Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bunnios

Matchmaking: WG trolling T8 players?

15 comments in this topic

97 posts
13,803 battles

I've noticed that the matchmaker (since the last 2 patches or so) is creating a lot of games with T8 vs T10 ships.

For example, today I've had the following twice: 6 T8, 1 T9, 5 T10

If you're playing a T8 cruiser, then the game is often pointless since you can barely contribute at all. If you push to help DDs, a T10 BB will simply delete you. So you either just hide behind other ships (or islands) in the hope that something comes in range. It makes for a very boring game. Generally speaking, high tier cruiser play is often pointless, unless you happen to have a Zao.

In my last game just now, there were 5 T8s, 4 T9s and 3 T10. In my Atago, I tried to support a DD capping, but a Yamato one-shotted me from 20km, EVEN THOUGH there were 7 other ships BETWEEN me and the Yamato. The T10s just pick out the T8s and delete them.

Is this being done on purpose? Are there really not enough T10/T9 ships to make full games?

Perhaps the MM can be changed to make smaller (e.g. 8vs8 or 10v10) games just so it doesn't have to include a bunch of T8s.

Only 4 out of 9 games today was T8 top-tier.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

It might b due to the fact that a lot of players are grinding the lower tier German battleships  and thus not enough players playing tier 8-10 at this point in time.

Give it a few days or a week and it should be back to normal. Probably best to play tiers 4-7 for now.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'm pretty sure if you happened to be top tier on your Atago most of the time instead this thread won't even exist..

It's prime time which means there are more T10 players queuing to feast poor T8 players, you just happened to get the short end of the stick.

Also, if you got deleted from 20km, its entirely your fault because you lacked awareness..

266 posts
5,142 battles

Ehh... I just carried a T10 match in my Atago yesterday. As a cruiser main, I never find high tier cruisers pointless.

I bet that Yamato chose you among those other ship because you showcased your beautiful broadside to him. :3

As for the MM issue, I think it's as yobbo said, most people are playing T4-T7 now because of German BBs.

265 posts
799 battles

How bout me in muh Fuso got uptiered to tier 8? It has happened a lot of times recently. Is that not trolling?

To be fair, this is just before the patch hit so I may have to try again and see the player to tier distribution

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Cripple Zao and Hindenburg in a salvo with Atago

Just that and i already get top exp

Severely damage A Montana with Fubuki reward me best Exp

Covering fire to def our team cap also reward me well in my Mogami

Seriously it is not troll

If you often get Top tier, i bet you wont complain here

And you get bottom tier several times and you lose your mind

Beta Tester
913 posts

An Atago in top tier game can do well. You just need to learn to use cover, fire salvos at the right time and get back into concealment.

You can do a lot of damage in an atago setting T10 ships on fire. It plays like a zao.

97 posts
13,803 battles

Also, if you got deleted from 20km, its entirely your fault because you lacked awareness..

Thank you for pointing that out. I was hitherto unaware of my lack of ability of tracking the orientation and gun position of every enemy ship and their exact position and targeting preferences at all times. 

That was an invaluable contribution to the subject of this thread and many will no doubt appreciate your keen observation that they will be eternally lacking in their ability to avoid all incoming enemy fire and thus question their right to even play this game.

You must be fun at parties.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Thank you for pointing that out. I was hitherto unaware of my lack of ability of tracking the orientation and gun position of every enemy ship and their exact position and targeting preferences at all times. 

That was an invaluable contribution to the subject of this thread and many will no doubt appreciate your keen observation that they will be eternally lacking in their ability to avoid all incoming enemy fire and thus question their right to even play this game.

If you're spotted, you better begin evasive maneuvers regardless.

Sailing in a straight line while spotted is an excellent way to get a fast trip back to port.

It's also extremely simple to look at your map, checking the surrounding terrain to see if they can take potshots at you and checking their gun orientation. If there are more than five ships that have a chance of taking potshots at you, you have clearly overextended. Heck, you can just ignore ship positioning entirely and see if there are shells flying towards you.

Unless of course, you play the entire game in sniper view. But I reckon you are competent enough to avoid tunnel vision.

---

You also misused "You must be fun at parties."

Heck, that should be a remark made towards you given how you're avoiding the subject (Lack of your situational awareness) and replying in a sarcastic manner that adds implications that weren't even there: "Right to even play this game."

Edited by Stein_Grenadier

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

"What's this icon on my screen that says 'Detected' with an exclamation mark above it? Oh right, i was detected, lets just sail in a completely straight line, nothing can happ.." *boom*

...and you completely dismissed my earlier statement that actually talking about the subject of your thread?

Well i do make people dance, i hope you also notice my nickname :trollface: 

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

If you got deleted in your cruiser by a BB it's either:

1. You are careless by making it easier for BB to shoot at you (everyone loves easy target, it's a human nature)
  2. The RNG decided to send you back to the port (i.e. because WG decided to make the game mechanics a bit fun and engaging for BB captains)

Note that I aimed at the closest Konigsberg, the one that was broadsiding to me. Yet for some reason RNG think otherwise. The victim was not showing his broadside as was indicated by the wreck.

Edited by Artisto81

205 posts
5,305 battles

Sometimes you don't even have to be broadside to a BB to be deleted in one salvo. As others have stated, RNG can be a b*tch. 

I had a game a few days ago in one of my ARP Kongou sisters on Estuary. There was a Nurnberg almost bow on to me about 16 km away. I took a shot anyway, coz I was already spotted by some DD and there were no other targets in sight. RNG decided to give me 5 hits, 3 of which were citadels. Instant, "Kaboom!" and my team goes, "Wow!" coz it was the first shot of the match. I apologized to the victim and told him RNG can be a b*tch sometimes.

Edited by Bunda369

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Sometimes you don't even have to be broadside to a BB to be deleted in one salvo. As others have stated, RNG can be a b*tch. 

I had a game a few days ago in one of my ARP Kongou sisters on Estuary. There was a Nurnberg almost bow on to me about 16 km away. I took a shot anyway, coz I was already spotted by some DD and there were no other targets in sight. RNG decided to give me 5 hits, 3 of which were citadels. Instant, "Kaboom!" and my team goes, "Wow!" coz it was the first shot of the match. I apologized to the victim and told him RNG can be a b*tch sometimes.

It was very nice of you:honoring:

683 posts
7,367 battles

You may get the tier 2 skill point for captain which gives you warning for any incoming shells more than 6 sec from you. I had it for sometimes, and it saved my ships countless times. I decided to move away from it after a while as it's too costly to me.

As others have pointed out, once your situational awareness icon pop out and you are driving a CA (for me, even if I'm in BB) I will start turning, slow down and re accelerate, etc, to throw any possible incoming shots off. This is very crucial in first few minutes of the match as you might likely been focused fired if you are the first to be spotted. (To me quite common, usually I try to push up in my Hinden to help out DD at front. Yes yes, I don't always got away, at times I got citadeled and limped away like a defeated wolf with its tail between its hind legs)

And no, I can't track every single ships, my brain can't stomach it, so I take prophylactic steps.

And no, I'm not trying to tease or what sort of, I just hope the game to stay fun for everyone, so I also can have fun from it. :P ( though that means less scoring hits at the beginning of the game. Well, that should be the right way isn't it? Everyone is improving)

Sign in to follow this