you should ask yourself is are you qualified to even make such statements here or in any other thread? :facepalm:

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

I'm sorry to say that Co-Op is not a training version at all.

And with all the rants people post up on this forum about "worthy" opponents, there doesn't seem to be as many as you think.

Now, on qualification, I was an Alpha tester for this game.....

I don't think you were.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

The placement of ships at the start of battle can sometimes decide the match before it even starts. Eg.

3 cap domination games with 4 DD's per team with 3 DD's placed facing one of those caps you are guaranteed who is going to cap that one.

Placing 1 or 2 ships on one flank (CV's stuck out  the side of nowhere meaning they are more concerned with getting to support rather than what their planes are doing) while the remainder of the team are on the other, this is lemming train's just waiting to happen.

1 DD facing a cap with only BB's as support while all the CA?CL's are on the other side.

In about 80% of matches I can predict who is going to go where and the eventual outcome of the match.

Each team should start in 2 battle groups which contains an even distribution of ship types per group, give or take 1 ship type difference due to team composition. This would encourage more supportive team play imo.

Hmmm reminds me of a post and comments  i had made avout this as well.  Starting positions of ships at the start does have an affect on the outcome of the battle. 

Like 3 tier 8 cruisers face 1 tier 8 cruiser 1 tier 8 DD and a tier 6 cruiser  yeah i know who win that battle. 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

It's easy to tell where the enemy team will he at game start, look at your team placement, then mirror and flip the layout. If your CV is on the far left, theirs will be on the far right etc.

Also, having a go at someone just because they only play co-op is not on. Keep it civil.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

It's easy to tell where the enemy team will he at game start, look at your team placement, then mirror and flip the layout. If your CV is on the far left, theirs will be on the far right etc.

Also, having a go at someone just because they only play co-op is not on. Keep it civil.

I don't think that's how the placement goes.

Divs make placements funky, and there are times were CVs are both on the eastern/western side of the map.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,874 battles

Strait is a map where the placement of ships at the start of battle is a good indicator you're in for a whole world of trouble or not. Then within 30 seconds you can be pretty sure as some ships peel off to join the bigger group on the other side of the Strait.. MM seems to enjoy sticking all your team's lower tier ships on one side of Strait.

Atleast in Co-Op the bots on your side won't be AFK or run away from the battle.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Strait is a map where the placement of ships at the start of battle is a good indicator you're in for a whole world of trouble or not. Then within 30 seconds you can be pretty sure as some ships peel off to join the bigger group on the other side of the Strait.. MM seems to enjoy sticking all your team's lower tier ships on one side of Strait.

Atleast in Co-Op the bots on your side won't be AFK or run away from the battle.

One side is intentionally made weaker than the other. Mostly, for the side with the fastest access to the other team's cap. Quite visible in standard battles.

If the side your cap is on isn't advancing or is losing, you can imagine how things would go for the rest of the match.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I know what you mean. For some reason, (I've only recorded as high as 90% of my cruiser battles), I am spawned on the side of the map with the least, and weakest share of the team.

At 90% this is much higher than "random".

I've started to notice I get the same spawns with my German BB's now too.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Strait needs the ban hammer or the red crayon. I kept getting that map in ranked last season, so after 3 or 4 games I gave up ranked.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I play the real version, not the training version that some constantly do out of fear of meeting a worthy opponent.

The real question you should ask yourself is are you qualified to even make such statements here or in any other thread? :facepalm:

i kind offended with your post here, i hope you wont do this again :D

true, it always the diagonal opposite :D

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Strait needs the ban hammer or the red crayon. I kept getting that map in ranked last season, so after 3 or 4 games I gave up ranked.

There is no more strait map after rank 15.

With regards to OP: Shit happens, learn to deal with it

Sometimes I can tell my team will have a fast victory, regardless of spawn cos, I recognise 4 unicums on my team.  Other times I see that my CV is a potato player and accept that we will probably lose.

Player skill is a far higher determinant of victory chance than spawn locations.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,874 battles

>3 DDs in a div are the only DDs in your team

>Domination game

>Enemy team has 4 DDs

>None of them are in a div

>DD div spawns on the far side of the map

Wellp. Time to get cap points as a cruiser.

Our side has two Mutsuki the reds have a div of two Blyskawica - hard day in the office ahead.

Beta Tester
908 posts

There is no more strait map after rank 15.

With regards to OP: Shit happens, learn to deal with it

Sometimes I can tell my team will have a fast victory, regardless of spawn cos, I recognise 4 unicums on my team.  Other times I see that my CV is a potato player and accept that we will probably lose.

Player skill is a far higher determinant of victory chance than spawn locations.

Exactly, you can have all 3 caps and still get smashed and lose. I have seen this in ranked games.

Holding 1 cap then proceeding together works wonders. After all there is time in the game. 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

WG go on about balance in the game but... sadly there is no balance other wise you wouldn't get the one side spawn positions that favour one side over the other.

now 4 v 2 the 4 ships will smash the 2 ships easy, now you say well the rest of your team will out number the other side of the map then.... Ummm no, because even if my side has 8 ships vs 6 ships the enemy 6 ships can hold up the 8 ships long enough for the rest of the enemy ships to kill the 2 ships and then engage the other 8 ships and thus the battle is lost more often than won when this happens.

556 posts
8,197 battles

Yeah, the bot that knows the WSAD hack and fires torpedoes at point blank range.

Actually half the team rage quit half-way through the match. It's last kill was our carrier.

350 posts

Actually half the team rage quit half-way through the match. It's last kill was our carrier.

I met it just this afternoon in a carrier (a Ryoju or a Hiryu). Let's just say that revenge is sweet and leave it at that. 

753 posts
8,965 battles

Met this bastard in Co-op tonight

mbllYRY.jpg

This might explain our meeting.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/17759-time-to-get-my-cvs-out-of-mothballs/page__fromsearch__1

However, I apologized for my co op comment in that thread yet have never resorted to personal insults. 

Back on topic, the mirror effect also makes it predictable as to the outcome of the match which is why some players know, though not all, where to go to counter the the expected threat or where the easiest path is to take.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

Divisions and spawns are hard. Earlier in the wows life cycle division ships spawned to make maps even.

The population asked that divisions start together as that is what makes them stronger. You can't have it both ways.

I never think a battle is over before it starts. Have to do some damage and see the flow. One can always turn a game.

Seeing CAs and BBs sail into caps of a domination game and die to torps though. That is when i think things are going pear shaped.

Its nice to be aggressive but not in all situations!!

Sign in to follow this