You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Teostra

Matchmaking

15 comments in this topic

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Tier V possible to top tier, tier VI will give V-VII usually, at least that's me from playing minekaze and cleveland.

295 posts
6,613 battles

fun fact i skip german BB to konig full upgrade so i only have to grind for bayern, and for the entire grind i only get 1 or 2 battle where i'm top tier, currently in bayern and this problem still persist, mainly tier 7 matches

231 posts
3,548 battles

not understanding here , but you should really be buying every ship . :) its healthier to have them all :)

top tier maybe 4 times today out of 12 matches tonight ...... unconcernded if i am top tier , or not , comes down to game style i suppose 

off the top of my head its better to top tier at around 8-10 :(

266 posts
5,142 battles

Because of the recent MM change, T4 won't face T6 anymore. So T5 and T6 gets dragged to T7 and T8 match quite often.

It is still possible to get top tier, but quite rare.

525 posts
7,946 battles

Because of the recent MM change, T4 won't face T6 anymore. So T5 and T6 gets dragged to T7 and T8 match quite often.

It is still possible to get top tier, but quite rare.

I don't think you can get into a T8 match in a T5, except in a division

266 posts
5,142 battles

I don't think you can get into a T8 match in a T5, except in a division

No, I mean T5 gets dragged to T7, and T6 gets dragged to T8. Sorry I worded that poorly. :hiding:

205 posts
5,305 battles

so whose idea was this? why WG decided to change tier 4 MM? 

Good question. I think that most of us grinded through T3 and T4 without much complaints. WG screwed up this preferential MM for T3 and T4. Now the new players will be in for a culture shock at T5 when they are dragged into T7 matches most of the time. And, then they suffer again at T6.

If I were a new player, I'd rather have a little suffering at the lower tiers, as opposed to the awful grind that is T5 and T6 now. Although I do notice that this applies more to CA/CL players. The other types suffer less when up-tiered, I think.

I used to enjoy puttering around T5 and T6. Nowadays, not so much. Playing my T7 ships is more fun now in a way. The MM for T7 ships is more balanced.

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

T5 is now in the same situation as T8, they are often pulled up with higher tiers to fill up vacancy. Still you should get about 1/3 of the games where you are top tier over a good number of games. As long as your T5 ship is not put against T7 ones, you should do fine. Still T5 is not so bad.

563 posts
4,686 battles

There are still a fighting chance for t5 and t6 in t7/t8 match.. 

*cough* 16inchers *cough* myokos, schors,mogamis *cough* blyskas, kievs, bensons *cough* saipans

Well there is some hope:teethhappy: