You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stein_Grenadier

You guys budget warriors?

55 comments in this topic

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

No no, not wallet warriors.

Budget warriors. You know. People who only ever pick the cheapest camouflage and never runs premium consumables unless they're free. Oh, and no premium time, either.

I definitely am one.

I've been like this for over 1.7k battles, and I never really found a need for them, especially for T7/8 ships.

1-2 fires? Do I use damecon? Ahahaha, no. Regardless of ship.

Broken engine and rudder on a DD while on fire? That's when I pop smoke for myself and literally wait the fire out. That or I wait for their shots to become wildly inaccurate and/or begin ignoring me.

Fire and flooding from a CV's bombers? Was it all of their squadrons or is one squadron lying outside range? No? Kay, I can wait before running damecon. Flooding and fire damage is repairable, anyway.

Premium consumables on a DD? Hah! As if I need smoke that often. IJN DDs reliable gunboats. Feels like every other DD doesn't want to be within 10km of me for some reason.

I feel as though I'd do better with them, but my credit balance says 'No'. Does this translate to me being a passive player? Heh, no. I'd rather hold a point with two divmates against the enemy's lemming train rather than joining our lemming train and making the match look like a game of 'Go clockwise/counter clockwise'. Worst thing than could happen is giving the enemy a free cap.

Trying to uptier every ship in a nation one by one is hard. I've unlocked Shokaku ages ago, yet I can't even raise monies to buy the stock version, let alone the modules and upgrades.

And no, I want to avoid sealclubbing for credits if possible.

So, anyone in this club?

Edited by Stein_Grenadier

220 posts
3,420 battles

Yup and not even a single dooblan

It's a hard long road and a limited number of ships

At 2.6k battles and still a NooB..some of us just can't get passed this stage :) A guy will come in after 100 battles and call me one..mind you he's way better lol so I suck it up.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,987 battles

I did this with CVs even as I was grinding through my Taiho and Essex. I had to get my doubloons thru contests and streams.

I, however, love my prem consumables on BBs for extra longevity.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

I had left over premium from WOT when I joined the alpha test.   Never renewed it. Don't buy prems.   Don't use flags and only upgrade a couple of the free ships I have.  Everything else runs bog stock standard.  I've never had the inclination to pay anything.  I've had 10,000 Dubloons sitting in my account since I started in the game and havent spent it. My days of filling WG's space station fund ended over 12 months ago with WOT.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

I was a wallet warrior last time. But with all my hard earned gold still stuck in WoT I'm now essentially a budget warrior. WG is not getting another cent from me. Atago was tempting, but at a whopping 60 SGD for mere pixels I'm planning on getting the GOTY edition of Witcher 3 instead come end of this month. An easy decision I will never regret.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I am a pure (and poor) budget warrior

Since the economy in wot is quite messed up and everyone in high tier use golden ammo (camo and Premi consum too)

I never bother play there and transfer to WoWS instead

Edited by Harpoon01

14 posts
3,681 battles

Me me! I'm a budget warrior! No no...no premiums or anything special unless it's free. I even have a fleet of minimum 2 ships from every type above tier IV to complete missions for freebies. I use Zuiho to fund everything. But only ships I have that are above tier VII are just IJN CVs and they don't lose creds unless you get dmg or don't do enough dmg.

Edited by ChristmasFerret

205 posts
5,305 battles

I had left over premium from WOT when I joined the alpha test.   Never renewed it. Don't buy prems.   Don't use flags and only upgrade a couple of the free ships I have.  Everything else runs bog stock standard.  I've never had the inclination to pay anything.  I've had 10,000 Dubloons sitting in my account since I started in the game and havent spent it. My days of filling WG's space station fund ended over 12 months ago with WOT.

Can I have some of your doubloons?  :hiding:

I'm a budget warrior myself. Only ever bought doubloons, nothing else. No premium time, but I do use premium consumables and regular camo via credits (I have tons of credits). Don't use any flags, so I have lots of flags sitting around.

312 posts
10,043 battles

Now I dont have much budget problem, because I dont have any dream ships wanna get.
I try new ships whenever it has credit discount lol. In the past 3 weeks, i bought discounted pepsicola, furutaka, nagato, nassua, kaiser and of course their upgrades. Yet my money still fluctuates around 20 millions lol

You know why? I buy discounted ships !!!!! Be opportunistic :)

Edited by Minifirefly

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Just in case some people still don't know ( I didn't till about November last year,and I started playing WoWs a week into OBT),you can use credits instead of doubloons for Premium Consumables.Click the arrow next to the doubloons amount and it will give the option to use credits.

I am bit of a mix,I pick and choose the premium consumables I run depending on how likely I am to actually use them in each ship.I find that some of them you either don't need at all due to the type of ship/tier,or for the increased number of charges I am very unlikely to need extra.

Premium time I usually only get when I am on holidays so I get the most use out of it ( IF WG wants to implement global log ins then I would spring for long term premium time as I have both NA and ASIA accounts).

Still buy doubloons though for Camo's on ships I like and port slots,and have been buying the German premium ships as they come out.

Edited by BanditSE1977

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Now I dont have much budget problem, because I dont have any dream ships wanna get.

I try new ships whenever it has credit discount lol. In the past 3 weeks, i bought discounted pepsicola, furutaka, nagato, nassua, kaiser and of course their upgrades. Yet my money still fluctuates around 20 millions lol

You know why? I buy discounted ships !!!!! Be opportunistic :)

Doing that myself at the moment,hammering the German BB till the discount is over to save a few credits!

Oh,and NA server had half price on port slots a couple of months ago,so I bought eight waiting for the German BBs!

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Budget warrior for every other ship except cleveland cuz it easily prints enough credits to cover it's repair 3 times over. Only thing I've bought in the premium shop was port slots, and that was during WG's anniversary sale too. Also has a huge stockpile of flags of every kind, because why use them when you can pray to rng everday for no detonations plz :teethhappy:

575 posts
5,354 battles

Since I'm retired, I now spend my money on me. Spent enough of it raising 3 kids, mortgage, car, taxes, and whatnot; however, nothing on me at the time. Now, I enjoy spending my money to benefit me. I sure the heck can't take it with me when I join the other sailors in Davey Jones' locker.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

I'm definitely not budget warrior, but I'm also not Aeroonn who will use all premium consumables and the most expensive camo, so... I'm in between? :D

Edited by Vio_Strygun

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Oh,this is handy for new players,guide with pics on how to use credits instead of doubloons for consumables:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/92193-psa-you-can-use-credits-for-premium-consumables/

Doubloons, Credits...

It doesn't matter.

Once you've spent more than the bare minimum, you're a heretic.

---

And I already know about this since aaaaages ago.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Will you be considered as a special class of player if you do so?

Now, my question is, will you take the premium consumables that you get from missions to your grave after you die? Or make an will for the future generation?

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Will you be considered as a special class of player if you do so?

Now, my question is, will you take the premium consumables that you get from missions to your grave after you die? Or make an will for the future generation?

I'z speyshul.

Like a 'green' hippie.