You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kaiser819

British Battleship Lines suggestion

12 comments in this topic

5 posts
106 battles

Possible British Battleship lines

Introduction

Greetings and salutations everyone, with the anticipation of the upcoming release of the British Royal Navy cruisers has gotten many people excited. With this excitement I have decided make this discussion about possible ideas for when the future release of Royal Navy battleships, because I really don't want Wargamming to go down the lazy route and mess up in a disastrous catastrophe. The Royal Navy deserves better respect especially towards its long history of once being the premier naval power for more than a century and the greatest symbols of their history were the battleships. The Royal had the greatest variety of capital warship designs of any major naval power of the first half of the 20th century and its would a massive disservice to not to properly represent this variety in World of Warships by being limited by a single line on the technology tree. To balance the difficulties of the workflow Wargamming programmers and designers would have to experience and the variety of British Royal Navy battleships I think there should be a minimum of two lines each representing the naval doctrines of First Sea Lord John "Jackie" Fisher which influenced the designs of capital warships for the 20th century. The advantage of this 2 line system is that Wargamming can focus on a single line for initial release and still have room for future release for the other line, without the hassle of having to reorganise the entire ship lines. The two lines would be Slow Battleships and Battlecruisers. The following ships below are what I have proposed as these represent the evolution of British battleships over the course of the first half the 20th century I will not be able to have the time to properly provide all the information. I would like others to see comment on their opinions and how they think what ships should wargamming should use in game.

Start of the tree

Tier 3: HMS Dreadnought

2ufaold.jpg

Slow Battleships

These vessels emphasize both extremely heavy weight of fire and very thick armour allowing them to be able to withstand heavy firepower and being able to respond back in kind making them ideal for engaging enemy battleships. Unfortunately these vessels suffer from relatively slow speeds meaning these ships are vulnerable to being overwhelmed by large numbers of destroyers and cruisers as they will not be able to escape easily leaving the only favorable option is to fight it out and stay afloat long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

Tier 4: HMS Orion

bzxv4.jpg

Tier 5: HMS Iron Duke

6z380o.jpg

Tier 6: HMS Queen Elizabeth

idetts.jpg

Tier 7: King George V

2nte368.jpg

Tier 8: HMS Nelson

1gjh21.jpg

Tier 9: HMS Lion (Lion class battleship)

2n5d07.jpg

Tier 10: HMS St Andrews (N3 Class)t7y0e8.jpg

Battlecruisers

These ships emphasize the combination of the heavy firepower of the battleship with the speed and maneuverability of cruiser. However this comes with the price of having considerably less armour than of the true battleships meaning you will not be able to withstand same level of abuse as the battleship and therefore any attempt to fight a slogging match with any ship that have the same level of firepower as you will result in you suffering the same fates as the HMS Invincible, HMS Queen Mary, HMS Indefatigable and HMS Hood. Instead your main role is to chase down cruisers and using your firepower to send them to the bottom. If your are unfortunate to encounter a battleship, remember speed is your armour, use it to avoid getting hit and get hell out of there

Tier 4: HMS Invincible

Tier 5: HMS Royal Princess (Lion class battlecruiser 1912)

Tier 6: HMS Renown

Tier 7: HMS Hood

Tier 8: HMS Vanguard

Tier 9: HMS Inflexible (G3 Class Battlecruiser)

Tier 10: K3 class

Edited by Kaiser819

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

N3 Class has so so so many flaws
And the design is not very favorable either
Try Incomparable class battlecruiser

Okay

Knowing it is WG with reputation of making Even rejected design and put it in the game

Edited by Harpoon01

1,494 posts

I would put

LION battleship class at tier 10

HMS VANGUARD at tier 9

KGV class tier 8 

NELSON class tier 7

QUEEN ELIZABETH class tier 6 (we already have warspite as premium tier 6, which is same class, we could have the queen elizabeths in the in the 1930s configuration to be different, such as BARHAM or MALAYA.)

IRON DUKE class tier 5

INDEFATIGABLE class tier 4 (battlecruiser) 

DREADNOUGHT tier 3

KING EDWARD VII class battleship  tier 2  (pre-dreadnought, to keep mikasa company)

I would suggest HMS HOOD battlecruiser would make excellent tier 7 premium ship

HMS AGINCOURT battleship would be a tier 4 premium ship

HMS REPULSE battlecruiser would be a tier 5 premium ship

I woudnt add any paper ships, as many were not fully developed, except for the LION class battleships of 1939 (which was revised a few times during the war) so I would add her yes.

My 2 cents.

Ordrazz

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yeah, Nelson-class has no business being at T8. Should be a T7 with her other Big Seven contemporaries. KGV at t8 might be problematic, but stats such as reload or penetration can be modified to make her suitable for it. 

Beta Tester
57 posts
3,018 battles

I would put

LION battleship class at tier 10

HMS VANGUARD at tier 9

KGV class tier 8 

NELSON class tier 7

QUEEN ELIZABETH class tier 6 (we already have warspite as premium tier 6, which is same class, we could have the queen elizabeths in the in the 1930s configuration to be different, such as BARHAM or MALAYA.)

IRON DUKE class tier 5

INDEFATIGABLE class tier 4 (battlecruiser) 

DREADNOUGHT tier 3

KING EDWARD VII class battleship  tier 2  (pre-dreadnought, to keep mikasa company)

I would suggest HMS HOOD battlecruiser would make excellent tier 7 premium ship

HMS AGINCOURT battleship would be a tier 4 premium ship

HMS REPULSE battlecruiser would be a tier 5 premium ship

I woudnt add any paper ships, as many were not fully developed, except for the LION class battleships of 1939 (which was revised a few times during the war) so I would add her yes.

My 2 cents.

Ordrazz

this guy stole my idea lol

but for me the lion class bbs should be the tier 10 is among the widely known ships from the British. All the other mutable threads on here and their other other region fourm everyone wants the nelson as the t7 of choice ( hope wg hear our plea) 

P,s it would kinda make sense alot about  the Bismarck as tier8 completely smashing the hood as its a t7 prem

Edited by dolfire999

5 posts
106 battles

this guy stole my idea lol

but for me the lion class bbs should be the tier 10 is among the widely known ships from the British. All the other mutable threads on here and their other other region fourm everyone wants the nelson as the t7 of choice ( hope wg hear our plea) 

P,s it would kinda make sense alot about  the Bismarck as tier8 completely smashing the hood as its a t7 prem

I really wanted to see the N3 and the G3 designs asI think they are really cool looking designs

403 posts
8,188 battles

But but but... Hood should be tier 8, because we need the famous showdown to happen.

*troll mode off

I suspect the British light cruiser line will be followed soon after by the fabled cruiser rebalance, where the other nations get heavy and light cruiser lines. During which the British will get a heavy cruiser line that becomes a battlecruiser line past tier 7.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

But but but... Hood should be tier 8, because we need the famous showdown to happen.

*troll mode off

I suspect the British light cruiser line will be followed soon after by the fabled cruiser rebalance, where the other nations get heavy and light cruiser lines. During which the British will get a heavy cruiser line that becomes a battlecruiser line past tier 7.

she still can see Bismarck at tier 8 or tier 9 battle, no worries mate
Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,372 battles

Whilst I agree that if the nelson has to be there it should be tier 7 but its so slow and such a poor turner unless it is changed from real life stats in the handling/speed departments its not much more than a very heavy hitting fort (I read an article where the Nelson/Rodney were never allowed to enter port before all other ships had as the risk of them crashing and blocking the entrance due to poor maneuverability was to high).

I dont agree with the repulse being at tier 5 she is a very similar ship in capabilities to the tier 7 Ngeisenau  repulse about 10,000 tons heavier but doesnt have short range torps (although I think the Ngeisenau needs a buff)